over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really wanna go down that route? Then all of the millions of bums who can't take care of themselves and rely on welfare need to go, too.

At what point is it everyones job to save everyone's from everything? Is the sole goal of humanity to make everyone live as long as possible at all expense? So then we should ban Fast food, we should have stricter laws (if your somewhat dangerous you should be locked up you may kill someone), we should ban alcohol, we should make ciggerates illegal, motorcycles illegal, cars should not be able to go over 35mph etc, we should have lockdowns every year because every year old people die from the flu. At what point is it considered insanity? I consider this lockdown past that point just like the things I listed that I would assume all agree are insanity.

I guess as society has evolved in the past 100 years we fear death more and more. What if we had this mindset back in the days of caveman, who would have went to hunt food? Someone might die.

At what point is it everyones job to save everyone's from everything? Is the sole goal of humanity to make everyone live as long as possible at all expense? So then we should ban Fast food, we should have stricter laws (if your somewhat dangerous you should be locked up you may kill someone), we should ban alcohol, we should make ciggerates illegal, motorcycles illegal, cars should not be able to go over 35mph etc, we should have lockdowns every year because every year old people die from the flu. At what point is it considered insanity? I consider this lockdown past that point just like the things I listed that I would assume all agree are insanity.

I guess as society has evolved in the past 100 years we fear death more and more. What if we had this mindset back in the days of caveman, who would have went to hunt food? Someone might die.
There are laws now designed to stop people from unintentionally killing or hurting others and we don't fight those. Like speed limits on the nation's roads. Drunk driving is illegal. Should it be legal for someone to have target practice with their riffle or pistol in the middle of a busy neighborhood? Going out with the virus and infecting others is causing others harm, even though its not intentional. Those folks could die now. In about 1 month the hospital will be geared up and more able to handle the case load, and then we ease up on things. Are you telling me that you cant make it another 2 weeks with these restrictions? If you aren't able to financially then thats your fault for not preparing for something like this. Everyone should have a "rainy day fund".

There are laws now designed to stop people from unintentionally killing or hurting others and we don't fight those. Like speed limits on the nation's roads. Drunk driving is illegal. Should it be legal for someone to have target practice with their riffle or pistol in the middle of a busy neighborhood? Going out with the virus and infecting others is causing others harm, even though its not intentional. Those folks could die now. In about 1 month the hospital will be geared up and more able to handle the case load, and then we ease up on things. Are you telling me that you cant make it another 2 weeks with these restrictions? If you aren't able to financially then thats your fault for not preparing for something like this. Everyone should have a "rainy day fund".

What is another 2 weeks going to do? What is the criteria for when we can open things back up? Remember, the entire world is now in lockdown from 1 person originally getting the virus; so how can you open up anything until there is either a vaccine or no cases?

You must not be following the unemployment rate skyrocketing... So it’s fair to say that it’s someone’s fault for not having a rainy day fund but it’s not someone’s fault for making shitty health choices that make them more susceptible to this virus (I know that’s not the case for everyone, but sure as hell is for a lot of people, including partially you)? That’s a bit hypocritical..

Tons of companies are laying people off.. I know a couple dozen people personally who’ve been completely laid off from work, not just out of work for now.. And that number is rising by the hour.

To lock up and shut down an entire country for this is absolutely ridiculous.. Look at the numbers! It’s only affecting a small portion of the population in general and an even smaller portion critically... It’s literally like saying it’s against the law to go out when it’s raining because you might get struck by lightning..

Stop with the stuff CNN and Fox feed you.. They’re only ever going to give edited and narrative fitting news with the absolute worst case scenario.. For a week already they’ve been saying our country will be like Italy or worse by a week’s time.. Well guess what! It’s been a week and everything is perfectly fine with the exception of the economy taking a nose dive..

We’re going to see how you and others feel if this shit keeps going and crime rates spike and you fear for your life in a different way...

What is another 2 weeks going to do? What is the criteria for when we can open things back up? Remember, the entire world is now in lockdown from 1 person originally getting the virus; so how can you open up anything until there is either a vaccine or no cases?
The lockdown or social distancing measures have been done to buy time. Time to 1) get more data about the mortality rate, 2) find treatments and produce necessary medications at scale, 3) increase ICU capacity, 4) produce more PPE, 5) scale up testing capabilites 6) prepare the population mentally for mass casualties. We arguably need a couple more weeks for the above, after which we can use other measures, such as isolating only the old and weak and letting younger people back to work. Lockdowns may then need to be reestablished in specific locations only.

Trump gets it. Yes, in the short term the drastic measures were justified. But after a couple of weeks we can and should scale them back since the marginal benefits no longer outweigh the costs. Easter may be a bit early, but at least he gave a time line to show the people that this is only temporary.

Just texted with a buddy of mine who works in one of the biggest hospitals here in South FL..

The media will tell you our area has the most cases behind NY and the fastest rising cases etc...

Here’s what he had to say;

Attachments

• 3F4E4B08-3DD9-49A3-9EBA-7B01C0CEF0FA.jpeg
    3F4E4B08-3DD9-49A3-9EBA-7B01C0CEF0FA.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 45
  • 1F6E95FC-6077-4917-8C75-6047D49E701D.jpeg
    1F6E95FC-6077-4917-8C75-6047D49E701D.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
I may be nobody but let’s settle down a bit. Yes some people make bad financial and bad health decisions, but that doesn’t make them less of a person nor less worthy of help. I hate to see battle lines being drawn. I am one who is currently healthy but at very real risk for poverty with young kids if the shutdown extends another 4 to 8 weeks, depending on how many stimulus checks we get and amount. I should have made better financial decisions, no doubt about it and now I and my family may pay the price and yes I am angry at that. But I don’t want to see others die from this and as much as I want to protect my wife and kids I don’t want to become bitter and lack compassion for others. And I have already failed at that many times in my thoughts and attitude.

I am not going to say we will get through this. Folks will die and families will be knocked into poverty. But we don’t have to attack and brutalize each other. I can’t change stupid things I have done but I can choose not to be bitter man, but man that is a hard choice.

Just texted with a buddy of mine who works in one of the biggest hospitals here in South FL..

The media will tell you our area has the most cases behind NY and the fastest rising cases etc...

Here’s what he had to say;
Is your buddy a doctor or a cafeteria worker at that hospital? Speaking to real doctors including my son, I get a different opinion; told not to panic but stay at home as much as possible to minimize exposure, keep distance in public, keep sanitary etc.

Look, yes this is bad for the economy. I'm actually starting to stress whether my company will exist after this. But I understand the need for social distancing. I'm hoping people will learn how to behave and be cautious in public, and that in a short time things will open up again even if the virus is still there, but by then people will be taking it seriously, be aware of how to behave in public to minimize everyone's risk and life can resume while we successfully battle the virus.

If some of these idiots that travelled didn't ignore the self quarantine orders we probably wouldn't be in this situation now.

We all know the media over exaggerate, lie and usually have an agenda. I have just seen a pic of a reporter in a full lab suit with face mask etc and the camera man is stood there with normal clothes and not even a mask. That fact still doesn't mean this virus outbreak isn't bad with the potential to be disastrous (already seen in multiple countries). I also agree restrictions need to ease off soon with common sense used. Things such as the most vulnerable self isolate and others try to help them the best they can.

Its funny how a little more than 20 years ago, Michael Jordan had his legendary game in the NBA finals in a packed arena, where he supposedly had the flu; and people worshiped him like he was a hero for that performance. By today's standards he would be viewed as a murderer.

Is your buddy a doctor or a cafeteria worker at that hospital? Speaking to real doctors including my son, I get a different opinion; told not to panic but stay at home as much as possible to minimize exposure, keep distance in public, keep sanitary etc.

Look, yes this is bad for the economy. I'm actually starting to stress whether my company will exist after this. But I understand the need for social distancing. I'm hoping people will learn how to behave and be cautious in public, and that in a short time things will open up again even if the virus is still there, but by then people will be taking it seriously, be aware of how to behave in public to minimize everyone's risk and life can resume while we successfully battle the virus.

If some of these idiots that travelled didn't ignore the self quarantine orders we probably wouldn't be in this situation now.

He’s a nurse..

And I understand what you’re saying but at the same time, this isn’t sustainable..

Yes no one is saying not to be cautious but if you listen to the media they want you to believe that you’re contagious while having no symptoms and symptoms don’t appear for 100 days, it stays on surfaces for 93 days and can sustain the temperatures of the sun and that you can pass it on from staring at someone through a telescope... C’mon that’s such panic horse shit...

Yes we can all do our part, the vast majority of us would be fine if we got it, why not do like what some other countries are doing and allow people to build up immunity? And those who are susceptible stay in and quarantine?

There’s much more productive ways to do this.. Shutting everything down isn’t the smart way for the long run.. I mean realistically speaking, trying to contain a virus is more complicated than just social distancing.. As someone said above, what’s a couple weeks going to really do? Absolutely nothing but delay the inevitable WHILE making the economy take a shit in the process so it actually makes things twice as hard/bad..

The only ways I see that really work are;

1. Shut down the entire country completely, for as long as necessary to eradicate every single case, complete lockdown of everyone and their freedoms. Allow them to not have to pay any bills and have the government supply food and water etc and guarantee that no one is to be fired or laid off and the economy can pick back up where it left off etc..

Impossible, right? Right...

2. Create a real and reliable vaccine to eradicate the virus... Impossible to do in any decent amount of time.. The 18 month target is 3x faster than the average vaccine as it is.. Not happening..

3. Allow it to take its course and the population to build immunity while keeping the economy going before we drag ourselves into another Great Depression or worse where health care will be terrible and deaths will occur anyway, crime will rise etc..

This half in half out method is just making things worse, it’s still a health concern and now you’ve got millions of Americans out of work...

It’s better to be broke/homeless and sick/dying than just dying/sick by itself I suppose...

Or put another way, we value life more than we did 100 years ago.

The book I am reading now "The Better Angels of our Nature" discusses this in depth.

It wasn't too long ago that people starved to death their children in favor of the stronger ones, that it was perfectly legal to beat and rape your wife, that children were sent into coal mines because the tunnels were too small for adults.
Public executions were entertainment (in France they used to "buy" criminals from neighboring towns so they could provide entertainment for their citizens).
Liberal Democracies (liberal as in Hobbes & Locke, not AOC) have improved the quality of life everywhere.

Some people like to lament the "weakness" of today's culture and long for the past, thinking things are so bad now.
In truth modern society is more peaceful and just than ever before.

It is in everyone's best interests as a society to take care of those we can.
If the system is flawed, it should be improved, not abandoned.

Its funny how a little more than 20 years ago, Michael Jordan had his legendary game in the NBA finals in a packed arena, where he supposedly had the flu; and people worshiped him like he was a hero for that performance. By today's standards he would be viewed as a murderer.

I brought this up to a friend when this whole Corona thing started.

More hospital beds, more ventilators, and a drug treatment protocol along with a supply chain. Right now the hospitals are handicapped.

The lockdown or social distancing measures have been done to buy time. Time to 1) get more data about the mortality rate, 2) find treatments and produce necessary medications at scale, 3) increase ICU capacity, 4) produce more PPE, 5) scale up testing capabilites 6) prepare the population mentally for mass casualties. We arguably need a couple more weeks for the above, after which we can use other measures, such as isolating only the old and weak and letting younger people back to work. Lockdowns may then need to be reestablished in specific locations only.

Trump gets it. Yes, in the short term the drastic measures were justified. But after a couple of weeks we can and should scale them back since the marginal benefits no longer outweigh the costs. Easter may be a bit early, but at least he gave a time line to show the people that this is only temporary.

exactly!!!!

You must not be following the unemployment rate skyrocketing... So it’s fair to say that it’s someone’s fault for not having a rainy day fund but it’s not someone’s fault for making shitty health choices that make them more susceptible to this virus (I know that’s not the case for everyone, but sure as hell is for a lot of people, including partially you)? That’s a bit hypocritical..

Tons of companies are laying people off.. I know a couple dozen people personally who’ve been completely laid off from work, not just out of work for now.. And that number is rising by the hour.

To lock up and shut down an entire country for this is absolutely ridiculous.. Look at the numbers! It’s only affecting a small portion of the population in general and an even smaller portion critically... It’s literally like saying it’s against the law to go out when it’s raining because you might get struck by lightning..

Stop with the stuff CNN and Fox feed you.. They’re only ever going to give edited and narrative fitting news with the absolute worst case scenario.. For a week already they’ve been saying our country will be like Italy or worse by a week’s time.. Well guess what! It’s been a week and everything is perfectly fine with the exception of the economy taking a nose dive..

We’re going to see how you and others feel if this shit keeps going and crime rates spike and you fear for your life in a different way...
Most of the jobs will come back. The people arent being fired, it's a lay off. Once things pick back up they will be back on payroll. Its not like they have to start all over and find a new job. My buddy that runs a machine shop layed off a few but said he will have them back once things pick up.

Most of the jobs will come back. The people arent being fired, it's a lay off. Once things pick back up they will be back on payroll. Its not like they have to start all over and find a new job. My buddy that runs a machine shop layed off a few but said he will have them back once things pick up.

No that’s not what it means at all.. Look it up.. Your buddy is nice and probably will take those people back and they probably have established relationships etc, but for the vast majority of people it’s not like things are going to pick up right where they left off.. Employers are not bound by legal contract to take anyone back..

The unemployment in the US was what, like 3.5% before this happened? The economy, like Trump said, is still solid underneath this situation we are facing now. It is fundamentally sound. Unemployment was down and for the first time in awhile blue collar jobs had a real pay raise. That should all come back once this is over. Its not like all of the conditions that set that up for us are gone now.

No that’s not what it means at all.. Look it up.. Your buddy is nice and probably will take those people back and they probably have established relationships etc, but for the vast majority of people it’s not like things are going to pick up right where they left off.. Employers are not bound by legal contract to take anyone back..
No, but once the quarantine measures are withdrawn business is going to come back rather fast. It wont be all at once, but over the course of several months. Those employers are all going to need more workers again. In my friend's machine shop he has a LOT of trouble finding good men that will always show up to work and do their job well. Lots of losers out there that show up late or don't come in at all, for whatever reasons. He is sure as hell going to call up the workers he let go and get them back when he needs them. Why the heck would he want to go search for new employees and have to train them, screen them, etc? Jobs are going to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner