over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

your cardio timing?

tripleOT

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer / Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Sponsors
So how about it? When do you fit in your cardio? Do you hit the treadmill/elipptical/stair master before weight training to warm up and get ready for big lifts? Maybe you do cardio post training to really finish off your session with exhaustion? Maybe neither, as you have set days for cardio only without weight training?

Me? I enjoy doing some LISS before hitting the weights to warm up and get loose. Kinda gets me in the mood as far as getting my mind sorted out and ready to lift. So let's hear it, what do you find works best for you as far as timing of cardio?

i despise cardio , i generally add a set to each exercise on my workout when i start a prep. We do sprints and stuff qith training thatss about the only direct cardio i do and a 1.5 mile run once a month.

during a prep when i have to do cardio i have found that doing 30 min fasted is the easiest for me , i just get out of bed and get on the treadmill. If i had to change to go run or go to the gym to do cardio id just do it after training in the evenings.

I walk my German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix for an hour in the morning, get about 4 miles in that time. It's around 5:20-6:20am then I go to the gym at 7:45
This time works best for me, my family and my business

I play basketball 1 time a weeks and now i am going to do a higher intense cardio
so i go buy heart rate and the calories output. the faster i burn 500cals the shorter the cardio time i need to do.

when you get in better shape you need more time on the cardio to get the heart rate up.- i hate cardio to. HiIT also kill my the first 2-3 weeks

I play basketball 1 time a week now easy burn calories and it is so fun.

i am going to do a higher intense cardio 4 times a week on a type of machine or prowler
so i go buy heart rate and the calories output. the faster i burn 500cals the shorter the cardio time i need to do.

when you get in better shape you need more time on the cardio to get the heart rate up.- i hate cardio to. HiIT also kill my the first 2-3 weeks

I don't do cardio. My workouts have my heart pumping like I was doing cardio. I stay lean. :)

I do very little, if any at all, I get pretty ripped with out it, but to get ultra lean when I do it... I walk to the gym, which is either a slow 10min walk, or 5 minute run from my house... If I want to add in cardio, I walk to the gym, workout and walk or run home... I'm done with the whole thing in an hour from when I leave the house, I do it first thing in the morning, very nice setup... I also do have a good amount of sex and when I do, I look at the clock, try to make it last at least 10 minutes... Although, when I get very aggressive and start going very fast, I'm completely out of breath at the end and always end up telling myself that I have to work on my cardio, because I feel as if I'm about to have a heart attack...

Last edited:
A few days a week on my off days. 30min of liss in the bike. I also track my steps. I hit 14K the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasted AM cardio at home on the spin bike works for me. Just roll out of bed, have some water and start pedaling.

Depends some preps I did fasted cardio... but this prep 20min HIIT on stairmaill after training around 6pm... if you can wake up and hit fasted go for it, I think it makes you feel better get the day started but it's a bitch! But cardio after training for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on show date but morning fasted and PM post workout if inside 16 weeks. Off season generally 20 min LISS post workout does the trick for me.

Lead Monster Labs Rep
Use code "Flex10" in notes for 10% off or add 2 free test prop to notes when orders are over $250.
Mymonsterlabs.com

Fasted AM cardio for me too. Half asleep...by the time it's over, I'm just waking up. Works for me.

don't need cardio.....

cardio based training is the key to happiness...

:)

I don't do cardio besides upping lifting intensity.
sometimes i'll train fasted, abs and leg day w- a stop in the sauna.
add hgh, coffee and l-carnitine w-or without ephedrine.

i'll do this prior to work every so often as well.

post workout makes no-sence...pulling the blood out of muscle you just trained.

No cardio anymore, but when I used to I tried it all and immediately post lifting worked best for me. Figured I burned most of the carbs lifting weights, then more fat would be used for post workout cardio. If I start it back, that's what I'll do or on different days, because I want to have all my resources to lift effectively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I changed my routine the past two years and now always do cardio before weight. Usually some thread mill or a spinning class if available.
Since doing this I am honestly in the best shape of my life. Doing intense cardio first thing in the a.m increases my energy level allowing me to really push myself through my weight session.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127