over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

16:8 intermittent fasting

Studies (I'm out with clients can't look it up on phone) show that muscle protein breakdown does not start until around 72 hours. Some show less but never less than 24hrs. There is no risk of catabolism with the way most people do intermittent fasting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

cortisol and training fasted..

im quite certain that your body would enter a state of catabolism if you would forgo eating for 16 hours..

I think the incresed insulin sensitivity and rebound effect maker up for this from experiance. I won't be doing if myself at all as I would struggle getting in my macros with my life style and fast metabolism but can see benifits. I think the biggest problem with if is a lot of its advocates try to sell it as the be all and end all rather than an alternative path to the same destination. I did have some good recomp effects with eat stop eat when i was natural but feel I need constant feeding on good doses of gear. The tren takes care of any recomp anyway and fasting on tren impossible for me, I'll cave in and binge to fuck after 12 hours when blood sugar hits rock bottom.

Studies (I'm out with clients can't look it up on phone) show that muscle protein breakdown does not start until around 72 hours. Some show less but never less than 24hrs. There is no risk of catabolism with the way most people do intermittent fasting.

this study was done on massive bodybuilders who use considerable doses of aas?

or people who have never seen the inside of a gym before?

this study was done on massive bodybuilders who use considerable doses of aas?

or people who have never seen the inside of a gym before?

In both cases I don't see why either would go catabolic especially the juicers.

cortisol and training fasted..

im quite certain that your body would enter a state of catabolism if you would forgo eating for 16 hours..

The body doesn't become catabolic even if one didn't eat for a day or two.

no, I have not.

it you want to be good at something, you should look at those who are better/the best at it.

do you think any of the mass monsters use intermittent fasting? if no, why do you think that is? I mean.. not eating every two hours would definitely be a much more convenient approach... but there must be some reason why they aren't using that method...?

could it be that not eating for 16 hours out of the day is not conducive to growth?

With all due respect, "mass monsters" have no clue about nutrition (hire people to do the thinking for them) and then die in their 40's and 50's!!!

For me the thoughts of food and hunger pangs give me anxiety to need to eat and when I do my stomach hates me and I feel exhausted after. I do so much better even eating a deficit but eating hi protein like 40-50 g every 4 hr I'll be happy and fine. Oh and lots of gum.

I'm fasting 18-20hrs a day. No loss of muscle. If anything I look fuller and leaner. You guys worried about easily losing muscle must be fooled by a glycogen pump and you're not carrying the LBM you think you are. Catabolic while on anabolics!? Seems highly unlikely! ;)

From a bodybuilding standpoint, I think people have way overcomplicated diets. If you look at guys like Dorian Yates who had a pretty simple plan for an off season diet; it centered around a clean caloric surplus with high protein. Ask Dante how you get big; he'll tell you to up your calories (especially protein), and up the weight you're lifting in the gym. Ask John Meadows; Caloric surplus, nutrient timing is very important, and a proper training is vital. For health, and for non-bodybuilding purposes, I've heard some very good things about IF, in fact there's evidence that low caloric intake is often linked to longevity. From a bodybuilding standpoint, where a vast majority of guys simply need to grow, and get bigger; there's better approaches.

I just started playing around with this and find it much easier to diet. I get my exact cals and don't cheat bc my last meal is the biggest and that's when I normally would cheat. I'm never hungry in the mornings anyway so my first meal is at 1pm I train at 2 and last meal is around 9-10pm. Only about 12-13hrs fast but eating all my cals in 3-4 meals makes it way easier for me to diet.

I've used only for leaning out and it works wonderfully. Be sure to make sure the training falls just before, or in the beginning of the eating window. My job is too physical to adhere to the exact fasting time, but the principles can still be applied and tweaked.

i posted a thread on a style of IF i thought would work and got bashed i will bump to get some of your opinions now

Anyone done IF with keto? (Assuming one was just going for leanness, not gaining)

I've done IF before with decent results. Currently doing a traditional ketogenic diet. Wondering how the 2 might work together?

Anyone done IF with keto? (Assuming one was just going for leanness, not gaining)

I've done IF before with decent results. Currently doing a traditional ketogenic diet. Wondering how the 2 might work together?

Yes. Its all I do...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
From a bodybuilding standpoint, I think people have way overcomplicated diets. If you look at guys like Dorian Yates who had a pretty simple plan for an off season diet; it centered around a clean caloric surplus with high protein. Ask Dante how you get big; he'll tell you to up your calories (especially protein), and up the weight you're lifting in the gym. Ask John Meadows; Caloric surplus, nutrient timing is very important, and a proper training is vital. For health, and for non-bodybuilding purposes, I've heard some very good things about IF, in fact there's evidence that low caloric intake is often linked to longevity. From a bodybuilding standpoint, where a vast majority of guys simply need to grow, and get bigger; there's better approaches.

Haaaa...ok

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466615808010.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466615808010.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 235

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466616011576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466616011576.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 245
Yes. Its all I do...

Cool. So you just fill in all the macros from your keto in the eating window I guess. Do you train AM or PM?

I have to train 1st thing in the morning, so I was thinking my window would be post workout starting, and ending several hours before bed. Thinking that might be hard in terms of will power (but maybe better for fat burning?)

They are slaves to the bro science. We all were at one point or another. Change is hard for many.

it just seems logical for guys to follow what the greats of our sport do. I don't EVER recall Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler or any top guy fasting besides when they sleep.... literally seems like exact opposite of what they should do.
-F2S

Haaaa...ok

You got a badass physique bro, I'm just saying this approach might not be best for a lot of people, especially those with a smaller appetite who simply can't fit enough food in that short window.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws