over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GSP vs BJ Penn fight night

I like Penn, but I think GSP is going to totally dominate this fight and it will not end by decision. I think Penn is gonna get pushed around and he will just be surviving the whole fight...."imo."

The way GSP has improved since their last fight, man-handling everybody who stepped in front of him, gotten bigger and stronger, faster, and more experienced......I don't think BJ has a chance....."imo.";)

I can't wait for the fight though, this is a big one, and I like both guys, so I don't care who wins:)

BMJ

I see GSP out wrestling BJ all day. Bj's bjj is tops but it doesn't matter when you have an athlete like GSP who has A. way too much strength to capitalize on B. his wrestling is better than Bjs jitsu (which will result in a complete domination in terms of control) C. will wear BJ down to nothing. There's no way BJ's endurance will top GSPs. Not to mention he's bumping up in weight, and the "real" penn is at 155. Bj's hands are great but I only see him being a threat to GSP in the first round maybe second, after that, if it goes that far, GSP will win the later rounds without a doubt. For anyone who actually does mma, wrestling, jj, whatever as opposed to watching and thinking you might know, will understand that jiu jitsu opens a lot spots for anyone who can out wrestle their opponent, saying that bj will be taking risks looking for an omaplata or something but GSP is looking for subs and avoiding them and thus will find an opening and come through with great gnp. That's where he'll impose his will, on a tired GSP (as I said stamina will be one of the most important thing in this fight). Also, bj likes to throw the jab and has great boxing but GSP with his unorthodox kicking will take advantage of that and setup counters beautifully. For anyone saying GSP's not mentally in it, that's bs. BJ seemed more nervous to me in the interviews, talking a whole lot. I've been fighting mma/boxing for years at a pro level along with judo jiu jitsu and know for a fact, when guys run their mouths, it's usually out of the fact they're nervous. GSP beat him in the day when he was half of what he is now so I think that's good for him. He wasn't scared then and as a fighter he's only gotten better. I think it's going to be a great fight but don't see how Penn could win it

I see GSP out wrestling BJ all day. Bj's bjj is tops but it doesn't matter when you have an athlete like GSP who has A. way too much strength to capitalize on B. his wrestling is better than Bjs jitsu (which will result in a complete domination in terms of control) C. will wear BJ down to nothing. There's no way BJ's endurance will top GSPs. Not to mention he's bumping up in weight, and the "real" penn is at 155. Bj's hands are great but I only see him being a threat to GSP in the first round maybe second, after that, if it goes that far, GSP will win the later rounds without a doubt. For anyone who actually does mma, wrestling, jj, whatever as opposed to watching and thinking you might know, will understand that jiu jitsu opens a lot spots for anyone who can out wrestle their opponent, saying that bj will be taking risks looking for an omaplata or something but GSP is looking for subs and avoiding them and thus will find an opening and come through with great gnp. That's where he'll impose his will, on a tired GSP (as I said stamina will be one of the most important thing in this fight). Also, bj likes to throw the jab and has great boxing but GSP with his unorthodox kicking will take advantage of that and setup counters beautifully. For anyone saying GSP's not mentally in it, that's bs. BJ seemed more nervous to me in the interviews, talking a whole lot. I've been fighting mma/boxing for years at a pro level along with judo jiu jitsu and know for a fact, when guys run their mouths, it's usually out of the fact they're nervous. GSP beat him in the day when he was half of what he is now so I think that's good for him. He wasn't scared then and as a fighter he's only gotten better. I think it's going to be a great fight but don't see how Penn could win it

Your pretty dead on, except one point. GSP's wrestling is not superior to Penns bjj. Penn has won the worlds in bjj how many times? GSP had no major wrestling experience before mma. Take it from a former college wrestler, and now mma fighter, good bjj can stifle good wrestling. That is not to say bjj will stop all wrestling ability, just once it comes to gaurd position, wrestling takes a back seat, except where hip control is concerned.

what?

I hate GSP. Penn is going to win, I can feel it

why do you hate St Pierre? what is about him that you hate? He only lost twice....once to Serra, and once to Matt Hughes...He's always very respectful, has great work ethics....He may just use one flying knee and then ground and pound Penn....sorry, but GSP is so good talented and cool, and tough.

Your pretty dead on, except one point. GSP's wrestling is not superior to Penns bjj. Penn has won the worlds in bjj how many times? GSP had no major wrestling experience before mma. Take it from a former college wrestler, and now mma fighter, good bjj can stifle good wrestling. That is not to say bjj will stop all wrestling ability, just once it comes to gaurd position, wrestling takes a back seat, except where hip control is concerned.

I'll have to disagree, I also wrestle at college and have since I was 4 and have my black belt in Judo jiu jitsu and have fought total over 11 years (boxing included) and will say that wrestling has given me much more of an advantage and using it to fight against bjj has proven to help me. I'm not just some ass here to disagree but I'm a collegiate wrestler and instruct the judo/jj classes at our local gym. The only problems I ever had making the conversion was too much weight on my front foot and in wrestling when you're in trouble you'll want to go to your stomach or all fours (no-no in jiu jitsu). Just because Penn has a black belt doesn't mean much to me and the fact that GSP doesn't have an established wrestling background, doesn't mean much to me either. I think he'll use his excellent wrestling and power to manipulate on the ground. But hey, I could be wrong and Penn could destroy him on the ground. I just don't see Penns jiu jitsu getting the leverage and power he'd need to sink in any submissions.

I'll have to disagree, I also wrestle at college and have since I was 4 and have my black belt in Judo jiu jitsu and have fought total over 11 years (boxing included) and will say that wrestling has given me much more of an advantage and using it to fight against bjj has proven to help me. I'm not just some ass here to disagree but I'm a collegiate wrestler and instruct the judo/jj classes at our local gym. The only problems I ever had making the conversion was too much weight on my front foot and in wrestling when you're in trouble you'll want to go to your stomach or all fours (no-no in jiu jitsu). Just because Penn has a black belt doesn't mean much to me and the fact that GSP doesn't have an established wrestling background, doesn't mean much to me either. I think he'll use his excellent wrestling and power to manipulate on the ground. But hey, I could be wrong and Penn could destroy him on the ground. I just don't see Penns jiu jitsu getting the leverage and power he'd need to sink in any submissions.

I have also been fighting for the last 10-11 years. I didn't say wrestling would not give you an advantage. I have rolled with many black belts that could not do anything with me because of my wrestling, but in turn I could not do much with them because thier bjj was too advanced and they stayed in good position. However, Penn is not just a black belt, he was the first American to win the bjj world title, so he is above and beyond the majority og black belts out there. Either way the color of the belt has nothing to do with it, it's just a fact his bjj is one of the best in the world. But no one knows what will happen for sure.

we'll know tomorrow night for sure

why do you hate St Pierre? what is about him that you hate? He only lost twice....once to Serra, and once to Matt Hughes...He's always very respectful, has great work ethics....He may just use one flying knee and then ground and pound Penn....sorry, but GSP is so good talented and cool, and tough.

amen to that!

^^^ I hate his accent

Yeah the flying knee is what I was thinking also. Its one thing Penn doesn't have and there not much defense agianst it once it comes.
I'm not sure if Pierre can beat Penn if it goes to the ground.
But Pierre is a much better athelete and is a hell of a lot stronger than Penn.
There are so many things Pierre can do that Penn cannot. Its gonna be good.
And yes, Pierre is just a cool humble guy. He could be cocky but he is not.

I here you on GSP wrestling, but he wrestlers with the Canadian Olympic team and from what I heard can out wrestle some of the members at his weight class. I wrestled for 10 years and found that hard to believe since he started wrestling when doing MMA. Maybe he is that good naturally and a fast learner.

He did out wrestle Matt Hughes easily if you recall.

Last edited:
GSP

I LOVE GSP.....A TRUE GENTLEMAN.......FIGHTER IN THE RING AND ALL ABOUT RESPECT OUTSIDE OF IT..........I AM AFRAID BJ PENN IS THE BETTER FIGHTER HOWEVER.

I LOVE GSP.....A TRUE GENTLEMAN.......FIGHTER IN THE RING AND ALL ABOUT RESPECT OUTSIDE OF IT..........I AM AFRAID BJ PENN IS THE BETTER FIGHTER HOWEVER.

wanna bet a few Bottls of LBAs :p
I do think BJ won there first fight......he was robbed there.
I dont think there will be any doubt after this one though wqho is the better fighter. GSP is just going to be to much for him. That One legged hop will only keep him alive for so long then I think hell get pounded out.

I here you on GSP wrestling, but he wrestlers with the Canadian Olympic team and from what I heard can out wrestle some of the members at his weight class. I wrestled for 10 years and found that hard to believe since he started wrestling when doing MMA. Maybe he is that good naturally and a fast learner.

He did out wrestle Matt Hughes easily if you recall.

Remember you are talking about the Canadian Olympic team, about the worst team in the world. Not to say they are not decent, but I am sure some of our (USA) highschool State Champs could hang with them. I am not knocking GSP's ability, just saying he is not getting the best wrestling competition out there.

Remember you are talking about the Canadian Olympic team, about the worst team in the world. Not to say they are not decent, but I am sure some of our (USA) highschool State Champs could hang with them. I am not knocking GSP's ability, just saying he is not getting the best wrestling competition out there.

I here you on that whole thing about certain wresting teams etc. and were your from state to state etc. I remember being at a Northeast regional tournament. I bumped a few weight classes to actually wrestler a RI and ME state champ and beat them the 1st period. I was like maybe I should move there. I could be state champ for a few years no problem.

As for GSP, his wrestling seemed good against people who where known for their wrestling skills and he beat on out wrestled Josh Koscheck, Sean Sherk, Matt Hughs, and Frank Trigg.

Do any of you follow UFC? Do any of you realise that GSP has spent less than 10mins on the mat in all of his ufc contests?

Do any of you follow UFC? Do any of you realise that GSP has spent less than 10mins on the mat in all of his ufc contests?

Nobody has really been able to take him down. Maybe its just good take down defense he has then and not wrestling abilities. I think its part of a wrestling ability.

I guess we will see. I think it will be a knockout anyway. BJ likes to stand and strike also at times.

Free stream at **broken link removed**

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner