over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So much utter BS being said across the boards lately

I think the big problem these days is that there are not many hard core gyms left. Most of it is all commercialized and aimed at the general populus because that is where the money is. Back in the 80s and even the 90s there were still a good number of good gyms. In my area at least, most of the hard core gyms were either bought out or went out of business.

Probably dont see many gyms these days with a deadlift platform and a puke bucket over by the squat rack.

When I first got into bodybuilder we didnt have many gyms in my area...but the ones we had were hard core gyms....then these yuppie 24 hour places started to come around and offer these $10 a month memberships....and all the hardcore places shut down. Now we have a yuppie gym about every 10-15 miles from each other. Mostly all the hard core guys in my area are either older now and dont train like they used to...or they just refuse to train at these yuppie gyms. Well I cant afford to open my own gym right now...and I cant afford to drive 40 miles each way just to get to a better gym so I am stuck training at a Snap fitness. I train at night so there is not to many members there with us....but during the day time....its like a circus ....and the trainers they have there are a joke....there are no hard core "do it right" kinda members in that gym to take these younger guys under there wings and show them they ropes. And honestly....they dont deserve it....the kids now a days are loud mouth...disrespectful pukes....I have tried a few times to give some tips and pointers here and there to these kids....they dont want to listen....they dont want to do things the way I show them.....WHY? because its HARD!!! They want the easy way out......so like I said in my post above....forget them...I pay them no mind....I worry about myself and myself only.

I know when I was 16-20 years old I wish the guys who were hard core and knew what they were doing were nice enough to come offer me advise like I was to these young kids....shit I had to earn EVERY little tip I ever got....I had to bust my ass at the gym I started out at for 3-4 for years before anyone there even offered to help me in any way shape or form. I would of took notes if those guys would of been as nice to me as I tried to be to some of these kids now a days.

I hate to say it...but with these kids now a days.....bodybuilding is going to become a dying sport....they dont want to train hard...they dont want to diet correctly...they want the easy way....if these kids had the money they would all go get implants. Now I dont want to offend everyone who is younger...I am sure there are a few younger guys who want to learn the correct way...who bust there ass and do things the right way....but they are few and far between. Most of the kids I see today at gyms just go there to hang out.....chase girls and talk about how drunk they got the weekend before.

I just want to say that there seems to be a great change in the way threads are getting started and added too around here...and it's about time.

From Mack's threads, HellBilly's with JM, Dante's, etc. etc. is really nice to come and read or post, without all the drug bullshit questions. Don't get me wrong, some of the questions are legit, and need to be addressed to help a brother or sister out...but so much of it was getting out of hand, with newbie shit.

Threads like this, whether you agree with what is stated or not, are GREAT! Thanks FF for taking the time to start this, and for the others adding their thoughts and experiences.

I think part of the problem is that this stuff is so easy to get these days in this "point and click" environment, that it has diverted lots of attention away from the rest of the body building equation. People now are spoiled with all the choices. It has consumed their thinking.

At the risk of sounding like some old fart, pre-net, we didn't have all this available… at least, not where I trained. It was mostly some test of one form or another with other stuff coming in hit and miss. You wanted GH? Cough up the BIG BUCKS for Saizen fella, and that's WHEN you can get it IF you can get it.

So, with that said, if you wanted GAINS, you trained your ass off, HEAVY and INTENSE… and you ate quality food, lots of it. The right food was an anabolic to me. You couldn't simply rely on drugs, because guess what? …all the choices and availability simply were not there like they are now.

So while people obsess over 1, 2, or 3 grams of brand A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, etc., I'm going to go deadlift

Why do you care what everyone else is doing?

You want to diet strictly and train hard well good for you, thats your choice.

Not everyone wants to compete and the majority of people here doing it to get big and look good.

So who cares if someone is taking 10 grams or 1 gram?

Everyone is different. You might need to diet hard and train hard to get good results, others might be genetically gifted and can look just as good by being lazy.

My view on this whole "bodybuilding" bullshit, is that if you are a competitor then you have to follow a certain lifestyle to accomplish your goals, but if you are not then people wont give a flying fuck about dieting hard and training hard all the time.

I know a guy who knows nothing about your so called "bodybuilding", and I swear put him on 250mg of sustanon a week and in few weeks he looks like a pro with size and hardness and leaness.

Maybe you need to relax about this whole bodybuilding thing.

I know a guy who knows nothing about your so called "bodybuilding", and I swear put him on 250mg of sustanon a week and in few weeks he looks like a pro with size and hardness and leaness.

Pics please!!

Of course it is all based on the individual and the choice they make, and want they or where they want to take their bodies.

I don't care if someone is on 10 grams or 1...matters zero to me. If they grave out at an early age, by taking to much gear...their choice...as stupid as I might think it is. To share, I highly doubt gear put anyone in the grave, more of the recs they were taking along with gear. But let's say the sides of mega dosing overtakes them...because they are young and just believing whatever "god" is telling them....and they take it....because "god" said so.

Personally, I've got nothing against he preaches...buyer beware, use your head and think for yourself...but he is entertaining.

That all said...there has been to much bullshit being spread that you HAVE to take mega doses of gear to get from A to Z, or to get pro size. How many average people have seen a real pro in person? More than likely very few...so you ( or whoever), could get to X size look great, without taking the mega doses, by training hardcore, and eating right...and be very impressive.

I prefer to train HARD, and my goal is to train harder than anyone else in the gym, or to train harder than I did yesterday. I also prefer to eat often, but not necessarily to eat "clean" at every meal...but to enjoy life...and food is a major part of my life. But I love training hard, and leaving nothing when I walk out the door. That is my choice...and what I enjoy to do.

If I choose to take supplements, i don't have to take mega amounts...but enough that is going to help me achieve what I'm going for...which is a dense, hard, big look...whatever that amount may or may not be...trust me, I've taken low and I have taken very high amounts...for me, lower to middle of the road works best for ME.

To those who decide to be lazy because they are "gifted" that is up to them. But as it is with one of my daughters, who is very bright and "gifted" with a photographic memory...I won't allow her to be lazy, but to continue to push her to higher levels, and not settle or compromise because she is gifted...because to me, that would be a waste of a gift.

Time to go eat...10 egg whites, 4 whole wheat waffles with sugar free syrup, and 2 bananas...

Not everyone wants to compete and the majority of people here doing it to get big and look good.

Everyone is different. You might need to diet hard and train hard to get good results, others might be genetically gifted and can look just as good by being lazy.

My view on this whole "bodybuilding" bullshit, is that if you are a competitor then you have to follow a certain lifestyle to accomplish your goals, but if you are not then people wont give a flying fuck about dieting hard and training hard all the time.

I have mixed feelings about this. I wouldnt martyr myself to the God of blown tendons, giving 110% in the gym if I could get the same results at 50% and not get hurt.

First, the mega dosing that is being talked about is being touted as the holy grail to Pro size, not just to get big and look good. As dumb as that is, mega dosing just to get big and look good is even dumber.

Abusing high doses just so you can eat crap and not train hard is incredibly stupid and you might as well put a gun to your head and get it over with now.

Now, this board is called "Professional Muscle" and is centered around our so called bodybuilding thing, maybe you are on the wrong board and should find a new one.

Pics please!!

I don't have pictures of him, haven't seen him in a while.
the guy was mind boggling, he used to only take 1 250mg of Karachi sustanon per week and he blew up and looked hard as hell.

In defense of the original people pushing the 'all drugs' agenda, they did say it was all under the assumption that you knew how to eat and train.
I think anyone that takes any amount of AAS should obviously be training and eating well.
I also think that after a certain point, it really does become about the drugs, there is nothing else you can do. You can only train so hard/so much, and you can only eat so much..... the one variable you can adjust quite easily is drug dosage, and you would be a fool to think top level competitors aren't cranking out large amounts to compete against each other (Big A's 'truth' post).

The one thing I personally have a problem with and I think is going to lead to health problems for the average joe on these forums is eating like complete crap and not doing cardio because of the current drugs' fat burning power. I have seen so much talk about letting the drugs do the work, and that part bothers me. I'll be the first to admit I love being able to eat a more 'normal' diet while using such supps, but I still think it is very important to eat clean the majority of the time, and I think it is very important to do regular cardio.
My blood pressure and HR are always so much better when my cardio is consistent. Eating good food really makes a huge impact on my lipids when I get blood work, and I generally feel better and healthier when I eat mostly clean food. I love that I can have some ice cream after dinner and still stay lean, I am not knocking that at all.....but I just read about a guy that eats 6 donuts before and after training every single day, just because he is on GH and doesn't need to watch his waistline anymore. That sounds fun and all, but what about his insides? I wonder what his glucose levels are each day. This 'sport' is an odd one because you can look healthy and lean but be so messed up inside, especially when using drugs like GH.
I think people should give a lot more thought to what they are doing to themselves, and make sure they are staying healthy regardless of how they look on the outside.

there is no quick fix in the iron game some guys have great genetics and they get there faster but if they dont work harder they will stay the same i have been in the game along time and i have seen people come and go because drugs and genes got them so far but they were not willing to work harder and went by the wayside on the other hand i knew a kid that worked hard took 750mg test and 100 mg anadrol a day weighed about 225 could not bench 315 to save his ass but once you cross the line of drugs know one can cast a stone on what some one else does just be the best u can be

I love Bboy --- think he's funny said:
Hey I don't want to start a war with you but Brad has forgot more about this than you know bro. He is entitled to his oppinion, isn't he?

It almost seams like your made that some of these guys can half ass the
whole thing and still do well. Why spend any energy on these dudes that don't give enough of a shit to even read how to do it correctly or even worse, they do know and still don't do it correctly anyway?

Shit man, try growing at 51 years of age bro.:) Believe me it's all got to be spot on and even then you have to be in touch enough with yourself to know what works for you.
Sure I see the goof balls benching and curling Monday and by Wensday they are all shaped up because you don't see them again until next Monday. I feel like walking up to them and litterally pulling there "home boy" loose fitting mens figure shorts to the ground and telling them to "FIX THIS SHIT". These guys must look silly on the beach with legs the size of my calves. But then I just get back to a good place in my head and keep taking care of MY job there. Fixing me.

If there is anything I can share with you as a felllow BB that has been around a few more laps than yourself it would be to LET IT GO MAN........just let it go.

You want something to be mad at? Be made when you see children in high school on gear. Not at the kids, but at the fucking trash that got it to them.

Stepping off my soap box,

CG

This is an absolute great post. Thank you FF for posting it!

I think to many people are just not willing to put the hard work in off eating, because it is so much easier to stick a needle in your ass. So many people will ask me what i am running, what they should run what gear is good etc. Then i ask them about there diet and it is laughable

I have two freinds who are quite alot older then me, infact 10 years older then me. And all theyve ever done is taken the gear throughout their whole bodybuilding career,now dont get me wrong, both have very good physiques and probably both have a better look then me. But 10 years younger then them and i've probably got if not as much, more muscle then them, if all goes to plan this year ill compete heavier then both of them have ever competed and honestly i am NOT a big gear user at all, ive just put so much effort and hard work in the kitchen and gym it does eventually pay off!

On a side note, MAN--I AM SO GLAD THAT PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE EXISTS!!! I am also very thankful for the brotherhood that we have here, that's what makes it so special!! It feels good to BE UNDERSTOOD!

Great to see that we have REAL BODYBUILDERS here still, who train and eat like MACHINES in order to look perfect! Bodybuilding is an ARTFORM and above all else--A LIFESTYLE.

Victor Richards said it best:

Q. Why don't you compete?

A. First, I believe that every human being should build their physique the way they seem fit instead of structuring their physique to suit the expectations of judges. I believe that some professional have met untimely deaths through the unrealistic pursuit of perfection, trying to attain the kind of physique expected from them by the bodybuilding judges. In the other word, some bodybuilders had became trophy to the bodybuilding establishment while in pursuit of trophy.

A Goof Ball said it best:

Q. Why don't you play in the NFL?

A. First , I believe that every human being should have there own rules. You know, just make up where the first down should be instead of suiting the expectations of referees. I believe professionals have met untimely deaths through the unrealistic pursuit of perfection, symmetry and size trying to attain a win playing better than his competitors. In other words, that's why I play flag football in my back yard and tell my self and friends I could be in the NFL if I was willing to put on one of those shiny helmets. That's why I spend hours at PM telling guys how to run plays and all about my play book, even though I have never stepped onto a field and competed.:lightbulb: Maybe I should just purchase a paint brush and start chasing all this "art form" talk I'm puking out?

One more thing. I believe the NFL is an art form from the waist up.

DUDE: Step on stage or SHUT UP ABOUT THE SPORT!

CG

A Goof Ball said it best:

Q. Why don't you play in the NFL?

A. First , I believe that every human being should have there own rules. You know, just make up where the first down should be instead of suiting the expectations of referees. I believe professionals have met untimely deaths through the unrealistic pursuit of perfection, symmetry and size trying to attain a win playing better than his competitors. In other words, that's why I play flag football in my back yard and tell my self and friends I could be in the NFL if I was willing to put on one of those shiny helmets. That's why I spend hours at PM telling guys how to run plays and all about my play book, even though I have never stepped onto a field and competed.:lightbulb: Maybe I should just purchase a paint brush and start chasing all this "art form" talk I'm puking out?

One more thing. I believe the NFL is an art form from the waist up.

DUDE: Step on stage or SHUT UP ABOUT THE SPORT!

CG

You just don't GET IT...bodybuilding is an ARTFORM and a lifestyle. Not to mention, something that I derive GREAT PLEASURE AND PERSONAL REWARD FROM. I don't need to step on a stage. Your statement is offensive and ignorant..

You just don't GET IT...bodybuilding is an ARTFORM and a lifestyle. Not to mention, something that I derive GREAT PLEASURE AND PERSONAL REWARD FROM. I don't need to step on a stage. Your statement is offensive and ignorant..

This is one thing I agree with Ross on. You don't have to step on stage to be a bodybuilder. As much as I hate some of the filth that Ross posts, he does walk the walk if you know what I mean.

Now for old times sake:
How bout a leg shot?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I train primarily at home now but once a week my wife and I go to the gym, train and she pratices her posing. The guys in the gym don't train like they use to; maybe its because they have access to so many machines or just don't have the role models I had in the gym when I was in my 20's.

I am going to sound like an old guy but here it goes; in 1987 I won the Mr. Oregon and the following year a guy by the name of Terry Fultz followed in my foot steps and won the title. He was 40 years old and I was 24 at the time (1988); Terry came to me and ask me to train with him while he prepared for the Master's Nationals. I was honored as he had a reputation for brutal training plus had a stack of titles under his belt.

He was a middle weight and I was a heavy but only competed around 205lbs. This older man pushed me beyond my wildest dreams; for example leg day we would warm up and work are way up to 5 plates for a couple sets of 8 and the next set we would go to failure, rack the bar and we would take a plate off and go to failure again until we eventually worked our way to just the bar. I would finish the giant set and collapse on the ground. We trained like this on every body part and finished our WO drenched and exausted.

Terry placed 2nd at the Master Nationals that year and John Kemper (Diamond Gym) for you East Coast BB's won the Overall. Terry still continues to compete at 64 yrs old and actually still pulls out a trophy even when he enters the open class. LOL 64 year old cleaning up on 25 year old guys.

Back in those days bodybuilders were respected in the gym, if you won a state title you could train at any gym in Portland as a guest for free. It didn't matter what gym I trained at I seen guys training there guts out because they were there for a purpose.

Enjoying the thread; I read it and went and trained legs tonight...old school and I can barely walk.

I know Terry very well and he has always been a gentleman to me. He competes in several shows still and I always am sure to see him a few times a year.

I love hat he is still kicking some ass well into his "golden years" and still looks respectable on stage. Those leg workouts sounded great and exactly what I am going through currently with Mouss.

Nice to hear from a fellow Mr. Oregon too :) Where about are you from exactly?

-Matt

Step on stage or shut up about the sport. Quit telling us how wonderful your body is and fucking prove it or SHUT UP DUDE! " I got a radio show", "I this", "I that"! You have posted NOT ONE mandatory pose, yet BB is an art form for you? LOL. Keep paging threw MD mag and banging gear and posting shadowed pics of you looking like your ready for an mma fight.LOL

You know what I think is "offensive"? You openly advertising in this part of the forum. Keep that crap over with the rest of the sponsors and PLAY BY THE RULES!

Quit talking smack from the side lines! Go home and play flag football.

CG

Hey I don't want to start a war with you but Brad has forgot more about this than you know bro. He is entitled to his oppinion, isn't he?

It almost seams like your made that some of these guys can half ass the
whole thing and still do well. Why spend any energy on these dudes that don't give enough of a shit to even read how to do it correctly or even worse, they do know and still don't do it correctly anyway?

Shit man, try growing at 51 years of age bro.:) Believe me it's all got to be spot on and even then you have to be in touch enough with yourself to know what works for you.
Sure I see the goof balls benching and curling Monday and by Wensday they are all shaped up because you don't see them again until next Monday. I feel like walking up to them and litterally pulling there "home boy" loose fitting mens figure shorts to the ground and telling them to "FIX THIS SHIT". These guys must look silly on the beach with legs the size of my calves. But then I just get back to a good place in my head and keep taking care of MY job there. Fixing me.

If there is anything I can share with you as a felllow BB that has been around a few more laps than yourself it would be to LET IT GO MAN........just let it go.

You want something to be mad at? Be made when you see children in high school on gear. Not at the kids, but at the fucking trash that got it to them.

Stepping off my soap box,

CG

Not really mad...per se, just annoyed or irritated a bit as of late. Brad -- he's great and perhaps maybe has forgot more than I know? I feel I am one of the most obsessive compulsive people in terms of BB'ing and have been through more in 12 years that some people go though in 25 yrs in regard to this game.

I simply got the impression that --- Brad 100% trained his ass off to get such a dense , crazy musculature and has been to the rigors of serious training. But I got the impression that now that he has better SPONSORS and more cred for cheaper or free items he is now kind of saying " shit I have all this ammo, I never could really finance consistently and now this BB'ing shit is cake walk" type of thing.......

I just KNOW if he combines that more consistent, powerful supplement plan w/ that crazy hard training he built himself up with --- he would be EVEN greater....that is all, I want to see good people ---> be GREAT.

I always think ---- if you are going to take all of this shit --peptides, G, slin, aas, fat burners, thyroid, SEO's yada yada yada --- dont fucking waste your health on NOTHING.

YOu sure as hell better maximize all those tools to the utmost, because like I said, what I waste of health and products, and yes of course some freaks will just use product and still blow people away, but they aren't being their BEST.

-FF

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner