over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WTF? K-9 Unit Detected AAS

I really doubt a dog hit on that. If he did, they would not need consent to search. The pc is based of the dog locating something and at that time they can have access so sounds like they bs their way into it.

I often wonder if the dog would smell all the oil. They do have a strong smell but at the same time they would smell all kinds of things in the car but are only trained to notify of specific drugs so I highly doubt this story. They just tricked the guy.

You must be an awful driver. :p:D

Nah, I have a 71 Charger and there's always a busted taillight or brake light or something. I've never gotten a speeding ticket. Funny thing is, the few times I was referencing earlier, they were asking me to open my glove compartment or if they could search. It was pretty scary cuz you don't know what the next 5 minutes will bring but if you stay cool it usually works in your favor. A couple of times, I was lucky enough for the cops to be MOPAR enthusiasts and they just let me go with a warning.

this guy was def tipped off. they followed him until he committed a traffic violation, pulled him over, threw the dog in his faced until he got scared and confessed. if i had to bet on it, he prob just did a controlled buy moments earlier. i can assure you a "LOCAL" police dog cannot detect anabolics.

i drove thru texas / mexico border years ago with shit in the trunk. the border agents took the dog completely around the entire car and 15 seconds later gave me the thumbs up. so if a border dog cant smell it, a local dog surealy cant.

When training a dog to detect something ...it takes a lot of time an money to train each item, and the dog is always limited. The more he/ she can detect the less sensitive they become... Coke, meth, heroine,pot is about all d-dogs are trained for. They even use differnt dogs to find living or dead people. Bombs ect.

When training a dog to detect something ...it takes a lot of time an money to train each item, and the dog is always limited. The more he/ she can detect the less sensitive they become... Coke, meth, heroine,pot is about all d-dogs are trained for. They even use differnt dogs to find living or dead people. Bombs ect.

I can confirm this. I was shooting at One Police Plaza once and they had a bomb-sniffing dog sniff our trucks and equipment. I was speaking to the handler and she, basically, said this. There are no dogs with "double-majors".

K9 Steroid Sniffer

I have a bit of experience in this field as I am a former K9 handler and trainer for the US Military.

1) A working K9 can indeed smell nearly ANYTHING he has been trained to smell. They have found cadavers at the bottom of a lake by sniffing the surface from a row boat. They are being used to detect hormone secretions in sweat that precede a seizure, and a few have even been trained to sniff out internal tumors in humans. For a K9 to pick up the scent of the grapeseed or cottonseed oil is not a stretch at all. In fact a K9 could be trained to pick from two specimens of oil, one pure and the other loaded with Test or other hormones. HOWEVER.....

2) A K9 must be trained to IDENTIFY smell in order to HIT. All dogs have a good olfactory sense. But it's not like you hid a salami, the dog sniffs it out, and then you simply tell the dog...."now find cocaine". The way K9 dogs are trained is an arduous process and usually highly specialized. Drug detection dogs are trained differently than explosives detection, and yet still differently from those used in search and rescue. An explosives dog does a passive find (sits or lies down upon a hit), whereas a drug dog does an active find (scratches, growls, claws at the hit). When these dogs are very young they are given a toy. It is their favorite plaything. That becomes their one and only reward, along with praise from their handler. They are then given an object impregnated with a smell. For instance, a canvas sack that smells like weed or coke. The object is hidden. The dog is marched through a search pattern. When he hits.....he is rewarded. Eventually instinct takes over and the dog so so so wants that toy and praise, that he seeks the smell very aggressively. Drug dogs are routinely trained (given sample smells and taught to seek them out on active find missions) for all the usual drugs, coke, heroin, meth, weed, etc. It is possible that Customs and Border Protection have now started training dogs to search on roids...but I doubt it.

3) What is likely to have happened, is that the officers keyed in on something else (appearance, actions, speech, etc.) and used the K9 search as an excuse. A good lawyer for the guy would ask for a record of the K9's training regimen, and if the dog was never TAUGHT to recognize roids as an item to hit on- then the officers are BS'ing and the search is illegal as there was no probable cause.

I am not LE, and no longer involved in K9 work. I do know this.....to anyone out there who is ever in a situation involving a working K9.... 1) Never run. 2) Unless you know they are wrong and there is nothing there to find....never give permission for a search. Keep your mouth shut, and let the situation unfold as it will, and then lawyer the F up.

The dog dident hit on the drugs. They simply used that as an excuse to search

cop:"sir can we search you car?"
Suspect: "nope"
Cop:"dispatch roll k-9"
5 min later dog standing around looking for his toy freaking out
Cop: "sir our K-9 has "hit" on your trunk that's probable cause for search, please step back here , I'm cuffing you for your protection , have a seT and we'll be right with you"
Suspect: "oh god officer I'm so sorry I got juice in their , posse don't call my dad he's gonna kill me"

Alot of drug interdictment cops go through a school for a process called T-capping.
You are trained to look for hinge out of the norm. We use it alot around here in the I-10 / I-12 corridor
So if they lie and just say the dog hit in something does that give them cause to search. Can u say I'm still not giving you permissions to check the vehicle . Can you say I don't believe your dog hit on somthing because there is nothing for him to hit on in the vehicle. They going to say the fog hit on something regardless and use that to justify search ?

ummmm, unless you yourself are trained on how an actual K9 "hits" you honestly don't know what to look for...ohhh the dog stuck his tongue out, that's our hit - we now have probable cause to search your car. It has also been said before that k9 handlers can induce a hit. But guess what, if the dog hit on say...weed that was previously in his trunk and they searched and found AAS; (the article never said the dog sniffed out AAS) he will still be found guilty!!!!!

And probable cause or not... if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

So if they lie and just say the dog hit in something does that give them cause to search.Yes this does happen typicaly if the cop senses somthing is up they will manipulate the situation to justify searching Can u say I'm still not giving you permissions to check the vehicle . Can you say I don't believe your dog hit on somthing because there is nothing for him to hit on in the vehicle.You can say that all you want but your word against the cops 99% of the time your not going to win They going to say the fog hit on something regardless and use that to justify search ?Somtimes the will say that the dog has shown indication and alot of the time the dog will simply becuase their has been somthing in their at some point for him to detect so its not exactly a lie , if you smoke weed in your car they smell will linger for a very long time despite what you try to do to clean it , the oils and oder get trappen in the thin foam in the head liner floor boards what ever

Their are tons of indications that a cop will use to pick you out of a bunch of cars and most of them boil down to you just looking suspect , following to close , driving to slow when was the last time you were on the interstate and drove the fucking speed limit. I never went to T-capping school but i have several hundred DUI's under my belt and the majority of them were tipped off by simple shit !! driving to strait , thats right !! some drunks will line up the fender and trace the centerline or shoulder of the road , Not signaling when changing lanes , not comming to a complete stop when you make a right hand turn at a red light , no tag light , not having your headlights on in light rain or fog , avoiding looking at a cop when you pass him (we know you see us:D) and about 500 other things that we all do everyday and dont think about it!!

I have a bit of experience in this field as I am a former K9 handler and trainer for the US Military.

1) A working K9 can indeed smell nearly ANYTHING he has been trained to smell. They have found cadavers at the bottom of a lake by sniffing the surface from a row boat. They are being used to detect hormone secretions in sweat that precede a seizure, and a few have even been trained to sniff out internal tumors in humans. For a K9 to pick up the scent of the grapeseed or cottonseed oil is not a stretch at all. In fact a K9 could be trained to pick from two specimens of oil, one pure and the other loaded with Test or other hormones. HOWEVER.....

2) A K9 must be trained to IDENTIFY smell in order to HIT. All dogs have a good olfactory sense. But it's not like you hid a salami, the dog sniffs it out, and then you simply tell the dog...."now find cocaine". The way K9 dogs are trained is an arduous process and usually highly specialized. Drug detection dogs are trained differently than explosives detection, and yet still differently from those used in search and rescue. An explosives dog does a passive find (sits or lies down upon a hit), whereas a drug dog does an active find (scratches, growls, claws at the hit). When these dogs are very young they are given a toy. It is their favorite plaything. That becomes their one and only reward, along with praise from their handler. They are then given an object impregnated with a smell. For instance, a canvas sack that smells like weed or coke. The object is hidden. The dog is marched through a search pattern. When he hits.....he is rewarded. Eventually instinct takes over and the dog so so so wants that toy and praise, that he seeks the smell very aggressively. Drug dogs are routinely trained (given sample smells and taught to seek them out on active find missions) for all the usual drugs, coke, heroin, meth, weed, etc. It is possible that Customs and Border Protection have now started training dogs to search on roids...but I doubt it.

3) What is likely to have happened, is that the officers keyed in on something else (appearance, actions, speech, etc.) and used the K9 search as an excuse. A good lawyer for the guy would ask for a record of the K9's training regimen, and if the dog was never TAUGHT to recognize roids as an item to hit on- then the officers are BS'ing and the search is illegal as there was no probable cause.

I am not LE, and no longer involved in K9 work. I do know this.....to anyone out there who is ever in a situation involving a working K9.... 1) Never run. 2) Unless you know they are wrong and there is nothing there to find....never give permission for a search. Keep your mouth shut, and let the situation unfold as it will, and then lawyer the F up.

I've had the pleasure of working with a lot of dogs,( I would give details but don't want to incriminate myself, the dog world is small) and yes you could train one to pick out oils, but you will have a lot of failed hits...training on somthing too common you will have a fustrated dog..you won't build the anxiety to find... Like training a dog to find coke by looking for a plastic bag.... And if you told me that a dog in KY is trained in detecting steroids I'll call BS. Because if you knew how cheap most LE Dogs are trained

13 years in dog training, never seen this...dogs don't trigger on hormones, or they would signal on every male, I would strongly suggest they used dog to intemidate.

Is it typical for a k9 unit to be pulling over cars for speeding and then take the dog up to the car? Ive never heard of or seen that before. Seems very odd to me.

Is it typical for a k9 unit to be pulling over cars for speeding and then take the dog up to the car? Ive never heard of or seen that before. Seems very odd to me.

Every state is different , but k9 normally accompanies a stop or is called, if they have a small department... They may have k9 do traffic. But then they are to small to afford a highly trained dog. And I would like to know if the dog is used it for apprehension, as boomshaker pointed out no double majors

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members