over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Witnessed a suicide

RCK

Registered
I do not want to be specific with the details of what I saw or who was involved. My GF brother, in his early 20s, hung himself and I had to untie him and get him down. He had been dead for at least 4 hours. My GF and I were the first to find him. I am trying my best to support my lady and her family without allowing them to notice how much this has actually been bother me lately.
I've had intense jealous feeling because of a strange new bond between my gf and I, fear of being away from her and around people who do not understand. Random outbursts of frustration.
I am not posting to look for sympathy, I am posting out of curiosity if anyone on here has had a similar experience or wittnessed death in a tragic way and what were some methods you used to help move on as quickly as possible.

This tragedy was recent. I'm in my early 20s as well.

Sorry to hear it. I saw a guy get gunned down a long time ago and it haunted me for quite some time. I can't imagine how it must have felt to untie your brother.

I apologize for not having anything useful to add. It's been 16 years since that happened and I truly don't remember if there was anything that helped me get that out of my head.

Last edited:
I would recommend that you seek counseling to assist you and your GF/ GF family if they are willing. Most states (assuming you are in the U.S.)have resources available at no cost. The police department that responded to assist may be able to direct you to these resources. There is no shame to at minimum talking with a counselor. The professionals that deal with this for a living Police/ Fire/ EMS often go through debriefs after traumatic events to assist them in dealing with what they experienced. They often don't know the people involved and have seen similar situations many times none the less it is still traumatic and takes its toll.

If you injured yourself you would seek a doctor/ first aid. Think of this as an injury to your psyche.

Good luck

Went through almost the exact same thing in the Army with one of my Soldiersand was one of the first on the scene. Some people can deal with tragic events on their own others need professional support. Can't force anyone into counselling, be supportive to their needs.

I'm sorry you and your GF had to experience that. My 2x cents worth, coming from a Marine with multiple combat deployments where my team has seen a lot of gruesome things. Sit down with your GF and the family and discuss the traumatic event and how "YOU" are feeling.

Even with my mentally toughest Marines, once we have completed our operations, reset, and back on base, if we had a tragic event, I had them spill their guts within their team....to a point of tears (at times) to work through his emotions. It didn't weaken their mindset, but they were healthier for it by developing that support network. The idea is to keep talking about it until the event becomes just a story in your life, instead of a traumatic life altering event.

Regarding your feelings of jealousy and random outbursts...might be directly tied to the event..regardless, if those feelings are unfounded, talk to your GF and work on your trust issues. Unfortunately tragic events will manifest themselves in strange ways and modify our day to day behavior...from the subtle, to the overly obvious. I wish you well...you're welcome to PM with any questions.

I think i can relate, last week i wiped a 38 year old woman and her 4 months old boy of the ground at the hospital i work at, she jumped from 7th floor.
Never have i had the need to talk to someone about those incidents but this was too much.
Ive gotten to talk to a support person and it really helped me.
That is what i would recommend to you too.
Get pro help cause this can haunt you for long time.

Wish you a great recovery.

That sounds super disturbing I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you may have a bit of PTSD. I would highly recommend some counseling. There is no shame in it. In my experience, a professional counselor can give you a bit of direction on how to cope more effectively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Sorry you're going through this.

Asking the police for available resources is a great idea.

Therapy helps. Just don't expect miracle in the first session. It takes some time.

I've witnessed two. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your gf's brother; that is some tough shit to deal with. I have seen a lot of fucked up things in my day and even with counseling it never truly leaves your memories. It does help though to speak with someone and get your feelings out; time also helps, but like I said it never goes away. My heart goes out to you and your girls family; I'm sorry you had to see that.

I'm sorry for your situation.

In the many halls of Being, there are many paths.

I have seen people more-slowly die away in front of me because of their choices. It is as if they didn't care and simply chose suicide. It's morbid, and there is nothing that I could do about it.

I know that this is not the same as your situation, but these are ways in which people choose death, and there are so many ways.

Everybody dies, and somehow they all play a part in choosing their death. There was always some chance for enlightenment along the path. I have to choose to believe that these experiences are part of my own enlightenment. Just as they were selfish, I have to be selfish enough to believe that they served a purpose for my own enlightenment and personal development.

Just as Christ, they sacrificed themselves for me, for us, as we all continue to develop ourselves here, and here we take a look at the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This was personal for you and will continue to shape your personality. Many people will come from the outside, people who can only possibly understand, but not factually BE it. This simply continues the process of personal differentiation for you, and this allows you to continue to feel unique in your experience.

Be like God. Get above it. Compare and contrast, learn about the differences, learn how this is all the same. You have to be a relative-human so let it be personal for you; allthewhile, you have to find a God-like view where this is all the big picture.

Learning to live with this sort of cognitive dissidence...
It was a unique experience, but what is there unique about death?

I do not want to be specific with the details of what I saw or who was involved. My GF brother, in his early 20s, hung himself and I had to untie him and get him down. He had been dead for at least 4 hours. My GF and I were the first to find him. I am trying my best to support my lady and her family without allowing them to notice how much this has actually been bother me lately.
I've had intense jealous feeling because of a strange new bond between my gf and I, fear of being away from her and around people who do not understand. Random outbursts of frustration.
I am not posting to look for sympathy, I am posting out of curiosity if anyone on here has had a similar experience or wittnessed death in a tragic way and what were some methods you used to help move on as quickly as possible.

This tragedy was recent. I'm in my early 20s as well.

sorry to hear about your loss.

when i was about 10 i witnessed an elderly lady purposely drive her car into the lake i was bass fishing in. i stood there and watched the whole thing unfold as the fire trucks/medics showed up to dive and retrieve her from the car. i watched them perform cpr and stick large gauge needles into her lungs to suction lake water. it made the local news. they said "she was distracted by a kid fishing". lolk! she had to drive through a chain and padlock to drive on the private road to the location she made a hard right. she was looking me right in the eye. it was WEIRD! that was over 30 years ago. ill never forget it!

Consult a professional counselor.

Call your health insurance company, I'd be surprised if this sort of thing wasn't covered.

If you're uninsured or can not cover the costs regardless, I'd be willing to bet there are many free services available.

talk to someone, you wont regret it. It will be like a weight off your chest man. Do it now before your mind starts going crazy.

I can only imagine what you're going through. There's some good advice in here. My thoughts are with you and your girl friend's family.

My little brother killed himself 2 years ago this month. Nothing gets you over it. Time will diminish the hurt and the memory

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this. I have always said this would be one of my worst fears to walk in on a dead person or see something like this.

One of my closest friends as a teenager was playing video games. Heard a loud bang. Went downstairs. Walked in on his father who just shot himself in the face. Not sure if it was an accident. But he was pretty fucked up after that. You definitely should be in counselling.

Our secrets grow in darkness and die when brought to light. I used to live a very unrighteous lifestyle and I saw some gnarly stuff during that time, including a few deaths. The only way I was able to move on and retain my sanity was to talk about it.. Therapists, religious leaders, family members, trusted friends, talk to whoever you need to but talk about it or that shit will eat you up, forget all that macho man BS, real men have the balls to talk about their feelings

I can remember my dad and my mom in the front seat of our car and I was in the back seat. On the other side of traffic I saw a man get hit by a car. I was very, very young.. I can remember the sound of his head when it hit the floor. I'm 46 now and still can vividly remember it. My parents were there with me they never said or consoled me of what I saw. Maybe they thought I didn't see it or perhaps they thought I was too young to know what happened. I know what I saw. There are somethings in life that you will never forget.

I have seen my brothers killed in action and I am also a Clinical Social Worker for the chronic mentally ill, I have seen and worked with suicidal people for almost 30 years- It can be very traumatic and each of us experience things differently, always best to seek counseling if you have insurance , make use of it. If you have very empathetic and caring friend that listens , can also help. Just never be afraid to ask for help

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear