over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training laging body part ED?

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Has anyone tried it? I think Brenden Ray did this for this back and that worked very wel for him, Toney Freeman also did arms ed in the past and according to him - this brought them up a lot

For example - if biceps are lagging:
monday:chest workout ant 4 sets for biceps
tuesday:back and 4 sets biceps
wednesday: off
thrusday: legs, 4 sets biceps
friday: shoulders 4 sets biceps
saturday: biceps and triceps workout
sunday: off

a good trainer told me to do this as well, but only for 2 weeks otherwise itd be too much

hitting a couple sets of bis and tris each workout has brought mine up , hitting two set to failure with a weight I can get 9-10 times

Never ever tried this, most ive done, is twice a week, one light and volume, the other heavy and strength....sounds interesting though....let us know the results if you try....

I have done this a couple of time for my back thickness. I would hit them EOD tho ...ED it was just way to sore to get effective reps and sets in. You can get away with doing this if you are on gear for one....because it helps with the recovery...2 your diet needs to be right for it....to help with the recovery. And adding in some other supps to help there was well would be a good idea.

I did this for one month....seemed to help some....but not so much from doing it so often....but because I tried different ways of doing the exercises ...using different angles...different grips...trying things that would take my bi's out of the exercise more so that I felt it more in my back. So it helped me with being able to get the "feeling" down better when doing my back thickness exercises.

I also did this before with chest...noticed that my strength went up in some of the lifts like....cable cross over,cable flies, db flies and weighted dips but didnt see a whole lot of size or shape difference. I didnt notice size or shape intill I moved my elbows back when I bench....I started to bring the bar down closer to my chin...and I widen my grip a good bit....then BAM!!! within 3-4 chest workouts I could tell a differnce.

So I think playing around with how you perform the exercise ....different weight,reps,sets,grip,angle and things like that will help over all but as far as putting on size or shape from the ED or EOD workouts I know I didnt notice a whole lot....but I learned over all was worth it.

Last edited:
Don Long does something similar with his clients...4 sets after every workout of a trouble bodypart...not to failure...rotates between a few exercises. Helped Brandon Rey bring up his back

This is one of my favorite topics and something I have dicussed numerous times on The Derek Anthony Radio Show..

UPREGULATION! As an ADAPTIVE response, your body will UPREGULATE functions such as HGH secretion, IGF-1, testosterone levels, follistatin levels, androgen receptor sensitivty, testosterone uptake in to muscle cells, and many more types of adaptive responses, in order to SURVIVE.

Your muscles are not familiar with being trained 2 or 3 days in a ROW! So, what do they do? They FREAK OUT and start pumping out HGH and testosterone, as well as all of the other hormones and growth factors that I mentioned above. Your body is an ADAPTIVE machine and will upregulate or dfownregulate functions in order to survive. MUSCLE and STRENGTH are BIOLOGICAL ADAPTATIONS.

I think this might work well for isolation exercises that are hard to progress in strength on. For example, cable side laterals. I seem to be able to do an infinite number of sets with these, but can barely get a few reps if I move up 10lbs from my max. Even doing a ridiculous amount of sets, they never seem to feel worked, they don't really get sore like my whole body does after a heavy trap bar deadlift session.
My side and rear delts could use some size compared to my front delts, so I am going to try this method for cable side laterals....thanks for posting this idea.
I'm thinking some IGF1 DES plus this method may be a great way to make progress.

This is one of my favorite topics and something I have dicussed numerous times on The Derek Anthony Radio Show..

UPREGULATION! As an ADAPTIVE response, your body will UPREGULATE functions such as HGH secretion, IGF-1, testosterone levels, follistatin levels, androgen receptor sensitivty, testosterone uptake in to muscle cells, and many more types of adaptive responses, in order to SURVIVE.

Your muscles are not familiar with being trained 2 or 3 days in a ROW! So, what do they do? They FREAK OUT and start pumping out HGH and testosterone, as well as all of the other hormones and growth factors that I mentioned above. Your body is an ADAPTIVE machine and will upregulate or dfownregulate functions in order to survive. MUSCLE and STRENGTH are BIOLOGICAL ADAPTATIONS.

I hope this thread blows up....I love this topic and this kind of threads being posted....I get bored with cycle talk anymore....diet...and training is what keeps me coming back 3-4 times per day. I will post more on this tomorrow...just got home from the gym and I need to eat before I pass out!!

I will try this with my lagging triceps. Also will add MGF ed/pwo and eod test prop/ace injections of 1-2cc. So the routine will look like this:

Back/traps/TRICEPS 4 sets (rope pushdowns)
Chest/Shoulders/TRICEPS 4 sets (incline db sckullcrushers)
OFF
Quads/Hams/calves/TRICEPS 4 sets (1 arm calbe extensions)
Biceps/TRICEPS 12 sets (Close grip bp, dips, 1 arm db ext)
OFF
OFF

See how it works for the next 2 weeks

Is this what they call overreaching? Basically over training for a short period of time.

Ya, same thing. I think ED is pushing it. I do 3x week and that seems extreme to me if you are going hard.

I've heard that training a lagging part less rather than more is actually more effective.

Im going to try this with my chest, heavy flys and dips at the very end. Im on cycle, so I think this would be beneficial, plus it would be hard to overtrain to a degree.

I was always told to never train a bodypart more than twice a week, and even twice was alot. Im going to try this a form my own conclusions.

I've heard that training a lagging part less rather than more is actually more effective.
Well most of the time when A person has a laggin body part then over train the hell out of it.....so in that case....sure it would benefit more to cut back some. However if you have your training,diet and "supps" all together then you can bang on that laggin bodypart every other day or every 3rd day and get some good results from it.

BULLSHIT. My legs, calves, and triceps didn't get HUGE until I started KILLING THEM, sometimes multiple sessions per week.

BULLSHIT. My legs, calves, and triceps didn't get HUGE until I started KILLING THEM, sometimes multiple sessions per week.

So is the consensus the body part should be trained ED or EOD? What set range are you shooting for?

So is the consensus the body part should be trained ED or EOD? What set range are you shooting for?

These are ADVANCED training principles..

Typically, you should indeed wait approxcimately 48-72 hours before training a muscle again, to allow full recovery. HOWEVER--periodically, you can certainly train a lagging muscle TWICE in a row, or TRAIN, OFF, TRAIN AGAIN. Heck, you can do 2 days on 1 day off then train the muscle AGAIN!

YOU MUST take 5-7 days of COMPLETE rest for that specific muscle however after employing this technique.

Last edited:

Hi Guys,

I am also very interested in this topic. I have underdeveloped quads as compared to my upper body. Its due to left knee pain for years, surgery, stiffness etc. and lower back issues so I could not nuke them without crying with frustration. I am finally able to hit them hard two years after surgery but the left knee is still stiff and slightly painful. I only train each bodypart once a week but hard. I really want to bring my legs up to at least close to being in proportion. Currently training once a week but if you do not have a good day or dont feel energetic or headache or whatever, you have to wait a whole week to hit them again. I weight 220lbs but could be 235 if my legs were up to snuff. Typically do the hack-squat machine due to back support and leg presses. If I squat, I use the smith machine.

Does anyone have suggestions or experience bringing up lagging legs (my calves are OK becasue I can train the crap out of those). I was thinking 3-4 times a week with one time hard/heavy. I was also thinking about IGF-1 in left quad. I also sometimes take d-bol or drol only on leg days...ha.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Ross. Thanks for input. Gonna do this w lagging calves. Do u switch exercises every wkout?

Johnny Ringo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner