over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yesterday's Doc Appointment

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Had my yearly physical yesterday.

Everything checked out, BP was a little high at 139/75 but they used that tiny little cuff that barely makes it around.

I weighed in at 241 and have visible abs. Not ripped but not fat.

At the end the doc tells me I should lose some weight. I tell him I'm planning on dropping 5 or 10 pounds. His reply is I should lose about 40!
I look at him and ask, "Do you really think I have 40 pounds of fat to lose?"
He says no but since I'm over 50 there's no reason to weigh this much and should lose 40. I reply, so if I weighed 200 but was at 25% bf you'd feel better? He says no, not with that high of fat. I just laughed. He went on to say, fat or muscle, I'm carrying too much weight...

Well he's right... He never said that you're technically unhealthy even though that's implied.. Having a high body weight despite low BF% is still a health concern...

yeah when I wnt to the doc 2 weeks ago the "chart" says I was over weight.. and im 218 right now, with roughly 9% bf. my nurse says I can tell your not over weight.. lol

How tall are you? 240lbs means very little without that info. I wouldn't want to be that big at over 50 years old from a health standpoint. However, the only way to really know is by getting heart tests, which the doctor likely won't let insurance pay for unless you have a faulty EKG.

Last edited:
Well coming from a general health stand point he's right, research shows that the people who live the longest are ussually eat less then most and don't weigh much..if I remember correctly

It's the bitter truth man he's RIGHT. Infact I'm pretty sure Muscle puts more strain on the heart then fat does.

At 50 yrs old I was weighing in around the 225ish @ 5'5 with around 16% bf. My Dr. kept suggesting that I lose weight. Well I did after my heart attack. I now weigh around 200. Feel better, eat better and most of all I'm clean. Well thought I was doing great then I had my stroke at 52. Still weighing in at 200 but now higher reps, less weight, a little more cardio. Most of all I had to really look at my diet. At our age when can't second guess life. :)

How tall are you? 240lbs means very little without that info. I wouldn't want to be that big at over 50 years old from a health standpoint. However, the only way to really know is by getting heart tests, which the doctor likely won't let insurance pay for unless you have a faulty EKG.

5-09. I had an EKG while I was there which came back normal.

Another thing to consider is some people can handle excessive mass better than others. I know I can't without having to worry about heart issues, so I can only play the size game in moderation. The older you get, the worse it is to carry a lot of mass. I'd want to drop a lot of size before 45 personally.

no matter what big people do not seem to live very long...

every see and 80 year old above 6'5"? lol

shit i can think of too many that even clear 6 feet.

add higher body weight...

it may not seem like much but even a 20lb difference is a really big deal.

you can do what you want, but i think you should know beyond a question of a doubt smaller is healthier...

Another thing to consider is some people can handle excessive mass better than others. I know I can't without having to worry about heart issues, so I can only play the size game in moderation. The older you get, the worse it is to carry a lot of mass. I'd want to drop a lot of size before 45 personally.

A lot of it definitely is genetics...I come from a family of VERY thin people (ancestors are all Irish Potato Farmers lol), and at 6' I feel uncomfortable at 220-230, just walking around, taking staircases, etc. I always thought at 6' I would be able to get at least to 240-250 before being able to really feel the weight affecting how I get around and how I feel on a daily basis, but even with consistent cardio and a healthy diet I'm sluggish, often tired, and winded easily at 230. I seem to require a lot more sleep as well. I think before I started lifting my body was around 160lbs, and that was with eating a decent amount of food.

At 195-210 I feel great, I dropped down to that weight range and will likely stay there for most of the rest of my life...it just isn't worth it in my book, especially without genetics to really go far in this game. I also am predisposed (mother's and father's side) to heart disease, so I have start thinking about longevity early on.

I really did love being 230 though lol.

A lot of it definitely is genetics...I come from a family of VERY thin people (ancestors are all Irish Potato Farmers lol), and at 6' I feel uncomfortable at 220-230, just walking around, taking staircases, etc. I always thought at 6' I would be able to get at least to 240-250 before being able to really feel the weight affecting how I get around and how I feel on a daily basis, but even with consistent cardio and a healthy diet I'm sluggish, often tired, and winded easily at 230. I seem to require a lot more sleep as well. I think before I started lifting my body was around 160lbs, and that was with eating a decent amount of food.

At 195-210 I feel great, I dropped down to that weight range and will likely stay there for most of the rest of my life...it just isn't worth it in my book, especially without genetics to really go far in this game. I also am predisposed (mother's and father's side) to heart disease, so I have start thinking about longevity early on.

I'm pretty much the same way except I'm a couple inches shorter than you. I got up to 230 once and man I felt terrible. My frame just isn't meant for that kind of mass. I look and feel better at 215, and everyone else still thinks I'm massive

lol!

its true though!

im 6"2 and going from 200-210 range to 230-230-240 range feels quite a bit different.

I cant even remember what it felt like at 280-300! lol
omg
:eek:

im never going there again though!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads