15mjw9d.jpg

Attachments

• FZ.jpg
    FZ.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,925
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 810
Looks like he just slammed a twelve pack of beer.No way I'd be up there gut hanging over like that.Zane looks awesome.

Those who think that you need much more than moderate amounts of basic compounds to look great are fooling themselves.

That said, being 280 ripped is a totally different game.

Zane competed at 190 pounds.

Those who think that you need much more than moderate amounts of basic compounds to look great are fooling themselves.

That said, being 280 ripped is a totally different game.

Zane competed at 190 pounds.

So true, but...
190lb zane (or any other guy back in that era) a guy who competes nowadays at 280 (do not know many though...) ''outmuscles'' by 30%, but how much of that ir real muscle? 190 pounds vs 280 pounds is 90 pounds ''muscle'' - that's a lot of fukcing meat, but how much of that is real muscle? zane, arnold, franco, platz, christian etc wasn't 30 percent smaller in their arms,chest,back etc than most pros today I can make you sure, the biggest part of difference is in gut (bigger internal organs and more visceral fat) and water/fat (guys do not come in so sharp these days, most of the guys carry a lot of water and fat onstage)

I don't consider Zane a bb . To me he is a physique competitor. I admire a lot of world nabba competitors , the ones who are 75-85kg and look 10-30lb bigger , with dense detailed muscle, that gives an illusion. From the golden era Colombo , mentzer, mendenhall, off the top of my head thick dense muscle granted not as conditioned (mendenhall was tho) still amazes me. I can read articles , interviews for hours , trying to grasp something so small that I can incorporate into my routine for my personal goals.

I don't consider Zane a bb . To me he is a physique competitor. I admire a lot of world nabba competitors , the ones who are 75-85kg and look 10-30lb bigger , with dense detailed muscle, that gives an illusion. From the golden era Colombo , mentzer, mendenhall, off the top of my head thick dense muscle granted not as conditioned (mendenhall was tho) still amazes me. I can read articles , interviews for hours , trying to grasp something so small that I can incorporate into my routine for my personal goals.

Please put the picture of Zane in the context of time. There was no Physique division they were all bodybuilders. Even now we all have our own concept of what a bodybuilder can and should look like.

Zane was an amazing bodybuilder. One of the best and arguably the most aesthetic of all times.

Physique competitors of today are bodybuilders too...

Please put the picture of Zane in the context of time. There was no Physique division they were all bodybuilders. Even now we all have our own concept of what a bodybuilder can and should look like.

I'm an 86 baby so my first encounters w/ bodybuilding were guys like Yates and Ronnie. So by the time I did my research to see how the sport evolved that was my opinion. But if Zanes era was my first impression of what the sport was I would say otherwise.

I'm an 86 baby so my first encounters w/ bodybuilding were guys like Yates and Ronnie. So by the time I did my research to see how the sport evolved that was my opinion. But if Zanes era was my first impression of what the sport was I would say otherwise.

I hear ya sma but it's kinda like rock & roll it changes and still stays the same.

You labeled your first post proof #1, where's the rest?

I will compare spectating bodybuilding to pro wrestling. I'm not going to pay to see 190lbs guys jumping off the ropes and try to kill each other, I want to see 250lbs+ guys do that shit.

My first impression was Frank Zane. It was more pleasing look then most of these pros now a days. BB was on TV back then and for good reason. It was more accepting to most people, that look. Now a days, everyone just laughs and says drugs. I also notice he is alive and doing well with his business. he is 71 and healthy, lived a good life. I doubt we will say that about most of these pros now a days. Here he is at 64.

Attachments

• th (1).jpg
    th (1).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,467
Allex completely hit the nail on the head, having a good muscular physique that would be better than 99% of the general population does not require large amounts of aas / gh / slin etc... Trying to carry 240 and upwards of pure muscle is a different ball game and as they get bigger every single lb of size requires a lot extra in terms of food and drugs. Those extra 20-30lbs of muscle literally will destroy a persons health in terms of what they have to do. I can gurantee that if zane wanted to compete at 245lbs his entire approach would have been different, but yes he had an excellent physique and def is appealing as it looks obtainable....but the guys of today they do not want to look obtainable, they want that WTF look and the only way to get a body to look absurdly un-natural is to be absurdly un-natural.

Who Is that guy with the massive gut, and how the fuck was he allowed on stage?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You labeled your first post proof #1, where's the rest?

I will compare spectating bodybuilding to pro wrestling. I'm not going to pay to see 190lbs guys jumping off the ropes and try to kill each other, I want to see 250lbs+ guys do that shit.

I agree with this, but I also agree with the original post. To look great, you don't need high doses. It just depends how great one wants to look.

Last edited:
Who Is that guy with the massive gut, and how the fuck was he allowed on stage?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Marcus Haley

He was "allowed" to compete because he won the superheavyweight title @ the NA in 2005. He also won the super heavyweight title @ 2005 USA, but lost his card to Heath and Fawkri. Here is a pic when his abs are not blown out.

Marcus-Haley.jpg

Marcus Haley

He was "allowed" to compete because he won the superheavyweight title @ the NA in 2005. He also won the super heavyweight title @ 2005 USA, but lost his card to Heath and Fawkri. Here is a pic when his abs are not blown out.

Marcus-Haley.jpg

Jeesh he looks like shit. I would hate to have a wide waist and distended gut like his.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws