over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yates and Layne not agreeing with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, actually i am not making any assumptions about his intellect, which i just said in the post above this. Did u read it? I said I DONT KNOW. All i know is that saying you are 6x Mr. O IS NOT A CREDENTIAL for why HIT IS THE BEST. THAT IS WHAT THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS ABOUT, SO HOW ABOUT WE KEEP IT ON THAT.

ok bro.........we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

No, and i never said that. Everyone is taking everything out of context and forgetting what was actually said. Like i've said multiple times, go read my posts. I just have a problem with using 6x Mr. O as a qualification for your knowledge.

And btw, credibility has nothing to do with knowledge. Plenty of coaches/trainers/"experts" who have credibility because of their own placing/pro status who are really not very knowledgeable. Again, as I said many times, they aren't pro because they know so much, they're pro (or Mr. O) because of genetics.

Layne uses his 'PhD' in something completely unrelated to just about anything he ever talks about as his qualification for his knowledge.

because it is oral DHT and will most definitely cause virilization and does nothing for maintaining muscle mass.

Wow, really? That's funny because not a single girl I know who has taken it did so to "maintain muscle mass".

Some of us know a little more about what the Angels, Bombshells and Fitness Factory girls do than you may think.

HOLY SHIT IS THAT A 32oz T-BONE STEAK ON THE COUNTER FOR DINNER ????? :D

Wow, really? That's funny because not a single girl I know who has taken it did so to "maintain muscle mass".

Some of us know a little more about what the Angels, Bombshells and Fitness Factory girls do than you may think.

You missed the point. lol.

I really like Layne, but he does have some things he needs to point out...he hates when people point out that his research was done on mice, but this is an important point because their amino acid metabolism is a different from humans (specifically with BCAAs) so he is still trying to extrapolate his findings to humans (basically it's just not as clear cut as he makes it out)

It seems like it's a popular thing now for scientists and bodybuilders to argue over very minute points...they want to argue about meal frequency, training frequency, importance of BCAAs, intraworkout shakes, etc....

Instead of acting like it's a religion to follow a protocol, most people just need to give each theory a try and see what works...I see stupid arguments made by both sides (I study neurobiology so I don't necessarily side with anyone lol)

I cant for the life of me understand whats so complicated that it needs to be argued over.

Step 1 - lift heavy shit a lot
step 2 - eat a bunch of food every time you get hungry
step 3 - add hormones and increase them as you grow
step 4 ?????
Step - 5 Profit!

As i said to phil, dont talk to me. Your comments are not welcome. Leave me alone. kthx

Man—you REAALLY took this thread down a notch didn't you.

no joke dude, you sound like a 13 year old girl in your posts....wipe the tears, move on and stop "defending yourself."

Back to Layne.

I actually think Layne is a super intelligent guy. He trains his ass off, knows his shit and works hard. BUT HE IS AN ASSHOLE.

Kinda has the Lyle McDonald syndrome...actually I like Lyle much more than I like Layne. But both guys are consistently ANGRY at the world and think they are god's gift to intelligence.

Layne and Dorian are just on two ends of the spectrum....science vs. real world "i've seen it" results. You have to have a mix of both...guys like John Meadows are the gold medal when it comes to that.

In my opinion, the only person to appropriately apply science to bodybuilding was Mike Mentzer. All these little nuances about specific ratios of bcaas and whatever else are pretty silly when you really think about it.

Is peri workout nutrition important? Absolutely, but the detail some people obsess over it is crazy sometimes.

I think John Meadows is actually pretty scientific now that I think about it. The way that he apply his knowledge and trust new things is pretty much the scientific method. The bonus is that he can explain himself without being an asshole and he can say it in a manner that anyone can understand.

Been reading some of this thread, really have not posted much lately...but I got my B.S. in both exercise science and minor in nutrition behavior (yes, they offered that as a minor)...and if I asked my PhD professor who has his background in nutritional sciences to prep me for a bodybuilding show because he had his PhD, I would get my ass kicked....just saying! But, I did respect the hell out of my professor, one smart cookie for sure and was an awesome college professor! I just feel science is a baseline for everything...after that apply WHAT works for YOUR body...just saying.

Oh and I am not touting my education background at all, that is not me. Just giving some insight/input to this thread. The college degree did help me get employed by a hospital...so my education was well worth that...bodybuilding is just been PART of my life on a competitive level and non competitive level...it didn't help get me employed lol :)

I really like Layne, but he does have some things he needs to point out...he hates when people point out that his research was done on mice, but this is an important point because their amino acid metabolism is a different from humans (specifically with BCAAs) so he is still trying to extrapolate his findings to humans (basically it's just not as clear cut as he makes it out)

Yup, makes me wonder about the quality of his degree and institution.

Instead of acting like it's a religion to follow a protocol, most people just need to give each theory a try and see what works...I see stupid arguments made by both sides (I study neurobiology so I don't necessarily side with anyone lol)

:yeahthat:

As for your studies, grad or undergrad?

But both guys are consistently ANGRY at the world and think they are god's gift to intelligence.

He's not really even as smart as he tries to make himself out to be, trying to extend his rat studies to humans and holding individual studies as a holy grail of truth. That's not how science works

Last edited:
didnt read this whole thread but jeez who would you hire to prep you dorian or layne... :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the only person to appropriately apply science to bodybuilding was Mike Mentzer. All these little nuances about specific ratios of bcaas and whatever else are pretty silly when you really think about it.

Is peri workout nutrition important? Absolutely, but the detail some people obsess over it is crazy sometimes.

I think John Meadows is actually pretty scientific now that I think about it. The way that he apply his knowledge and trust new things is pretty much the scientific method. The bonus is that he can explain himself without being an asshole and he can say it in a manner that anyone can understand.

Yep, as far as nutrition goes, he gets advice from a MD that, without question, knows what the fack he's talking about.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but I don't see why it's so unbelievable layne is natural. He's 5'10.5 and 190 on stage, and to add to that he has a big bone structure as well. I also think the pics posted of him earlier in the thread were in very favorable lighting that might make him look bigger than he actually is. Here's a pic of him 1 week out from stepping on stage from his facebook in 2010 (IFPA Cape Cod). Believable..I'd say.

**broken link removed**

Honestly if I saw him at the gym, I'd believe he's natural but again that doesn't mean anything. There are people with such shitty genetics that they barely look like that with using tons of gear. Then I know guys that could do a couple of partial reps, use a few substances in minute amounts, eat ok and look great. It's just so hard to tell. Also, on a side note, not picking on ya but, there is no such thing as big bone structure :D

didnt read this whole thread but jeez who would you hire to prep you dorian or layne... :rolleyes:

Definitely Dorian a living legend!

For what it's worth, I would take the advice of someone who is not genetically gifted and has had to eek out every bit of muscle and every bit of fat off their body with hard work and intelligence than someone who it comes easy to. It's like some bikini girl who already looked amazing before training and then she gives advice to girls who aren't so gifted on how to build an amazing butt...the gifted girl never had to try that hard to get it in the first place. It's like asking Nathalia Melo how to get a great butt if you have a pancake...she's the last person to tell you how because it's so easy for her. When I ask someone for advice, i want it from someone who was in my position, who had trouble, and who overcame it! Most people don't realize this, they just listen to people who have certain titles because they think that must make the super knowledgeable. This is running rampant in men's physique with all the new pros charging for their services.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but I don't see why it's so unbelievable layne is natural. He's 5'10.5 and 190 on stage, and to add to that he has a big bone structure as well. I also think the pics posted of him earlier in the thread were in very favorable lighting that might make him look bigger than he actually is. Here's a pic of him 1 week out from stepping on stage from his facebook in 2010 (IFPA Cape Cod). Believable..I'd say.

**broken link removed**

And I don't think Layne is completely trashing HIT like some of you are saying he's doing to Dorian. He's just saying that while HIT may work, in his opinion there are better training methods out there and he likes to back it up with science. On top of that, someone mentioned earlier that he talks poorly about those who use steroids. I've never once witnessed him post something negative about those who use AAS and I've followed him quite extensively on the boards. He trains regularly with Ben Pakulski and they are pretty good friends and Ben obviously is not natural.

OK based on that picture, he could be natural, unlikely, but definitely possible with good genetics.

HOWEVER, that PhD neglected to each him how to train his lats. :eek:

:banghead: CDjack do you mean to say that dorians physique came to him easily>@?!!?!?!!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!? come on man you know that isnt true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear