over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training laging body part ED?

i call that touch ups! you train a lagging body you do 4 sets of 20reps usually.....

so like lets say chest is lagging train it monday on chest day then some other time later in week with shlders lets say after the shlder work out you would do 4 sets of 20 touch ups for chest.....

This sure does helps... i have been training my calves every day for last three weeks...and the results are showing and they are good... :D

It seems to work for calves for me. I'd rotate between 3 exercises and try to.add weight for the same.number of reps each workout...

BULLSHIT. My legs, calves, and triceps didn't get HUGE until I started KILLING THEM, sometimes multiple sessions per week

with comments like these its obvious how you are in alot of arguments,,,

to answer your question yes every day is too much for me personally
triceps already get alot of work so usually they are not a problem for many

I've heard that training a lagging part less rather than more is actually more effective.

I definitely agree with you Miss greek

BULLSHIT. My legs, calves, and triceps didn't get HUGE until I started KILLING THEM, sometimes multiple sessions per week.
No need for the foul language mister :p J/k
But seriously, I didn't say this is what I believed, just that it's what I've heard when it comes to bringing up biceps.
Honestly, I'm not sure what's best, I think everyone is so different that it might work for some, but it might hurt others.

with comments like these its obvious how you are in alot of arguments,,,

to answer your question yes every day is too much for me personally
triceps already get alot of work so usually they are not a problem for many

I definitely agree with you Miss greek

I'm just a PASSIONATE guy. ;)

No one is saying that you should work a muscle EVERY DAY, this is an advanced training technique. A muscle like the triceps gets a lot of INDIRECT work, and therefore NEEDS to be hit direcly for optimal growth. SAME FOR CALVES, which are worked indirectly during every leg pressing movement.

Until you TRAIN THESE MUSCLES DIRECTLY, they won't explode with growth. EVERY MUSCLE needs to be targeted, and in general, the more STIMULUS, the greater the GROWTH(provided rest and nutrition are optimal).

for those who know my past with 18 surgeries to walk again when i was a kid now a lover of bodybuilding and competitor, i have tried everything. i have found this works good esp when having to play catch up. my right leg grows well since it only had 4 surgeries but the left one lags behind so i blast it. I have found however when doing this for legs you can get away with it for about 4 weeks max then i think you hit more of a mental wall so i presume that cns is related. however i do agree with bignshredded on this..it is advanced and depending on the bodypart, your personal stress levels and your job it can be a value...

i will say though i have tried the resting my legs more to see if they grow more since the stink and can say that for me at least does not work. only time my legs grew some with that principle was when shelby helped me with dc training and such.

with the emerging of crossfit (i dont love it nope!) but i do like the idea of anything is on the table. since i have been training like that lately i am way more energized and you know its fun just to punish yourself sometimes, but heck i am sadistic..

my problem is bi's/tri's, everything else grows but they are always lagging, or so i feel, i've never found anything to really make them blow up like the average frat boys do on creatine, hell i've even done them in the morning heavy and then evening to finish them off, and it helped some but quickly stopped progression. I've done eod and ed training and usually train mwf these days and allow 48hrs of recovery after every lift unless it's busy week and i get behind, i can lift shoulder twice a month and they blow up, arms never seem to do much, so very interested in what people have to say here.

my problem is bi's/tri's, everything else grows but they are always lagging, or so i feel, i've never found anything to really make them blow up like the average frat boys do on creatine, hell i've even done them in the morning heavy and then evening to finish them off, and it helped some but quickly stopped progression. I've done eod and ed training and usually train mwf these days and allow 48hrs of recovery after every lift unless it's busy week and i get behind, i can lift shoulder twice a month and they blow up, arms never seem to do much, so very interested in what people have to say here.

Try this:

Cedric McMillan IFBB PRO said:
i have trouble with my arms too... those long muscle bellies take time to fill out.
about 5 months ago, i was in the middle of my contest prep and i was training twice a day. i started training bi's in the morning everyday, and tri's in the evening everyday or the other way around. i was doing 6 sets of 12-20 reps. i used 2 exercises of choice, 3 sets each. it seemed like my bi's and tri's responded real well to that.
after my show, i was only training once a day so i decided to train bi's one day, and tri's the next. i still do 6 sets, but sometimes i do 1 exercise for 6 sets or 2 exercises - 3 sets each, or 3 exercises - 2 sets each. i still do 12-20 reps.
the method behind this is high moderate to high intensity, low volume, with an increased frequency than normal. i tink the increased frequency with a volume low enough to allow the muscles to recover quickly will help stimulate muscle growth.
here is what i choose from:
intensity: high - moderate - low
volume: high - moderate - low
frequency: everyday to every other day - every 3 days to once a week - once every 7-10 days

depending on your make-up, different combinations work for different bodyparts and/or people.
some things are simple mathematics, if you recover quickly u can train more often... if u dont recover quickly, adjust frequency, volume, or intensity, or a combinations. its a big ass science project...just try shit systematically until u find what u like and what i feel like works for u. this just happens to be what im tryin right now.
all of this is considering rest, and nutrition is optimal, because a lack of either can affect recovery.

i just got this thing that if somebody says "hey, do this for arms... it'll make 'em grow", no one really knows until they try to find out if "gels" with u as an individual... ya know what im sayin?

weed might make YOU hungry, but it might make ME want to fuck...haha experiment bro

good luck

i see dante lurking..i know the guys got some jewels to drop...drop em DC!!

My opinion on bringing up weak bodyparts? It has mostly nothing to do with more sets, more of this more of that, training them every day etc etc etc......

Two things (in my opinion) bring up bodyparts whether strong or weak

1) Using the most productive exercises for your unique body and then getting really progressive with it....right up the ladder....taking that productive exercise and going from 55 x 12 with it to 255 x 12 will change a bodypart dramatically whether its weak or strong. For example what exercise would virtually everyone say builds big quads? leg extensions, sissy squats, or squats? Squats obviously....deep controlled squats with heavy weights and higher reps work for virtually everyone in building big quads. So you show me a guy who does a 185x12 in the squat and over years and supplements and drugs and training hard eventually squats 455 x 20 deep reps and Ill show you a guy who has some bigtime wheels now. If you have a weak upper chest and just cannot find the right exercise for it over time but then happen upon the right angle and the right tweak for upper chest where it starts responding......taking that beginning poundage and on that productive tweak and angle you have come across (lets say it was 185 x 10) and over time and supplements and training hard and drugs turn that into a 365 x 12.....you are going to have another inch of muscle mass on your upper pecs

2) And i think this is of the utmost importance and its where 98% of bodybuilders fail. YOU GOT TO GET WEIRD WITH IT! And what i mean by that is if you have been training for 6-14 years and it still isnt working for you.....ITS NOT GOING TO WORK UNLESS YOU TWEAK IT SOMEHOW TO MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU. For example lets say a guy has sucky biceps and he has used the plethora of bread and butter movements for the last 8 years.....the rigomoro barbell curls, dumbell curls, that curl this curl, cable curl, machine curl etc etc etc......and your biceps still suck.....obviously the mode of operation of that curling exercise is not doing it for you yet you keep doing variations of the exact same thing which are going to continually produce what you have gotten over the last 8 years (which isnt much bicep growth)...so you HAVE TO GET WEIRD WITH IT and discover productive exercises that are totally out of the norm........ and unlike what you have been doing previously that has already proven to you = minimal results.
I will stay with biceps and show you what i do with guys who no longer get anything out of the bread and butter exercises (that do work good for some people...im not saying they dont...im talking to people who are not getting the results from the tried and true)......i have them do a few things

a) Preacher curls usually get people to react where regular bicep and dumbell curls do not because of the stabilization of the elbow (not always but its a starting point that i use)....never ever ever ever bounce out of the bottom of a preacher curl....go down to the bottom, pause and then lean over the bench a little bit to make a crook in your arm, and then curl. Id use a higher rep range also

b) I put peoples arms in back of them when they curl....which means....your arm is pulled backwards (either done single or two arms at a time) and you curl......for example low pulley that your facing away from ...your arm is straight and pulled back and you curl from that position.....you also curl up into your armpit not out in front of you...try this while your seated at your computer...do a regular curl like you would do it....now curl with your elbow going backwards like your trying to bring your upright clenched fist into your armpit....see the difference? Use that tweak on your bicep exercises and on this one described in #2

c) Hammer curls...again seated and curl your fist into your armpit while your elbow flows backward instead of curling out in front of you....do seated hammer curls like that higher rep

d) get a rope extension like used for tricep pushdowns and slide the attachement all the way to the far end (you will be curling with one hand on the other side of the rope)...attach attachement to a low pulley and stand far enough away that the plates are off the stack (always tension)...now (while facing the stack) hammer curl it up out in front of you with one arm (again higher rep range 12-20 reps)

So are you guys getting my gist? You HAVE TO GET WEIRD WITH IT....the biggest disservice you can do to yourself training wise is sticking with the same exercises that have NOT worked for you over the last 6-12 years!

I did this above for biceps....i could go all day what i do for other bodyparts but you have to think things out and do exercises that are outside your box of familiarity.

The two most important things in a bodybuilders training regimen to me are
1) progressive weights over time for safe reps on exercises that he finds out works awesome on his individual physique
2) Exercise selection and finding unique intricate exercises that ACTUALLY work for him. If you have been incline pressing dumbells at a 45 degree angle for the last 8 years and still have a suckass upper chest....what the hell are you doing? Find something whether its a unique angle or a unique exercise or hand position or machine that will ACTUALLY CHANGE YOU....than wasting any more time on an exercise that you have proven to yourself hasnt done jack crap for you. Get weird with it.

If you guys pick up the new flex magazine with arnold on the cover (march issue its in the grocery stores now)...I did an interview where i showed what i mean by getting weird with it...

Last edited:
I'm surprised there arent more actual studies on this and similar topics. I doubt any would come back as conclusive one way or the other but you would think the medical and scientific world would at least have a better understanding of training methods and muscle growth by this point.

If you guys pick up the new flex magazine with arnold on the cover (march issue its in the grocery stores now)...I did an interview where i showed what i mean by getting weird with it...

Only one sentence at the very end, which most won't even read far enough to even get to, mentioning an article you have in a magazine... humble. I've read several of your posts mentioning these techniques, I love the consistency of your methods... cause they fucking work, the proof IS in the pudding (Henry looked FANTASTIC at the Arnold BTW). I will definitely be picking Flex up.

Last edited:
I always subscribed to the thought process that if you want to grow then work out 3 times a week, compound movements mainly, no need to do arms separately, and get lots of rest/food. Great for the big 3 lifts but didn't do much for my size.

Well, I now have a 5 day split (not a week but over 8 days) with an arm day and focused on higher volume. Result: Great gains all over.

Now on an off day for the past three weeks I have actually been doing biceps (while still having my arm day) at the house. Not a full workout but enough to get a great pump. Best bicep gains in my life, getting stretch marks which hasn't happened since my first cycle. I'll probably do this for another week, switch to doing triceps on an off-day, and do that for a month. If that has results after a month I'll probably switch to another bodypart until the end of my cycle.

I hate to admit it but I think I've undertrained myself the past few years. There really is credence to finding what works for YOUR body. There is no one-size-fit-all program. Same with food. Same with drugs.

I have a 5 day split but sometimes I double up on chest if I feel the need to it turns in to a 6 day split. Anymore than that would be over training I think especially when lifting heavy.

Vince gironda recommended training a muscle 3 days in a row and then not for the rest of the week to break out of a rut. I cant remember but i think he said to do this for 2 or 3 weeks at most and then resume normal training.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
roydavis474
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws