over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raising HDL

I've been taking Red Yeast Rice for the past year or so, but not sure if it's helped.

I think cardio and a cholesterol friendly diet is what's helped my numbers. HDL for me has always been the biggest concern.

So what you're really saying is that you haven't had blood work in at least a year? Bad idea!

So what you're really saying is that you haven't had blood work in at least a year? Bad idea!

I believe he is in the northeast like myself. They've recently made it so we can't order our own labs anymore. I've only been able to get blood work twice a year now. Once for my yearly physical with work and one with my personal doc. It really sucks. I use to go every two months. My last physical my HDL was 14. Total was 97 I think. It was really low. After two months of TRT dosing, diet changes and cardio I was back up to 45.

Dante said in the mountain dog Facebook group that fish oil, krill oil, and citrus bergamot at 500 am and pm is the three best things that will do the most for raising hdl and lowering ldl

I though Citrus Bergamot won't work unless taken on an empty stomach.

People with high HDL levels tend to have a false sense of security on the forums.

I looked thru it quickly because im in a rush but thats how you read that?

From what I saw it was clear cut

The people with the lowest HDL from 0-40 died the soonest....and thats what is in this forum a slew of people who have low HDL in the 10's 20's 30's

Conversely the people with the highest HDL BUT ALSO THE HIGHEST OVERALL CHOLESTEROL TOO also died the soonest meaning what we have already covered and already have known......their LDL and trygl's were sky high.....which means if your LDL and trygl's are sky high no amount of high HDL is going to help you.....

What does citrus bergamot do? it pretty much acts like Metformin in alot of ways by lowering blood sugar across the board, lowering LDL, Trygl's, and raising HDL

1.High Quality Fish oil(10G/day).

2.Sprints.

3.Fruits and Vegetables.

4.Remove Dairy Products from diet.

5.Eat a low carb diet, but eat fruits and Vegetables in good amount each day.

Last edited:

The people with the lowest HDL from 0-40 died the soonest....and thats what is in this forum a slew of people who have low HDL in the 10's 20's 30's

Conversely the people with the highest HDL BUT ALSO THE HIGHEST OVERALL CHOLESTEROL TOO also died the soonest meaning what we have already covered and already have known......their LDL and trygl's were sky high.....which means if your LDL and trygl's are sky high no amount of high HDL is going to help you.....

What does citrus bergamot do? it pretty much acts like Metformin in alot of ways by lowering blood sugar across the board, lowering LDL, Trygl's, and raising HDL

No I know, and I do everything possible to raise HDL too. I was really trying to say there are other things people need to worry about other than raising HDL. Of course that's one of them, but a good HDL and bad everything else shouldn't provide a sense of security. I used to write over and over how the VAP test was the most important, but sadly that was discontinued. Now, the NMR Lipoprotein test is more effective than the standard lipid panel.

Last edited:

Hold on a second here, when you break down the baseline statistics breakdown you see total cholesterol go up by ~10 mg/dl per 10 mg/HDL increase which would mean LDL and trigs stay about the same. Am I overlooking something here?

Oh and I'm taking citrus bergamot but not seeing change? I'm only taking 500mg/day though.

Last edited:
Confused. What does the following mean:

 5,108 participants in the detailed Canadian Community Health Survey
showed higher HDL cholesterol levels associated with lifestyle:
– Lower BMI (<25 kg/m2)
– Moderate physical activity (≥30 minutes walking/day)
– Fruit and vegetable consumptions (≥5 servings/day)
– Heavy alcohol use (≥5 drinks per occasion at least once a month
during the year preceding the survey )

Other than the heavy alcohol use, this looks positive to me. Are they implying that these (5,108) participants aren't to be considered part of the "U" with the higher mortality rate?

Hold on a second here, when you break down the baseline statistics breakdown you see total cholesterol go up by ~10 mg/dl per 10 mg/HDL increase which would mean LDL and trigs stay about the same. Am I overlooking something here?

Oh and I'm taking citrus bergamot but not seeing change? I'm only taking 500mg/day though.

I got to look at it again....I looked at it quickly earlier today....Im going to try to reverse engineer it when i have a chance

Its LDL+HDL+(triglycerides/5)...so Ill see if I can estimate some averages

My position on this is this:

Noone and i mean noone completely understands this good cholesterol bad cholesterol paradox.....IMO you go after CRP/inflammation as the top priority (curcumin) and try your best to keep HDL LDL trygl's and cholesterol in the present guidelines until science can figure this all out. They dont have it figured out.....especially in the last 2 years with the science that has been brought forward..its been plainly shown they dont have it figurd out. Obviously it looks like having extremely low HDL isnt healthy.....and I would say a majority of the oral using AAS members of pro muscle are walking around with single digit or low HDL numbers. If someone wanted to add them up, there seems to be a preponderance of heart disease in older AAS pro bodybuilders....a huge amount of the 70's and 80's bodybuilders have died from heart attacks or had bypass surgery (Coe, Padilla, Mattarrazzo(dead), Grymkowski, etc etc etc etc..many etc's if i started naming them all)....dball was once a favorite of all these old pro's and my theory is its widespread usage (extremely low HDL) and 70's and 80's bodybuilders lack of control of anything estrogen wise both while on and the skewered ratio they suffered when they cleaned out<---they used nothing to control any estrogen issues.....could very well be the culprit of the heart disease. So unless someone in this forum can prove to me that having HDL levels in the single/low double digits for prolonged periods of time as the bodybuilding community is presently doing nowadays is HEALTHY....I would probably advise to err on the side of caution and try to get HDL normalized, LDL and trygl's low.

The huge Niacin failure is what spurred everyone to rethink all of this....I just think its russian roullette to think "well lets let AAS and ancilliaries like anti arom's drive HDL down into the single digits because hell we dont know" when we have alot of bodies piling up with people who had plummeted HDL for years on end in the bodybuilding world.

My mind works like this. I think its very rare for a natural compound to have a great effect healthwise one way and then dire effects the other way. So when i see citrus bergamot lower blood sugar in people as a herb, raises HDL, lowers LDL and tryglycerides....I have a hard time thinking "awesome it lowers blood sugar which has proven to add years to your life"...and "well it might be raising the bad aspects of HDL" so WATCH OUT.....I could be wrong but I doubt it

Last edited:
So...back on my point. What should I use to raise my HDL?

What supps can I try?

So unless someone in this forum can prove to me that having HDL levels in the single/low double digits for prolonged periods of time as the bodybuilding community is presently doing nowadays is HEALTHY....I would probably advise to err on the side of caution and try to get HDL normalized, LDL and trygl's low

I agree with this mostly, the thing I think we might be missing is that there might actually be healthy ranges instead of upper and lower limits for LDL and HDL, that would also explain the U curve on HDL and mortality.

What would an LDL Of 10mg/dl do to your health? There's been suspicion those kind of levels will increase cancer risk, hemorrhagic stroke and other health issues. Although this hasn't been extensively studied yet.

Another interesting tidbit is that there are people with familial hypercholesterolemia with a 0 calcium score, so obviously we are missing a piece of the puzzle.

I though Citrus Bergamot won't work unless taken on an empty stomach.

It should be taken on an empty stomach. Where in there did i say take it with food?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131