over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elite FTS Lifting Belt Opinions?

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have been researching belts lately. Of course tons of people have Inzers and all seem to love them. I've read good things about Bob's Belts as well. I am leaning towards a lever so that rules out Cardillo.

I came across the Elite FTS belts and they look really nice, especially the level. My main concern would be that it's only 6.5mm thick. Most other belts are either 10mm or 13mm.

Having never used a belt before do you guys think this difference in thickness would be noticeable in either comfort, performance or both? Is there anyone who has used this particular belt?

Disclaimer: I've searched and read through previous threads about belts, none of which had very much useful info anyway...

Not sure about belts but i love their 3" grenade ball cable accesories. Pump u up!

I can't speak personally to eliteFTS' belts, as I haven't purchased one. However, every product I've purchased from them (and I've spent a pile of cash there!) has been of the highest quality.

My lever belt was purchased from Inzer and is a GREAT belt. I've had this one since 2007 and it is fantastic...just as good now as the day I opened the box.

I can't speak personally to eliteFTS' belts, as I haven't purchased one. However, every product I've purchased from them (and I've spent a pile of cash there!) has been of the highest quality.

My lever belt was purchased from Inzer and is a GREAT belt. I've had this one since 2007 and it is fantastic...just as good now as the day I opened the box.

I have no doubt it is a high quality constructed belt. I only worry that with half the thickness of many other belts it efficacy may be lower.

I know the Inzer is a great belt as well, I've read that their customer service isn't that awesome. Just weighing alternatives at this point.

Thanks!

I have the P2 which is 6.5 ( single prong not lever ) and honestly if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a 10mm belt. The 6.5 does a good job as far as heavier sets ( 5-10 rep range ) however I don't feel the support like I do with a 10mm belt when doing heavy triples or singels ( I am not strong at all compared to most on here I am just speaking for me and my level ). The belt is made very well no issues at all should last a very very long time.

On a side note I used there sizing chart and the belt I got from them ended up being to big I called their customer service and the lady was pretty rude about the whole thing like it was my fault I got the wrong size and she did nothing for me so I had to eat the shipping cost to send it back. I've heard good things about there customer service but that's not what I experienced and have not purchased anything from them since.

Last edited:
I have the P2 which is 6.5 ( single prong not lever ) and honestly if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a 10mm belt. The 6.5 does a good job as far as heavier sets ( 5-10 rep range ) however I don't feel the support like I do with a 10mm belt when doing heavy triples or singels ( I am not strong at all compared to most on here I am just speaking for me and my level ). The belt is made very well no issues at all should last a very very long time.

On a side note I used there sizing chart and the belt I got from them ended up being to big I called their customer service and the lady was pretty rude about the whole thing like it was my fault I got the wrong size and she did nothing for me so I had to eat the shipping cost to send it back. I've heard good things about there customer service but that's not what I experienced and have not purchased anything from them since.

Perfect feedback. That's what I'm looking for, thanks for posting.

Anyone else?

I like a thicker belt but prefer a taper in the front.

This is the one I use, I love it.. I actually had them design it / make it for me so I can have one to direct my clients to get:

**broken link removed**

I like a thicker belt but prefer a taper in the front.

This is the one I use, I love it.. I actually had them design it / make it for me so I can have one to direct my clients to get:

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the input Shelby.

Im gonna second inzers belts. Never had a problem with their customer service either

I've owned Elite and Inzer. I like both.

I currently use:
**broken link removed**

Extremely pleased. Lifetime warranty.

Can't go wrong with either, really, though (Inzer also has a "forever" warranty.

I've owned Elite and Inzer. I like both.

I currently use:

**broken link removed**

Extremely pleased. Lifetime warranty.

Can't go wrong with either, really, though (Inzer also has a "forever" warranty.

Thanks for the input. Have you, or has anyone else, owned both a lever belt and a buckle belt to compare?

The lever seems like it would be so much more convenient I was really leaning towards that. I am also buying the Elite FTS P2 dip belt and I would like the two belts to match. So either I get the thinner Elite FTS lever belt, sacrifice the lever and get the P2 buckle belt or get the Inzer lever which won't match. Uggh. Decisions decisions...

I've worn Shelby's belt from EliteFTS and it's great. Jamie recently bought me an Inzer Forever belt and it's awesome too. They are fairly similar, both very high quality belts. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thanks for the input. Have you, or has anyone else, owned both a lever belt and a buckle belt to compare?

The lever seems like it would be so much more convenient I was really leaning towards that. I am also buying the Elite FTS P2 dip belt and I would like the two belts to match. So either I get the thinner Elite FTS lever belt, sacrifice the lever and get the P2 buckle belt or get the Inzer lever which won't match. Uggh. Decisions decisions...

I would definitely suggest a lever belt or a single prong. Don't go double prong. Nothing worse than destroying a heavy set of deads and then struggling to remove your belt for 5 minutes

Flex2019 said:
I've worn Shelby's belt from EliteFTS and it's great. Jamie recently bought me an Inzer Forever belt and it's awesome too. They are fairly similar, both very high quality belts. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I'm sure you're right. For some reason I can't make up my mind whether I would rather have both belt match and just deal with the buckle, or get the lever belt even though it doesn't match. I guess because it's expensive and I probably won't buy another one for a very long time.

I would definitely suggest a lever belt or a single prong. Don't go double prong. Nothing worse than destroying a heavy set of deads and then struggling to remove your belt for 5 minutes

Yeah, I hear that. Is the single prong pretty easy to get undone? Enough so that the lever belt isn't worth it in your opinion?

Single prong is relatively easy unless you really have that bad boy cranked on there. I like the single prong personally because I like to have options on how tight i want the belt depending on what lift im doing. With the lever belt it's quite a bit more involved to make adjustments.

Single prong is relatively easy unless you really have that bad boy cranked on there. I like the single prong personally because I like to have options on how tight i want the belt depending on what lift im doing. With the lever belt it's quite a bit more involved to make adjustments.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. Thanks again for the input!

I think that a lever belt is much more than most people need if they aren't training for powerlifting or strongman (and are moving some crazy weight). I squat and deadlift 500+ lbs and I can't see needing anything more than a single-prong belt.

I think that a lever belt is much more than most people need if they aren't training for powerlifting or strongman (and are moving some crazy weight). I squat and deadlift 500+ lbs and I can't see needing anything more than a single-prong belt.

Is the lever closure for more stability and strength? I just assumed it was purely for convenience.

Point taken about the single prong though, thanks again for you input as well!

I've been using belts for 30 plus years and at this point unless I'm really going heavy, which I'm not strong enough to do, I like a cheapo belt with a Velcro strap. I'm not lifting weights like Shelby and Flex, and those heavy belts are uncomfortable and unnecessary for me. Last summer I lost my Elite Fitness Belt. I bought at $20 Velcro belt (free shipping) with great reviews from Amazon. I love it, and I can rep 405 on the squat with it just fine. I used to buy from Elite Fitness all the time, I once owned a gym, but their shipping costs left me feeling anal raped.

I use this badboy from APT.its a hell of a belt.i brought a piece of chain and two clips at homedepot and just clip it to the buckle to do weighted dips and pull ups

Attachments

• apt__1Exercise_Belt_Weight_Lifting_Belt_Workout_belt_powerlifting_o_ezr.jpg
    apt__1Exercise_Belt_Weight_Lifting_Belt_Workout_belt_powerlifting_o_ezr.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 939

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member