over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Zack Khan Injured - out till 07/2011

dalvare1

Kilo Klub Member
BREAKING NEWS: ZACK KHAN INJURED - Flex Online

Zack Khan underwent surgery to repair two detached tendons in both knees

June 10, 2010

FLEXONLINE.COM
Rookie IFBB Pro League athlete Zack Khan was forced to postpone his debut once already this year. Now, Khan may have to push that debut further back than the FLEX Pro in February 2011.

Khan underwent surgery today, two days after completely detaching the tendons above his left and right knees. Khan suffered the injury while hack squatting. He was back in the gym just 10 days after undergoing surgery for a minor hernia, which was the reason Khan pushed his pro debut from the Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on July 17 to the FLEX Pro on February 26, 2011.

"It was the first time Zack had trained legs in about eight weeks, actually," Khan's trainer/nutritionist Neil Hill said. "He had suffered a very small tear in his left hamstring about eight weeks ago. So all he had done the last couple weeks were some very light extensions."

We spoke with Khan before his surgery and received an e-mail from Hill informing us that the surgery was a success.

"I'm just looking forward to getting the operation out of the way, then I'll start thinking about walking again and everything," Khan said yesterday. "I'm positive, I've spoken to doctors who said I'd be up and walking within six to eight weeks.

"This is just another obstacle. I've had many in my life and gotten through them all, so this is nothing. I'll be back soon."

Sounds like the same bilateral quad tendon rupture that Fux suffered and this is very bad news for him all the way around. He won't be back soon.

Sounds like the same bilateral quad tendon rupture that Fux suffered and this is very bad news for him all the way around. He won't be back soon.

X2
he could be back soon but won't be the same. there will prolly be tell tale signs of the injury forever:(
dude is a beast tho, hope he recovers well and that i am wrong.
-JS

X2
he could be back soon but won't be the same. there will prolly be tell tale signs of the injury forever:(
dude is a beast tho, hope he recovers well and that i am wrong.
-JS

Yes, speaking from experience, when I ruptured mine, it forever changes the way the quad looks where it attaches above the knee.

i didnt completely rupture mine but i did have some partial tears and ended up having knee surgery almost 2 years ago now. you're right, the muscle and the attachment points are never quite the same. mine was on my right leg which is my dominant leg and even after training for 18 months at regular strength now I still havent totally repaired.

best of luck to the guy. this is more than just a minor setback. but its good to see a positive attitude

Love the attitude. I am going through some injuries in my back and seeing someone stay positive like this is motivating. Hope he comes out unscathed.

dont do hack squats

I was going to say that too. To me, hack squats really put a lot of stress on that tendon. Seems to me to put a lot of sheer stress on that area due to the angle of decent. I know practically speaking that hack squats would just about always make my petellar tendons sore if I did them too many weeks consecutively. Every once in awhile I could get away with it.

"It was the first time Zack had trained legs in about eight weeks, actually," Khan's trainer/nutritionist Neil Hill said. "He had suffered a very small tear in his left hamstring about eight weeks ago. So all he had done the last couple weeks were some very light extensions."

This to me is the most important part... barely training legs in 8 weeks and then going heavy as hell(likely) first time back in.

This to me is the most important part... barely training legs in 8 weeks and then going heavy as hell(likely) first time back in.

Spot on. I did something similar and ... BOOM! went the dynamite. ACL and meniscus work on tap after that.

I was really looking forward to seeing him stand next to the "names" on stage. Groan.

This could be career ending for him. His legs weren't his strong point. Sucks bc I wanted to see this guy compete.

I'm just shocked that it said he was getting ready for his pro debut.

Khan has been pro for a long time hasn't he. Big boy, I can't believe he hadn't done a pro show.

I was going to say that too. To me, hack squats really put a lot of stress on that tendon. Seems to me to put a lot of sheer stress on that area due to the angle of decent. I know practically speaking that hack squats would just about always make my petellar tendons sore if I did them too many weeks consecutively. Every once in awhile I could get away with it.

Interesting, for me hacks actually feel better than regular squats or front squats on my knees. Is there any history of them causing injuries or have you guys just had problems with them? Im always looking to make my workouts safter after missing quite a bit of time over the past 2 years with injuries. If hacks have a bad rep for causing injuries I might have to switch them out and find a new exercise.

Interesting, for me hacks actually feel better than regular squats or front squats on my knees. Is there any history of them causing injuries or have you guys just had problems with them? Im always looking to make my workouts safter after missing quite a bit of time over the past 2 years with injuries. If hacks have a bad rep for causing injuries I might have to switch them out and find a new exercise.

Hacks feel better for me - maybe because of my height (6'3"). After my surgery, the doctor told me NO MORE SQUATS. He said presses, hacks, etc were ok. Go figure. I should mention the doc looked like he was pinnin' quite regularly too, lol. After 14 months though, I did some squats, light at first, felt ok, and now will do them high rep only, 15 reps and up. I think it all comes down to the individual. For some, hacks would be better, for others, presses.

Hacks feel better for me - maybe because of my height (6'3"). After my surgery, the doctor told me NO MORE SQUATS. He said presses, hacks, etc were ok. Go figure. I should mention the doc looked like he was pinnin' quite regularly too, lol. After 14 months though, I did some squats, light at first, felt ok, and now will do them high rep only, 15 reps and up. I think it all comes down to the individual. For some, hacks would be better, for others, presses.

Might be an individual thing, I dont know. For me personally though I always paid with knee pain that would last for several weeks if I did hack squats for a week or more. Just looking at the movement mechanically you can see how it wants to add shear stress to the knee because of the angle of the femur where it articulates with the tibia. You can substantially decrease that though by placing your feet out farther so its more like a squat. Setting the platform at the right height helps too. I was able to minimize the pain I would get by doing those things, but it still never made sense for me to do them on a regular basis. The actual movement though always felt great to me while I was doing them. Great feel in the quads for sure. Thats just my personal experience with Hacks and I am of course no expert in biomechanics!

Might be an individual thing, I dont know. For me personally though I always paid with knee pain that would last for several weeks if I did hack squats for a week or more. Just looking at the movement mechanically you can see how it wants to add shear stress to the knee because of the angle of the femur where it articulates with the tibia. You can substantially decrease that though by placing your feet out farther so its more like a squat. Setting the platform at the right height helps too. I was able to minimize the pain I would get by doing those things, but it still never made sense for me to do them on a regular basis. The actual movement though always felt great to me while I was doing them. Great feel in the quads for sure. Thats just my personal experience with Hacks and I am of course no expert in biomechanics!

I agree totally. I just cant seem to do hacks without feeling like my knees are under too much stress. I stick to plain old squats, stiff-legged deads and the leg press.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws