advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WTF is up with all the anti-newbie sentiment on this board as of late?

Hossienda77

Registered
Just wanted to thank you guys for all of the great advice.

Seriously, if it wasn't for this board I'd be up shit creek without a paddle. I've lurked here forever and appreciate the wealth of information that you all offer.

Last edited:
dang, an 06 with 19 posts! holy lurker batman!

U are blessed with literacy; u can write, therefore, u can read. So, be sure to read the forum rules.

Alot of times, a noob will get on here and start asking 20 questions about illegal contrabands.

So, if you would read the rules first, you wouldnt make remarks or ask questions that would get you the 3rd degree.

Many of the newbie questions that have been asked lately have been discussed before. Many at length and in great detail. We have a search function on this board. I use it often even though I've been here since this board started. Use the search function first and if you still can't find the answer then ask.

As for source questions, don't bother asking because they will get deleted. No matter how good a source is or how long they've been around, it's still a crap shoot. Sometimes you hit a lucky seven and sometimes you shoot craps. If you aren't willing to take that risk don't play the game.

PB

The search function exists and functions here for a reason. This board has an absolute ton of info. The questions that have been cropping up lately are nothing more than ignorance and laziness on the part of the OP's. A little patience, reading and all your questions will be right in front of you. With answers and usually quadruplicated!!! So many of us are choosing to use our common sense and spare us the agony of rehashing an old topic!!

Not anti newb anything. Just sick of the same old shit every day!!! Same inexperienced questions every day. All could be avoided by not being so lazy!! Just search and read, all very simple!! I guess while we are at it, too many inexperienced young lifters just getting started and wanting to bash 3 grams of gear into them instead of putting in some honest hard work at the gym is the other reason.

Yep 2 years worth of lurking, 6 posts and what have you done for Pro muscle lately besides come up in here and start complaining??? Earn the right to complain and then complain about something real and worthwhile!!!

Many of the newbie questions that have been asked lately have been discussed before. Many at length and in great detail. We have a search function on this board. I use it often even though I've been here since this board started. Use the search function first and if you still can't find the answer then ask.

As for source questions, don't bother asking because they will get deleted. No matter how good a source is or how long they've been around, it's still a crap shoot. Sometimes you hit a lucky seven and sometimes you shoot craps. If you aren't willing to take that risk don't play the game.

PB

This shuold be a Sticky!

Look, none of this would even be happening if Tony Romo knew how to throw a goddamn football.

Last edited:
This shuold be a Sticky!

I recently started posting the promuscle Link showing all the threads to the new post same question after putting in search engine myself.

I figure I already did half the job for them.

or my next favorite thing to do post a study they should read without me summarizing it for them.

Last edited:
I recently started posting the promuscle Link showing all the threads to the new post same question after putting in search engine myself.

I figure I already did half the job for them.

thats actually a great idea. it really drives home the point of how easy it is to research ANYTHING on this website. lol maybe we need a "how to use the search feature" sticky....lol

There are a lot of people with a great deal to offer who continue to lurk because they can't be bothered with post count status games.

"Newbie" does not equate inexperienced, simply someone who does not habitually post on boards. Of late there has been a noticeable lack of fresh perspective, diversity in opinion and new information on PM simply because it is often so unfriendly to outsiders.

A high post count is much an indicator of an unfavorable influence on the boards signal to noise ratio as of "contribution". If your volume of "me to" posting drowns out useful dialog then you would be better off lurking.

Bodybuilding is very much an intellectual property game. You want people to openly post hard-won knowledge then judge them by the content of their posts not their quantity.

New posters are more often then not greeted with open hostility regardless of the content of their posts. That's the way you want to run the board so be it, but it greatly limits the information that will be shared with you.

There are a lot of people with a great deal to offer who continue to lurk because they can't be bothered with post count status games.

"Newbie" does not equate inexperienced, simply someone who does not habitually post on boards. Of late there has been a noticeable lack of fresh perspective, diversity in opinion and new information on PM simply because it is often so unfriendly to outsiders.

A high post count is much an indicator of an unfavorable influence on the boards signal to noise ratio as of "contribution". If your volume of "me to" posting drowns out useful dialog then you would be better off lurking.

Bodybuilding is very much an intellectual property game. You want people to openly post hard-won knowledge then judge them by the content of their posts not their quantity.

New posters are more often then not greeted with open hostility regardless of the content of their posts. That's the way you want to run the board so be it, but it greatly limits the information that will be shared with you.

A new perspective is always welcome. Hostility in some cases is just born out of frustration. I have been here for years, look at my post count. It is very rare to see me post anything that isn't useful or helpful. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone using the search function and lurking. I would always suggest that someone whom has been doing just that, begin a post with that information. "Hi, long time lurker, first time poster" or something to that effect. I have a sneaking suspicion that a statement like that would eliminate most if not all of the negative responses.

PB

i agree about post count and post quality being two different things, i have only actualy been posting on regular basis just of late but have been a member since 2006 fair enough i wish i had a thousand posts but would feel a bit of a fraud posting just to get numbers up. what occured to me was that here i am with 20+years training experience being called a newbie by some kid whos been training 6months and has loads of posts !!

also, reading some of this has made me realise "I" could be helping out in some way instead of useing this place to help myself all the time(well most of the time) def food for thought, have done hell of a lot of lurking myself as when i joined i knew nothing about internet boards and such,from now on will try and contribute whenever possible, rich.

also, reading some of this has made me realise "I" could be helping out in some way instead of useing this place to help myself all the time(well most of the time) def food for thought, have done hell of a lot of lurking myself as when i joined i knew nothing about internet boards and such,from now on will try and contribute whenever possible, rich.
Now you are on the right track. It is abut making a worthwhile contribution to this great board, not just constantly gleenng information from it and never giving back. That is the whole point some of us wish to make. It is about give and take. We tend to get our attitude up when someone has been on this board for years, has only a few posts (literally) and then pipes up to complain about this or that. When they have done absolutely nothing to be a contributing member to ths community. Being a newb is not limited to experience. Hell we need more guys like you with the years behind them to be more active here, throw your hat in the ring and make a difference to someone.

Seriously, if it wasn't for this board I'd be up shit creek without a paddle. I've lurked here forever and appreciate the wealth of information that you all offer.
don't get me wrong i love this board and its sponsors their are no better any where. I have found sometimes your better off just being the lurker it just keeps you out of the bulls--t. We have to remember were in a sport were their is no shortage of ego.

Last edited:
There should be a disclaimer when signing up as a new member. It should explain the " Search " function and to research question before making a post! This way there might be less garbage or redundancy in each of the new threads..................

Last edited:

I completely agree with most of your post. There are some people that are or have been here that used to say shit and then tell you if you don't have 1000posts you don't have the right to have an opinion and I hated that. I don't get caught up in a lot of o/t stuff so my post count isn't high at all and if I am not 100% sure about something I don't give my opinion. I don't want anyone doing something based on info that may or may not be right.

What I can't stand is the ....can I drink winny, what do I do if my order hasn't come yet, what do i do if my order is seized, How does this business ship? Is this company good, should i do 1000mgs of tren a week with 2000mgs of test....just kidding. Those are what I would call bad newbie questions. The first place I go when I log on is to the beginner forum and check to see if there is any question asked that I feel comfortable answering, because I am by no means an expert.

i personally would post more, but i dont frequent the board as often and vigorously as others here do, and because of that when there is a piece of advice i feel worth sharing, more often than not someone has already said something similiar to it so i choose not to post instead.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131