YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone suffer or did suffer from Obsessive thinking?

Uncle Z Rep

Banned
I'm have obsessive thinking and it's been around a year and I still suffer from it. I went to the Dr. And got on Lexapro yesterday. I how there is a final ending to this so I can stop thinking of this problem I have. It's one big circle and i can shrug it off. I'm going to see a professional about it. Any one suffer or had this problem at one time?
Please post here and I would like to talk on the phone if possible. I'm happy married and this could hurt it if I can't resolve this.

Please and help would be great. I'm needing it

Thanks

I'm have obsessive thinking and it's been around a year and I still suffer from it. I went to the Dr. And got on Lexapro yesterday. I how there is a final ending to this so I can stop thinking of this problem I have. It's one big circle and i can shrug it off. I'm going to see a professional about it. Any one suffer or had this problem at one time?
Please post here and I would like to talk on the phone if possible. I'm happy married and this could hurt it if I can't resolve this.

Please and help would be great. I'm needing it

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly how you mean obsessive thinking but I often find myself thinking about terrible horrifying scenarios happening to my kids like getting kidnapped or a horrible accident happening to them. to the point I have anxiety over it. Then I'm like why the hell am I thinking of this ridiculous stuff? I have to concentrate on something else or turn on music or TV to get my mind off it. It happens to me at least 3 times per week.

This is a great topic and I don't suffer from it anymore.

I was 30 years old. Life was perfect. I just got married to a girl with 3 kids and I had none, but she was great in bed and life was great.

I started getting stressed out because I had no alone time anymore, but life was still great. Then I had trouble sleeping. A few times over a month I felt like I was going to drive off the road and then quickly snapped back.

Then one day I woke up in the middle of the night and my wife looked like an evil skeleton. It was very weird. I didn't have anything like that again, but I soon had obsessive thoughts that I would hurt/kill my wife. Not because I disliked her or wanted to, but because I would not have control of my body and was going insane and I was going to hurt her.

For example, one day she was at the computer and I was watching TV and I got up and started walking towards the room she was in for something, one the way there I got intrusive throughts that I was going to kill. I grabbed the coach to stop by body and my body still started moving towards the room, but I held on to the coach as hard as I could and it finally went away. I had things like this happen almost daily.

I had no issues at work, it was only when I got home. I went on paxil and the panic attacks stopped but I was still scared they would come back.

I finally left her and went to live with my mom and the house foreclosed, but at least I didn't go crazy and kill my wife unintentionally.

The issues didn't fully go away until I tried a number of SSRI, but it was hopeless. I wanted to kill myself for a long time. I finally started smoking marijuana every day for over a year, i got off the medication during this time and when I got motivated to quit smoking...proof the mental issues were totally gone.

I hope this helped

Mine are thinking about my wife's past sexual experience. She was single for 7 years . Didn't date didn't have one relationship. And no she wasn't a slur for anyone thinking this. She was single so she could do what she wanted. It was a friend with benefits kind of thing. It was with of high school friends she missed with back then. To tell the truth I wad the first one she ever approached ever.
I just can't stop asking about her past and when I do is like 20 minutes later I can't remember very good what talked about. I ask one thing then it's another and I'll think on the topic all day replaying it in my head to the point i can't remember much of it. We have done a lot more and new things that she had ever done but when i hear that it's not any better so I'll get little anxiety over it. It's just one big circle. I stayed Lexapro and is my second day as its helping but i think of it still.
We have a great marriage with our kids. Iv never felt like this ever. I went to a therapist and she said iv never been in love and I'm scared to get hurt and it's my wall. I think about this issue all day till we go to bed and I'll ask about everything none stop. I'm concerned that is going to hurt our marriage. I tell myself so if she has done this and that. I was in a marriage for 12 years and I was tarible at it. I wasn't caring loving and i cheated on her right before I left her and didn't care.
I fell in my mind that I don't like they she has had experienced with someone before me . We are in faith with good as i think it helps some.

No flaming it's a real issue so only real answers please.

Thsnks

I'm not sure exactly how you mean obsessive thinking but I often find myself thinking about terrible horrifying scenarios happening to my kids like getting kidnapped or a horrible accident happening to them. to the point I have anxiety over it. Then I'm like why the hell am I thinking of this ridiculous stuff? I have to concentrate on something else or turn on music or TV to get my mind off it. It happens to me at least 3 times per week.

It means that I think about the topic non stop. It replayed in my head non stop over and over.

It means that I think about the topic non stop. It replayed in my head non stop over and over.

I have obsessive thinking about s couple of things but it doesn't seem to have s hold on me like you brother. I hope things get better for you and whatever it is you can get passed it I did with Jesus. One of mine was my best friend died in my arms blood gushing out of his eyes and ears and mouth and every day of my life I beat myself up and blamed it on myself because I couldn't save him, I somehow convinced myself it was my fault. I don't think of it much but I did think about it today, I talked to an older guy who went through something similar as me and he sorta helped me realize a lot of things. But one thing is good to realize that obsessive thinking is unhealthy, fix it, patch it up, and keep on fighting brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm like that all the time.. I can't shut down. I'll run the same thing over my mind over and over and over again.. My mind won't stop. I can stay up for days sometimes. It effects my job,my relationship at times but mostly my own well being. I went to see many doctors and finally one gave me seroquel. So when I go thru one of my bouts I can take one of those to help me shut it down.. Depending how much time I have to sleep I'll break a piece off or in half so I can get up for work. Its not a cure. I'm still going thru it but it definitely helps.

Mine are thinking about my wife's past sexual experience. She was single for 7 years . Didn't date didn't have one relationship. And no she wasn't a slur for anyone thinking this. She was single so she could do what she wanted. It was a friend with benefits kind of thing. It was with of high school friends she missed with back then. To tell the truth I wad the first one she ever approached ever.
I just can't stop asking about her past and when I do is like 20 minutes later I can't remember very good what talked about. I ask one thing then it's another and I'll think on the topic all day replaying it in my head to the point i can't remember much of it. We have done a lot more and new things that she had ever done but when i hear that it's not any better so I'll get little anxiety over it. It's just one big circle. I stayed Lexapro and is my second day as its helping but i think of it still.
We have a great marriage with our kids. Iv never felt like this ever. I went to a therapist and she said iv never been in love and I'm scared to get hurt and it's my wall. I think about this issue all day till we go to bed and I'll ask about everything none stop. I'm concerned that is going to hurt our marriage. I tell myself so if she has done this and that. I was in a marriage for 12 years and I was tarible at it. I wasn't caring loving and i cheated on her right before I left her and didn't care.
I fell in my mind that I don't like they she has had experienced with someone before me . We are in faith with good as i think it helps some.

No flaming it's a real issue so only real answers please.

Thsnks

When I was in my early twenties I had a girl who was totally bad to me. She cheated on me with my friend (not my friend I guess). I was sooooo in love with her. We had a kid by the way. It would revolve in my head. I would think about the things they might have done together. I was obsessed by it. Even after we broke up I couldn't get over it. It would enrage me when she would date someone.

After that I went through a stage of hating women and using them and treating them badly. I felt like trusting someone would only result in me getting hurt. So instead I would hurt them. To this day I feel I'm incapable of deeply loving and letting down my wall. So your scenario kind of seems similar.

You have got to realize your wife most likely does not even think about those past experiences. It's hard to believe that someone can love you when you are incapable of loving. It's hard to feel like your wife is over her previous sexual experiences when you still think about yours. Believe me, no man wants to imagine another man's hands on his wife, even if it was before you so I understand that. All in all it's a self-esteem problem.

I feel I can relate to your problem. I wish I could type some magical sentence to make it all better. You need to work on yourself and leave her alone about her past.

Last edited:
Counseling is going to help you but what you need to do is forgive your wife fir her faults and her past. Yes, it sounds simple but it is much harder to do.

Write out, I forgive (your wife's name) for:

Fold it up, put it in a drawer or your wallet. Always remember that you forgave her. When a negative though arises, just say, I forgave her, all is well.

It is going to take time to truly forgive and that is was a physiatrist can help with

Ya she blocked it out. She told me she has blocked it out and is in barest by the ones she was with. I truly can't stand it and I'm doing everything I can.

Clear cut case of analysis paralysis. The condition where so many possibilities swirling around in your brain all the time incapacitates you. A sure sign that a shortage of GABA or downregulated GABA receptors are preventing your brain from slowing down your thinking.

Years ago, this was treating easily and handily with benzodiazapines like valium which increase GABA in the brain and calm you down. Unfortunately, they calmed people down SO much that it slowed down their lives and the users became addicted.

Best is to increase your GABA and serotonin naturally or with some OTC products.

exercise, meditation, B vitamins, inositol... Just remember the problem with taking a pill or supplement is that you never really learn to calm and control your thoughts because you just take something and that does it for you. You would not benefit from going to the gym if someone else lifted the weights for you.

This is a great topic and I don't suffer from it anymore.

I was 30 years old. Life was perfect. I just got married to a girl with 3 kids and I had none, but she was great in bed and life was great.

I started getting stressed out because I had no alone time anymore, but life was still great. Then I had trouble sleeping. A few times over a month I felt like I was going to drive off the road and then quickly snapped back.

Then one day I woke up in the middle of the night and my wife looked like an evil skeleton. It was very weird. I didn't have anything like that again, but I soon had obsessive thoughts that I would hurt/kill my wife. Not because I disliked her or wanted to, but because I would not have control of my body and was going insane and I was going to hurt her.

For example, one day she was at the computer and I was watching TV and I got up and started walking towards the room she was in for something, one the way there I got intrusive throughts that I was going to kill. I grabbed the coach to stop by body and my body still started moving towards the room, but I held on to the coach as hard as I could and it finally went away. I had things like this happen almost daily.

I had no issues at work, it was only when I got home. I went on paxil and the panic attacks stopped but I was still scared they would come back.

I finally left her and went to live with my mom and the house foreclosed, but at least I didn't go crazy and kill my wife unintentionally.

The issues didn't fully go away until I tried a number of SSRI, but it was hopeless. I wanted to kill myself for a long time. I finally started smoking marijuana every day for over a year, i got off the medication during this time and when I got motivated to quit smoking...proof the mental issues were totally gone.

I hope this helped
Yes, because a foreclosure is always preferable to a maniacal homicide.

I apologize pesty, I know you put up a "like" on my previous comment, but I made that reply before I decided to ban him and deal with him off the board. There are so many things wrong here, it would derail the thread to go into them all. Even the delusion that after long-term chronic marijuana use his issues are totally gone... he could be a serious danger to himself or, more likely, others.

Last edited:
Clear cut case of analysis paralysis. The condition where so many possibilities swirling around in your brain all the time incapacitates you. A sure sign that a shortage of GABA or downregulated GABA receptors are preventing your brain from slowing down your thinking.

Years ago, this was treating easily and handily with benzodiazapines like valium which increase GABA in the brain and calm you down. Unfortunately, they calmed people down SO much that it slowed down their lives and the users became addicted.

Best is to increase your GABA and serotonin naturally or with some OTC products.

exercise, meditation, B vitamins, inositol... Just remember the problem with taking a pill or supplement is that you never really learn to calm and control your thoughts because you just take something and that does it for you. You would not benefit from going to the gym if someone else lifted the weights for you.
I may need to look into this as well.

I may need to look into this as well.
Very common thing. In my opinion, not even a disorder. Just a life issue that almost all of us face maybe for a short period or all our lives. Before there was a disorder (everything's a "disorder" today), these folks were just called worriers. "I'm just a worrier," they'd say.

Guess what? I'm a worrier too. Big time.

My doc calls it "monkey brain."
:spam:

Ya she blocked it out. She told me she has blocked it out and is in barest by the ones she was with. I truly can't stand it and I'm doing everything I can.

It's understandable that she is somewhat embarrassed by it when it is such a big problem for her husband. Try to remember that she chose YOU, not some one else, not some memory.

I do my friend but it's not that easy. Some days it's easy and I don't think about it. Others it's boom it's like it's the end of the world.

Sounds like some of the symptoms of OCD....I had it bad from a child up to my early 20s. I'm talking BAD such that I was a lab rat at Yale University at the age of 16 for Luvox before it was FDA approved in a double blind placebo controlled study.

Problem was I had to come off my Prozac which worked wonders and after a month I gave up on the study and wanted my Prozac back... I probably had the sugar pill anyway as I noticed no relief from the Luvox during the study.

A lot of it is behavioral but at the age of 21 I was fed up and told doc I'm done with all the drugs and I'd deal with it on my own. I also realized why they kept taking blood from me. One of the reasons for the blood work was Prozac really rasies liver enzymes and I wanted nothing to do with that shit.

As you age and mature you grow out of a lot of it and just deal with it every day. It's also the main reason I've been so successful in business as well in developing my physique. It's true OCD where you are addicted to something you put your mind too. Most creative businessmen are like that. Most of them are millionaires and billionaires.

Back to your issue. The thoughts are fucked up yes and still today those nutty things run through my head. I just try to move on and that's it can't help it. Not sick thoughts like doing bad things but visualization of bad things happening to people I know. Really fucking stupid nasty shit you see in movies and then my mind applies it to loved ones. So fucking stupid but I deal with it.

The focus it gives me in the gym is beyond amazing though. Meaning the OCD and deep thoughts.

In your case the truth is you just have to tell yourself to fucking man up and move on. This is not an insult at you just shit I've done over there years to grow out of shit like that .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I hope you find some relief.

This.
I have had obsessive compulsive disorder since I was a child as well.
It was absolutely debilitating and has gotten better but never completely disappeared as I have gotten older. The suggestions OuchThatHurts gave you worked for me (exercise,GABA,5-HTP,and B vitamins/inositol).
If I don't go to the gym and miss a day, my symptoms will begin to exacerbate and it becomes unbearable.

Let me know how Lexapro goes for you; I refuse to use any medications for this, but if yours is extremely severe and there's nothing you can do about it then pharmacological interventions may be one of the only ways.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws