over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did lunges for the first time today...

JohnnyPro

Registered
Okay, I've been working out for years but for some reason I never tried lunges. I'm more of a squat man. So today I thought I'd give lunges a try. I went back and forth across the gym 4 or 5 times and when I was done my legs were like jello. I wasn't even using weights! I'm definitely going to keep lunges in my leg routine.

I like doing lunges too....once I started implementing them in my workouts, they got a little easier....you will add a little weight eventually, but you do get a good workout without weights...

I love fairly heavy walking DB lunges. They tear my legs up. Especially when you do them as the last exericse of the leg workout.

The first time I did lunges, I had trouble sitting for a week (both painful to touch and lack of confidence on the way down). It really focuses on the gluteal muscles that aren't hit nearly as hard with the traditional compound leg movements.

Lunges?

Does eveyone agree that the lunges hit the glutes better than squats? I pretty much only do full squats and stiff legged deadlifts. But I used to do smith machine lunges and thought they were pretty tough.

I guess I'm a squat snob. Why do I also need lunges? Why not just more squats?

Does eveyone agree that the lunges hit the glutes better than squats? I pretty much only do full squats and stiff legged deadlifts. But I used to do smith machine lunges and thought they were pretty tough.

I guess I'm a squat snob. Why do I also need lunges? Why not just more squats?

For me , I hate squats.lol I feel lunges, tear the legs up good when I can't force my self to squat.

I hate lunges.. because they work so well lol. Theyre horrible after some squats though haha. I do definatley feel them in my glutes alot. If I do them together with regular squats my glutes get a little too big over time

i myself just started doing lunges for the first time a couple weeks ago, i was very surprised how hard they hit my legs even with using a lot of weight than traditionl squats, i'll def keep doing these for a while. Its always a good idea to switch things up every now and then

I love walking lunges and I do think they blast my glutes a ton more than my quads....squats are my staple for overall developement. I use glutes for the hammy/glute region!

i think you use more muscles doing lunges than squats or DLs. its a nice balance of all 3 upper leg muscles. i like to start my leg workouts with lunges.

I give you guys and girls big props for doing lunges.. I cant stand them at all.. Makes my knees ache even thinking about it..

For me... hacks, squats, leg presses, extensions, front squats.. I pick 3-4 exercises right there and thats it for me..

My glutes just happen to get hard as nails from diet.. So i guess im lucky there. Maybe i should throw some lunges once in a while.

Attachments

• latspread.jpg
    latspread.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 301
Naw, Alex..........

I give you guys and girls big props for doing lunges.. I cant stand them at all.. Makes my knees ache even thinking about it..

For me... hacks, squats, leg presses, extensions, front squats.. I pick 3-4 exercises right there and thats it for me..

My glutes just happen to get hard as nails from diet.. So i guess im lucky there. Maybe i should throw some lunges once in a while.

Whatever you are doing seems to be working!:cool:

I really like lunges though..... they seem to work well for me. I know I get sore as hell from doing them.

Whatever you are doing seems to be working!:cool:

I really like lunges though..... they seem to work well for me. I know I get sore as hell from doing them.

Thanks bro, I know a lot of people really get good results from lunges . I actually used to do them many years ago .... but i would ...dip on leg at a time.. not walking lunges.. For some reason. im kinda scared to do them now.... plus.. i feel pretty worn out from the other stuff.. For me.. just getting my bodyfat low brings out good cuts in my glutes..

Thanks bro, I know a lot of people really get good results from lunges . I actually used to do them many years ago .... but i would ...dip on leg at a time.. not walking lunges.. For some reason. im kinda scared to do them now.... plus.. i feel pretty worn out from the other stuff.. For me.. just getting my bodyfat low brings out good cuts in my glutes..

Yeah no shit you have good cuts!! impressed bro

hate em but love the how tight it makes glutes feel. "everyone wana be a bodybuilder no one wana do these lunges doe" ronnie coleman Relentless

My gym has plenty of guys doing lunges. Some times there isn't enough room for all the folks that want to do lunges so they have to wait A large number of these guys have legs smaller than my arms and I have to bite my tongue not to mention to them that there's an empty squat rack available.

Nothing against lunges for bringing out detail on the wheels, but getting some size first is probably a good idea.

Oh, no doubt it's diet on those cuts!

It's just that I train at my apartment most of the time and I have a squat rack and that's it. So unless I want to be bored out of my mind [and trust me it happens..lol] I have to mix it up. I've got a box that I do weighted step-ups on for some variety as well. :)

I'd love to have access to a real gym and not have to come up with goofy stuff to do in order to stave off boredom. :eek:

Car Park lunges baby. 15 up and 15 back with as much weight as you can carry. Have the wheelchair nearby and someone to push it for you though.

It's just that I train at my apartment most of the time and I have a squat rack and that's it. So unless I want to be bored out of my mind [and trust me it happens..lol] I have to mix it up. I've got a box that I do weighted step-ups on for some variety as well. :)

I'd love to have access to a real gym and not have to come up with goofy stuff to do in order to stave off boredom. :eek:

You have done quite well what you have their at home.. Can i ask you bro??? you dont live near a gym? your doing great at home.. but just getting out of the pad to get some energy from another source would be nice ...once in a while.. Where do you live?

I personally have no conversation at the gym with anyone, unless a close friend happens to show up.

Im busy enough.. 45 min on average with training and 30min of cardio, and anxious for a meal.. im in a hurry..

Its like im not even there to others ........im so.... to my self..... but get good workouts from the loud music and some of the energy( hot babes)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws