over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water Intake

You don't count water in your shakes which will help hydrate and keep kidney in better health regardless of protein content yet you will count powerade with All the crap and additives in it which will no doubt add stress (albeit minor) to your liver and kidneys.

I cannot comprehend how your thought process is working

So which is it? You count water in coffee, but you dont count it in protein shakes now? Why? Are both fluids?

Only reason I said that about coffee is because its a diuretic.

Bottom line if your urine isnt clear, you're not drinking enough water..

Read who I was quoting. All drinks/fluids containing water will contribute to hydration

Read who I was quoting. All drinks/fluids containing water will contribute to hydration

Yes they will. All I was saying was that I don't personally count them unless they are only water. Makes me drink more water in the end and ensure that I am well hydrated and cleansed daily[emoji106]

You have what it takes, but it will take all you got.

Coffee has caffeine which is a mild diuretic. Counterproductive.

if i drink straight shots of espresso , i probably would not count that as fluids. if i put it in 12 oz's of water and call it an americano then i am taking in more water then the diuretic effect it will have on me. as all tap water has fluoride and other thins in it i guess i can't count tap water as hydrating me either? if me pee is relatively clear and my tissues i.e. lips etc. are not dehydrated then i don't sweat the small stuff.

I have spoken with doctors during physicals and they all say water is water. If you add anything to it your body treats it differently. So no there is no substitute for pure water.

i don't see much sense it the theory that if i drink water with a meal that counts as water. but if i mix it with some thing then drink it it does not count as water. i am sure the reason that dr's say to drink water, other then the fact that that is what they were trained to say. is that most people will not track the water intake and would think 12 pepsi's/coke's a day should be sufficient. so dr's say drink water.

i don't see much sense it the theory that if i drink water with a meal that counts as water. but if i mix it with some thing then drink it it does not count as water. i am sure the reason that dr's say to drink water, other then the fact that that is what they were trained to say. is that most people will not track the water intake and would think 12 pepsi's/coke's a day should be sufficient. so dr's say drink water.

Good point.:)

if i drink straight shots of espresso , i probably would not count that as fluids. if i put it in 12 oz's of water and call it an americano then i am taking in more water then the diuretic effect it will have on me. as all tap water has fluoride and other thins in it i guess i can't count tap water as hydrating me either? if me pee is relatively clear and my tissues i.e. lips etc. are not dehydrated then i don't sweat the small stuff.

Well, when you have one kidney, you do sweat the small stuff. :cool:

Actually I disagree. After thinking about it a bit more, I think applies more to the concept of drinking water thru out the day. Yes you can drink water with a meal and your body sees it as nutrients/calories. But drinking water regularly all day long is different. I maintain there is no substitute for pure water. If you are mixing it with something then your body is busy processing whatever you are mixing instead of purely cleansing at that given time. Sodium, sugar, etc.

In fact I think it becomes clear when you think about, for instance, fasting blood work. If you consume ANYTHING other than pure water you body is doing something else with it rather that just hydrating/cleansing.

Last edited:
Well, when you have one kidney, you do sweat the small stuff. :cool:

very true. but i assumed we were talking about the average person/bb'er. and not some one with a special condition.

very true. but i assumed we were talking about the average person/bb'er. and not some one with a special condition.

True. Bottom line. I think the color of your pee is the best indicator of hydration.

Regular consumption of caffeine reduces the effect of the diuretic properties to a point they basically lose that affect.

You're suppose to drink half your body weight in ounces daily for normal hydration. If your piss is clear, you're good.

Not entirely true. If your piss is completely clear you're drinking too much. Urine is supposed to have a light straw color.

I have spoken with doctors during physicals and they all say water is water. If you add anything to it your body treats it differently. So no there is no substitute for pure water.

:yeahthat:

My mom has been a registered nurse for 30+ years and she told me a long time ago to hydrate based on the color of urine. Pee clear. I work in the sun all day and hydration is important. I have yet to find a doctor who argues this with me when questioning me how I know if I'm staying hydrated enough... If your pee is clear you are hydrated enough. If your pee is yellow keep drinking water.:star-wa:s

Couldn't agree more man!

I find if I drink a cup every hour along with other bevarages im always good to go.

I don't know if it is that simple or not. Thats what I always thought until I read otherwise somewhere. They stated that the purpose of water is to bathe your cells and that you wouldn't get the same effect if you bathed your cells in coffee as you would water. If you think about it, most fluids other than water have other effects on the body that can contribute to dehydration. So, while the water content of various beverages is beneficial, it isn't going to be as beneficial as straight water.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws