over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you or wouldn't you

after reading responses and the amazing amount of SPAM (who is to blame for that? amazing this site is so infested) anyway, i would NOT touch a steroid if i could do it all over again.
i would just like to live and die as a normal man as god intended me to be.
and.......
my other side says, HRT is the shit and thank god for it! (but i can only say that cuz i know what its like with it and with out it, my father who has never used AAS has no interest and no need cuz he is obliious to the benefits it has, and the negatives.... he is better off to not know. ignorance is bliss)

basically this thread asks me the question: "if you could do it all over again would you rather live longer and be thin or live shorter and be big?"
that is alsmost litterally what you are asking.
i would be lean.
get same amount of pussy and live longer and watch my kids grow. the way it is now, i wonder how many years did i shave off my life for these fucking stupid big biceps that my daughters dont give a damn about...
its called the darkside for a reason.
makes all of us compromise our belifes or integrity or health....
-JS

i totally understand. its different for everyone. if i had kids i would probably say the same thing. i would worry about my health alot more. as of now i wouldnt change a thing but we all know how fast that can change.

This spam is ridiculous

This spam is ridiculous

:spam: agree completely

as for you question ive only been using steroids for 2 years, since 18 years old, so i dont think i could anser this question yet

hopefully in time i dont regret it like some have :eek:

ive only been doing this since 07 so i would say no regrets at all. i only did it becuz it wuz suggested to me by a doctor. i cycle and cruise inbetween cycles with hrt. i feel better and i look better. my blood work has not significantly changed since doing so. i am quite happy and comfortable at the moment seeing how i havent seen any negative results thus far.

I'm still in late 20's so its probably premature for me to answer this. I didnt hit the gear till i was 26. The only thing i would have changed is the retarded dosages I ran during my second cycle. NO need for that, no sir. I'm currently "off" and feeling pretty good. I must say MUCH better than when i was BEFORE I ever started. I won't speculate on why but i do know I feel better mentally and physically. There is also no way I would look like I do now (off) if I had never gone on.

Look at the bright side, The spam on this site is getting worse and worse, so it's only a matter of time before Promuscle comes into 2011 and gets a captcha or something. At least I would hope so...

The only thing I would have stayed away from is GHB. I did it back in the day for GH release during sleep but it had some pretty fucked up and permanent side effects. The aas and gh would still do in reasonable amounts as I have never seen a reason not to do them.

what permanent side effects did it cause? i used it a lot myself and i don't notice anything permanent.

Aside from a couple oral-only cycles in College, I started using AAS at 33 y/o. Ive enjoyed it, but it's usually HRT only. So, yes, I'd do it again.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is the legality of it. I don't need any problems with the law over what is basically a lifestyle choice.

I would have done it differently.

I would have started sooner (I started at 30), and I would have stuck with Test and GH only.

I think yes!?

There are some things, like quit drinking & excessive parting at a much earlier age, researched more (although when I did my 1st cycle all that was out there was The Underground Steriod Handbook) eat better etc..
Then I consider the "Butterfly Effect" that even the smallest change along the way can have much larger effect than ever thought. If I had changed my drinking/parting would I have met the woman that I'm with today?? Would we have the amazing relationship we have today? She was by my side through a rough battle wth my addictions. Back then I would have changed everything not to be suffering like I was. Today, I'm more satisfied with my life than I ever thought possible. I believe I had to go through what I did to get to where I am now. I probably made more of a simple question than needed. My answer is yes! Everthing the same! Ask me again tomorrow maybe it will be different

after reading responses and the amazing amount of SPAM (who is to blame for that? amazing this site is so infested) anyway, i would NOT touch a steroid if i could do it all over again.
i would just like to live and die as a normal man as god intended me to be.
and.......
my other side says, HRT is the shit and thank god for it! (but i can only say that cuz i know what its like with it and with out it, my father who has never used AAS has no interest and no need cuz he is obliious to the benefits it has, and the negatives.... he is better off to not know. ignorance is bliss)

basically this thread asks me the question: "if you could do it all over again would you rather live longer and be thin or live shorter and be big?"
that is alsmost litterally what you are asking.
i would be lean.
get same amount of pussy and live longer and watch my kids grow. the way it is now, i wonder how many years did i shave off my life for these fucking stupid big biceps that my daughters dont give a damn about...
its called the darkside for a reason.
makes all of us compromise our belifes or integrity or health....
-JS

Good post as usual JS.

Having never done AAS when I was younger, testosterone was an unexpected gift
in my later years so I can only speak from an HRT prospective . . . if I were to do it
over again, I would work harder at getting the most benefit from the least amount
and strive for ALL blood work would be in the “normal” range (be that high or low
normal), nothing out of range.

All you need is a slight boost to get you above where you were, and you will feel, see,
and experience the true benefit without the risks associated with long term, higher
dosage and side effects that will manifest themselves given enough time. And if you
live long enough, you will unless you are some sort of genetic freak. And they are few
and far between; about as rare as saber tooth tigers in New York City.

And this is where the rub come in. Try and diagnose a serious health issue when you
have this huge variable (AAS using or usage) dangling over your head like a Damascus
sword, brought about by a wide and many times truly unknown substances (if you
get them “illegally”. Under dosed, over dosed, mixed with God knows what. And
even if the source is legit, verifiable, good luck is all I can say. Long term usage, out
of range numbers are Russian Roulette in my book with another chamber or two
loaded.

It’s like running if I may use that as an example. You keep increasing the mileage
because you like the feeling, the accomplishment, the health benefit, and as long
as you are not coming up injured, that cycle continues. But eventually, sooner or later,
it usually catches up with you. At least with a running injury, the fix is usually easily to
diagnose and implement, and usually involves reducing the mileage (among other
things) to use a simple, often recommended example. I don’t think it’s that easy in
all cases with long term, perhaps even short term, high dosage AAS. Some damage
may not become apparent until years down the road when you have fewer and
fewer options available towards a favorable outcome.

Your health comes first.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to quantify these answers based on the respondent's age. My guess is the older you are, the more you realize heavy juicing and getting huge is really pretty trivial in the big, long-term picture. Also, you realize staying huge and ripped is not maintainable indefinitely and there will come a point later in life that you will be left with some serious choices. When that day comes, you better like who you are on the inside and not measure your self-worth by your bicep measurement, how much you bench, or your BF %.

My answer; I am not one for regrets… wasted effort in my book. But sometimes it does get old maintaining "normal" and dealing with joint issues because of the choices I made in the past with my body.

I am thankful to have found this forum, there is a lot of wisdom here from guys that have walked the walk.

I was going to make my own thread, but I figure i'll just say it here. I want to thank Johnny, Maldorf, Phil, Concreteguy, and every one else who has made posts lately regarding long term health and whether or not this is all worth it. Many said they were afraid their advice/warnings would fall on deaf ears, but I have really been thinking about what has been said.

I took this week off from training and I am really thinking about where I want to go with all of this. Because of the information I have gained here, I am pretty confident that I will just be staying on 100-300mg test per week with GH from here on out. My size really isn't as important to me as I once thought it was, and my perception of a lot of things has been changing lately.
I might be making a shift here soon, just being more fit and smaller. I am not a longevity nut, but I sure want the time I have left on this earth to be high quality and without health issues.

So, thanks again everyone for the thought provoking discussions.

Would I have started so young? Nah. Only based on lack of knowledge and maturity at the time.

After seeing some of the older generations of my family suffering and weakening, hardly being able to walk and then eventually passing away.. I am more motivated to do HRT for quality of life as well as having a healthy lifestyle and eating well. Not just expecting the steroids to make me healthy somehow. Especially at 'bodybuilding doses' lol.

The question is would I want to live to be 90 something if I cant walk, hear anything, recognize anyone, know where I am, or see etc? I believe over time of course medicine will continue to improve and length of life will extend a bit more.

I dont want to be an old man bodybuilder. I just want to be able to take care of myself as long as I can. If that would shorten my life a bit, from what Ive seen its a decent trade-off. To each his own though.

If i knew then what I know now...yes i would still do it. WOuld i have done things a little differently? Yes....for one, i would not have wasted so much time, energy, money and gear all while drinking. Such a waste it was. It wasn't i til kicked booze that I seen the true effects of what I was on and what I could attain without it. Aside from that, the only other thing differently I would have done was not get involved with some of the people that you come across in the "industry". It changed my life, and not for the better.

would or would'nt?

Well i'll be 51 this year,I figure i could die of anything,But over the years Anabolics have made me look and feel better about myself,I was naturally 121lbs when i started and that was when i joined the USN. then after a tour in the USMC...I did my 1st real cycle at the weight of 142.lbs. My goal at the time was to break 150 lbs..Which is sad i know,but as some people have a hard time losing weight,i was and am one of the ones that could'nt gain any weight...I will do it until i die....Semper Fi....!!!

Knowing what I know now...I would have started earlier than I did.

Theres more things in my life I would have changed though..women, spending too much dough partying, and mistakes I made in the choice of friendship.

The only thing I would have stayed away from is GHB. I did it back in the day for GH release during sleep but it had some pretty fucked up and permanent side effects. The aas and gh would still do in reasonable amounts as I have never seen a reason not to do them.

What kind of side effects do you have?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner