over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The freaks training split !

Freak1976

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
So I've been getting asked a lot about the training split I use so decided to share it with you guys. So I've tried and tinkered with many splits and have come dwn to this one and love it and been using it for a while and making great progress. I'm able to train all bodyparts twice a week except legs cause they take to much of a beating lol and I could probably train them every 5 days but it would mess up my split and don't find it worth it. My split allows you to recover in time to hit each bodypart again. 2-3 days between sessions and also nothing interferes with each other. Like ur not trainjn triceps day before chest or biceps day before back. But in order for this split to work it needs to be set in stone. Like I train the same days and take off the same days always ! If not it messes up the weekly rotation. I also like having one of my rest days after legs cause they really take a toll on the CNS and on our body's overall. Also like taking Sunday off cause it's a family day which im sure a lot of you can relate too. Also your nutrition espeically intrawrkout has be spot on and of course aas and gh wil help as well in order to recover for each session.. What's also so great about this split is that since trainjng bodyparts twice a wk your able to use differant execxises each time as we'll which I find helps stimulate growth. Like example first back day is chin ups while 2nd back day is pull dwns. Same kinda movement but different execution and it just hits the back a bit differant. Or 1st chest day start with incline bb and 2nd chest day flat. And so on. This also keeps things from Gettin stale too.

Training Split ( each session is 2 hours to be able to hit all bodyparts but since most are taking in carbs and eaas and using aas than we are able to train this long)

-Monday or day 1
Back , rear delts , traps and biceps ( back is 75 min)
-Tuesday or day 2
Chest , front and side delts and triceps ( chest is 60 min)
-Wednesday or day 3
Legs
-Thursday or day 4
Rest
-Friday or day 5
Same as day1 differant exercise though
-Saturday or day 6
Same as day 2 diff exercises
-Sunday or day 7
Rest.

Calves and abs trained everyday or eod

What supplements do you take daily?

that's awesome bro, would you detail what a typical back/rear delt/bicep workout looks like?

great having you here btw

Just a thought from someone who has been around a while, you may want to reconsider doing barbell work twice per week on chest. Even though the angle is changing, the wear and tear on your joints and soft tissue will add up over time. Just a thought. All the best.

JM

Thanks for sharing.

How many sets and reps do you do for each body part?

I've been enjoying Shelby's split ever since I saw him post it here, but I really like the way your routine is put together. Just might try it out, but my sessions will probably be a little less than 2 hrs. :D Do you do any forearm exercises, or not even bother? Thanks for sharing with us.

Last edited:
My coach has me doing this exact split. I have found that the trick to hitting a muscle twice a week is not mashing it but just taking one set to true failure with a few working warm up sets. Is this how your doing it?

CG

Just a thought from someone who has been around a while, you may want to reconsider doing barbell work twice per week on chest. Even though the angle is changing, the wear and tear on your joints and soft tissue will add up over time. Just a thought. All the best.

JM

Ya I'm sure your right JM I guess only 5 years trainin it hasn't caught up to me. But main point I was making was being able to swithchin it up training twice a wk anyways. One day start incline movement and 2 nd day flat. Or u could even first day incline bb and 2nd day incline hammer or db whatever u prefer. Being able to switch up exercises twice a wk I find helps a lot. And Hope your doing well brotha.!

I've been enjoying Shelby's split ever since I saw him post it here, but I really like the way your routine is put together. Just might try it out, but my sessions will probably be a little less than 2 hrs. :D Do you do any forearm exercises, or not even bother? Thanks for sharing with us.

Ya bro u can def shorten it up. Less sets etc. I like vloume. A lot of Time it's 4 sets per exercise. Forearm I don't bother. They get worked from lifting heavy ass weight lol and hammer curls. U can def do some of u like though nothing wrong with that

My coach has me doing this exact split. I have found that the trick to hitting a muscle twice a week is not mashing it but just taking one set to true failure with a few working warm up sets. Is this how your doing it?

CG

He does eh? Hmmmmmmmmm. Where did he find this split? Hmmmmmmmm. Hahahha jk bro. Ya u can def do that. Or like u can do say one day heavy day lower reps than next one higher reps. Mayen even chmage up amount of sets. Or one day is free weights and next is machines. My self I train failure evey set and high voulume every wrkout. Some will say that's to much but for me I like it and it worx. As long as your Gettin rest and nutrion is uk to par than should be ok. I don't train more than 3 days in a row. I believe in rest esp aft leg day. Everyone has a diff view on things bro. Like I always say " to each ther own ". Find what works for you. U need to try diff approaches. This is what I found worx for me.

Thanks for sharing.

How many sets and reps do you do for each body part?

3-4 sets on most exercises. Mostky 4. Back and legs around 24 sets. Chest 14. Arms 9-12. And I vary reps. As low as 6 on compounds and as high as 15. Even 25 for legs. I like varrying me reps a lot. I usually just do 1 lower rep set as on first on compounds to keep strong and hit those diff fibres. than pyramid dwn. Next set 8-10 than 10-12 than 12-15 to finish it off and get lots blood on there. The lighter I go the more mind muscle connection I can get. Dnt get me wrong though its lighter but not light lol.

He does eh? Hmmmmmmmmm. Where did he find this split? Hmmmmmmmm. Hahahha jk bro. Ya u can def do that. Or like u can do say one day heavy day lower reps than next one higher reps. Mayen even chmage up amount of sets. Or one day is free weights and next is machines. My self I train failure evey set and high voulume every wrkout. Some will say that's to much but for me I like it and it worx. As long as your Gettin rest and nutrion is uk to par than should be ok. I don't train more than 3 days in a row. I believe in rest esp aft leg day. Everyone has a diff view on things bro. Like I always say " to each ther own ". Find what works for you. U need to try diff approaches. This is what I found worx for me.

FREAK, thanks for having this q+a!

CG

Last edited:
3-4 sets on most exercises. Mostky 4. Back and legs around 24 sets. Chest 14. Arms 9-12. And I vary reps. As low as 6 on compounds and as high as 15. Even 25 for legs. I like varrying me reps a lot. I usually just do 1 lower rep set as on first on compounds to keep strong and hit those diff fibres. than pyramid dwn. Next set 8-10 than 10-12 than 12-15 to finish it off and get lots blood on there. The lighter I go the more mind muscle connection I can get. Dnt get me wrong though its lighter but not light lol.

Thanks for explaining.

2 hours per workout can definitely be a lot for some, but I like your split a lot. If you don't mind me asking, what does your intra workout drink look like?

If your einchanced and taking in carbs and eaas which u prob should be than its not long at all unless u don't have that kinda time u mean. My Intra is the usual. Hbcd. Eaas. Creatine. Bcaas

I'm just the opposite. I get more mind/muscle connection and focus when I go heavy 4-6 reps. I tend to lose focus when I go higher reps 12-21.

Ya I'm sure your right JM I guess only 5 years trainin it hasn't caught up to me. But main point I was making was being able to swithchin it up training twice a wk anyways. One day start incline movement and 2 nd day flat. Or u could even first day incline bb and 2nd day incline hammer or db whatever u prefer. Being able to switch up exercises twice a wk I find helps a lot. And Hope your doing well brotha.!

Only 5 year? Congratulation.

I'm just the opposite. I get more mind/muscle connection and focus when I go heavy 4-6 reps. I tend to lose focus when I go higher reps 12-21.
I found this to be true for myself as well. But I switch things up back and fourth. Unless the weight is heavy for me, I don't feel it all the way from the stretch to the contraction. Like you said, focus is lost.

Hi Paulo.

Thanks for sharing the split.

Based on your split, it seems that you feel like frequency is very important. Do you find you grow best training each muscle each 3-4 days, vs once every 7 days?

Not many pros that I'm aware of train each muscle group each 3-4 days.... but I can see where that would be beneficial if you can handle it.

Have you tried the modern popular split, that many pros follow, where you just hit a muscle group once every 7 days? Such as...
1) Chest
2) Back
3) Shoulders
4) Arms
5) Quads
6) Hams

Thanks

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views