over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety

Wow! Just goes to show how much I know on this topic. Sorry for not being of any help, and hopefully someone will be able to suggest something that works!

On a side note, I'm curious as to what makes you think somas are worse. I've never felt any kind of withdrawl from anything, (benzos/somas included). But if somas are worse on the system, then I'll prolly make one of the benzos my weapon of choice on a night where I NEED to catch up on sleep...

Zoloft...

Can take up to a month to really start working. You have to take it every day as ordered too. Using this routinely and then using the Xanax or other benzos for acute panic attacks as needed will help you hopefully.

I would give the Zoloft a go for a couple of months before you make up your mind completely about it!

I use to get the "wtf I can't breath" and the "shit im about to die" and the " I think I have cancer" anxiety.. My mom would never take me to the doctor, I would sit in my room and not leave the house, Until finally one day, I said fuck it! If it's my time to go there's nothing I can do. That lasted 3 straight months when I was in the 7th grade. I get panic attacks when I'm in a crowded store or while i'm working out and lose my breath sometimes still till this day. I just find a seat, Tell myself to relax and take deep breaths in through my nose and slow out of my mouth. It works every time.

The fear of another attack would bring on an attack, I was convinced I had heart problems and all my doctors were just fucking stupid. I still have trouble watching movies or shows where people are having a heart attack. I suppose the fear from the anxiety attacks has manifested itself into a new fear of a rapid heart rate, especially at night. I think I am literally going to have a heart attack and that is my only X factor.

Constant anxiety raised my BP but might have just been "white coat syndrom" and I was put on propronolol awhile back. I really dont know whether or not it helped but I felt better knowing I was taking something that more closely resembled what I thought the problem was, my heart.

that is in fact where i was for quite a while. situational anxiety evolved into general anxiety, fear of attacks etc...

I use to get the "wtf I can't breath" and the "shit im about to die" and the " I think I have cancer" anxiety..

i know those well... still get twinges, a few months back i thought i might have ALS because i have "trigger finger" from carpal tunnel.

Wow! Just goes to show how much I know on this topic. Sorry for not being of any help, and hopefully someone will be able to suggest something that works!

On a side note, I'm curious as to what makes you think somas are worse. I've never felt any kind of withdrawl from anything, (benzos/somas included). But if somas are worse on the system, then I'll prolly make one of the benzos my weapon of choice on a night where I NEED to catch up on sleep...

I have heard they are harsh on the liver and they are controlled. Benzos might linger the next day though. I like melatonin pills, you can pick em up at the pharmacy or grocery store for pretty cheap. I sometimes switch between OTC sleep meds but always wake up in the middle of the night if I do.

Can take up to a month to really start working. You have to take it every day as ordered too. Using this routinely and then using the Xanax or other benzos for acute panic attacks as needed will help you hopefully.

I would give the Zoloft a go for a couple of months before you make up your mind completely about it!

I have tried it but like I said it did nothing, might have even been worse. I may give it another go though.

I recall a non-narcotic benzo I read about one time but cant seem to figure out what it was called.

I use to get the "wtf I can't breath" and the "shit im about to die" and the " I think I have cancer" anxiety.. My mom would never take me to the doctor, I would sit in my room and not leave the house, Until finally one day, I said fuck it! If it's my time to go there's nothing I can do. That lasted 3 straight months when I was in the 7th grade. I get panic attacks when I'm in a crowded store or while i'm working out and lose my breath sometimes still till this day. I just find a seat, Tell myself to relax and take deep breaths in through my nose and slow out of my mouth. It works every time.

Yes I get anxiety at parties or just at large get togethers, like concerts, I believe the term is agoraphobia. Though I will still go to partys and concerts because I enjoy being social but for some reason anxiety springs up.

how much xanxa or clonazepam helps you?

This really varies from person to person, degree of anxiety, whether you have a tolerance, etc.

In my worst it could take maybe 1.5mg, 2mg TOPS and that was in my worst. I would recommend starting with a low dose around .25mg xanax or .5mg klonapins. You can always pop another if need be.

Now I have 0.5mg klonapins that I will try to eat only one of but often end up eating 2. Have a script for 2mg bars as well so that lasts forever and is a great backup considering I only need to bite off a quarter of the pill to get rid of most anxiety.

that is in fact where i was for quite a while. situational anxiety evolved into general anxiety, fear of attacks etc...

Its a bitch, just feeds off of itself but its nice to hear people talking about the progress they have made. I have made a TON of progress but still am not satisfied, American way right?!

Side note,

Back when it was bad I was VERY dependent on xanax and when I would run out it would be hell because it was one big panic attack until I got my script. Well I eventually decided I would not be on anything everyday and stopped taking anything, well tried to. I would literally be freaking the fuck out but would not allow myself to have a xanax. I still take them to this day, so it did not work entirely but it did enable me to start taking them less and less.

I am considering about being very strict with my benzo allotment until I can hopefully get it down to none or something insignificant like a pill a week.

I probably take a small dose 4 times a week, usually at night.

Also, I knnow caffeine makes it worse and any type of stimulant but have heard to stear clear of alcohol... For me alcohol works in completely different ways depending on the amount consumed. If I have an attack sometimes I will chug a few beers and it will go away. But if I drink my ass of one night, the next day will be the WORST anxiety all day long.

First of all Im sorry you have to deal with attacks, they are horrible. Mine seemed to first start when I had problems sleeping. Which leads to even less sleep.. so it was just a vicious cycle.

Ive "read" that anxiety and depression sometimes go hand in hand is why they at times prescribe an antidepressant. Ive tried lexapro, cymbalta, and paxil over 2 or so years and it just made me a zombie that couldnt enjoy sex.. or really anything. Made me very numb and my mind felt clouded.

I just decided to stop taking them cold turkey one day and Im glad I did. Im starting to feel more like myself and things seem more vivid. As far as the anxiety, I think mine stems alot from me being an introvert and having problems sleeping since I was a teenager.

I agree that focusing on your breathing and getting control of your mind does help. Telling yourself " THis is just my anxiety, Im ok and have been through this before" and it goes away for me pretty quickly.

I would suggest seeing a psychologist (not a counselor) and seeking help through them. They might have some good ideas to help you be able to deal with them on your own without drugs.

I was on Prozac for about 17 years for depression, since I was about 23, been on and off since then. 5 years ago for some reason I started having panic attacks with palpitations, and it was very scary. Ativan and Zanac definitely helped. Quiting coffee didn't even help much.

I still don't know where they came from since I haven't had any since that time, but I was drinking alot of green tea which has Xanthines in it, which can cause palpitations, and I was experimenting with coconut oil, which will speed your heart rate.

Neither of which I had any idea at that time that they could cause anything. I was going through a stressful time too....plus who knows, I just found out that I had a high TSH, and if you are Hypothyroid, it can cause anxiety.

COCONUT OIL speeds your heart rate, where the hell did u read this LOL?

First of all Im sorry you have to deal with attacks, they are horrible. Mine seemed to first start when I had problems sleeping. Which leads to even less sleep.. so it was just a vicious cycle.

Ive "read" that anxiety and depression sometimes go hand in hand is why they at times prescribe an antidepressant. Ive tried lexapro, cymbalta, and paxil over 2 or so years and it just made me a zombie that couldnt enjoy sex.. or really anything. Made me very numb and my mind felt clouded.

I just decided to stop taking them cold turkey one day and Im glad I did. Im starting to feel more like myself and things seem more vivid. As far as the anxiety, I think mine stems alot from me being an introvert and having problems sleeping since I was a teenager.

I agree that focusing on your breathing and getting control of your mind does help. Telling yourself " THis is just my anxiety, Im ok and have been through this before" and it goes away for me pretty quickly.

I would suggest seeing a psychologist (not a counselor) and seeking help through them. They might have some good ideas to help you be able to deal with them on your own without drugs.

BUMP...
Also try a natural approach, by supplying your brain with the correct amino acids needed for the neurotransmitters to form, Drugs arent the answer, however benzos in my opinion can be used to treat sudden symptoms esp when u are at work or in a stressful or social scenario.
try 5-htp,L-theanine, L-Glycine, L-Tryptophan,maybe some L-Arginine for your dick.. lol

DO NOT UNDERMINE a good masturbation session.
OR go get some pussy somewhere, drink a glass of red wine.....
That should be the most natural approach to anxiety, but if its a panic attack u think your heart is going to take off out of your chest take a xanax under the tongue, u will be good to go in no time.

Last edited:
[QUOTE if I drink my ass of one night, the next day will be the WORST anxiety all day long.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on this, esp when i drink wine.... This one time i drank a bottle of toasted head and about 5 beers and was partying like a rockstar having a great time i fucked a hott girl. The next day i felt like absolute garbage, i had so much anxiety i was afraid to go outside to the pool where my sister had her hott friend over in her bikini and she looked so good, it is a weird thing how alcohol affects your mind that way, normally im good to go and all over that situation, but that day i was nervous like a little boy.
SSRI's never really helped me with anxiety to be honest, they just clouded my mind and made me into a boring numb person, and when i drank on them my hangovers were catastrophic, like the one i just described, now i been off my 37.5 mg dose of effexor xr for 7 months now, i weened myself off which was one of the hardest most weird things my body had to adapt to, but now i am back to my normal self which i hadnt had in years, my anxiety is better my depression gone and im good to go, i just have to stay positive and take my aminos and that is what has helped me!

my wife suffers from the breathing issues and anxiety in general around people in public...shes going to the doc to get some help. its an ongoing struggle..

The first ones you've listed are all benzodiazepines

and lexapro is an SSRI so they will work completely different than the valium, xan, klon, and ativ does

So you can't compare lexapro to those because they are completely different drugs...

lexapro - antidepressant

Val, Xan, Klon, Ativ - benzodiazepines and used almost specifically for anxiety attacks

Zoloft is an SSRI like lexapro, so if zoloft did nothing then lexapro will not help you either...both are in the same class of drugs

Actually you are wrong. Certain SSRI's sucha Zoloft and Effexor are prescribed in higher mg's for anxiety issues. Ask your doc or you can ask the Phizer drug rep(ZOLOFt) im bangin. Or better yet look it up- don't be giving improper medical advice. and all we know what benzo's are brotha. Could list 12 off the top of my head. And NO AGAIN Valium and Klonopin (yes fall into thr benzos) are actually anti-seizure medicationss first and foremost. they slow down brain waves and are used for alcohol withdrawal amongst other things. They are also good with a beer!

Last edited:
Do any of you try a more natural route such as loading up on Omega 3 Fish oils twice a day in conjunction with L-theanine (200mg twice/day)?

Years ago, I would once in a while have some anxiety but I've been taking the aforementioned religiously and have no issues at all.

Mace- Klonopin- or generic clonazapam at 2mg prior to bed will not only help ya sleep like a baby but with a long half life it has saved my life. It will last throughout the day- You werent kidding bro when you said we had "similar personalities" way back when we were scrapping. Been through all the shit been mentioned here. EVERY night 2mg Klonopin zero sides and never any anxiety again. One of our trusted sponsors even carries em. PM me if ya want to talk further detail. Take care Bro anxiety is a bitch.

Been there. Tried SSRI's with little help. Im on a Buspar now and it has really helped. I have no side effects and have not had a panic attack at all. Sometimes you just have to try different things and see what works for you.

long story short, ive been to rehab and xanax is one of the most addictive substances out there...there were guys who were using for so long that they would take 2-3 bars of zanys right before they hit the gym:eek: ...if i could give you any sound advice its to quit all the benzos and find out why you really have the anxiety...maybe your taking in to many stimulants, are you juicing etc etc etc, there is a reason why you have anxiety and your not really dealing with the actual issue by downing benzos your just delaying the inevetable (sp?)

Dude, I'm no doctor but in my opinion benzos are only going to make your anxiety worse in the long run. I used to take 1-2mg klonopin / day for about two years. I haven't touched a benzo in about two years, by I wouldn't wish the withdrawal I had from that habit on my worst enemy. I know benzos feel great, but it's a hell of a monkey to have on your back once you get started.

lol very old thread

long story short, ive been to rehab and xanax is one of the most addictive substances out there...there were guys who were using for so long that they would take 2-3 bars of zanys right before they hit the gym:eek: ...if i could give you any sound advice its to quit all the benzos and find out why you really have the anxiety...maybe your taking in to many stimulants, are you juicing etc etc etc, there is a reason why you have anxiety and your not really dealing with the actual issue by downing benzos your just delaying the inevetable (sp?)

Bro trust me ive been everywhere, I develpoed the anxiety (panic disorder) from a stressful time in my life, wasnt depressed, wasnt down on life, wasnt sitting at home crying about my upbringing or anything, I live a great life, I love my life, I am a very happy individual and have 0 depression whatsoever but what happened was the attacks turned more into a generalized anxiety (still with attacks of course) and if you read this thread you would know more about what I am talking about.

Throughout this thread I have stated how I believe one should take only the minimum of benzos required to get by and until you know what it is like you will not know what i mean by "get by". I take small doses like I said and it is down to just 1 or 2 times a week now so I am thrilled at the progress I have made.

How am I delaying the inevitable? I am simply trying to be able to live a decent, productive life and benzos, used responsibly, are a wonderful tool for that. I understand there is a great potential for abuse and that is why I am concious about the mg's, type and frequency of use. Morphine is a terrible drug with a high potential for abuse but if you were sitting in the hospital with a few shattered limbs im sure you wouldnt tell the nurses to pull the drip out...

Dude, I'm no doctor but in my opinion benzos are only going to make your anxiety worse in the long run. I used to take 1-2mg klonopin / day for about two years. I haven't touched a benzo in about two years, by I wouldn't wish the withdrawal I had from that habit on my worst enemy. I know benzos feel great, but it's a hell of a monkey to have on your back once you get started.

Yes you are no doctor and no offense but from this post it sounds like you were, at one time, a junkie looking for a fix (from what I read) and taking pills everyday recreationally is far different than taking pills as needed, in moderation, as prescribed by every doctor I have ever seen and DID help tremendously. I have made tons of progress in the last few years and benzos were a HUGE tool in helping me function like a normal person. I am not talking about having some butterflies in your stomach either bro, as mentioned in this very thread I am talking about crippling attacks, everyday, to the point where I would frequent the ER b/c I was having "heart attacks". These attacks are by far the worst thing I have ever gone through and trust me bro I havent had the easiest life but hell no one has and its nothing to whine about but my point is just that this is a serious medical condition and far beyond the scope of someone that is not seriously trained or has been through it first hand to be able to understand.

I too was the party animal at one time, loved doing whatever was on the table, and I used to never understand why a drug like xanax was ever even invented. I used to think that there was no way there could be a valid medical condition that called for its use but boy were my eyes widened when my attacks began. If it werent for the benzo family I dont know that I would have EVER been able to get a grip on these attacks. It is a terrible condition and I was having over a dozen attacks a day, mostly just from the shear fear of having another attack. Have a few of these attacks and I assure you it is not something you can just put to the back of your head, it is on your mind every second of every day and you are living in fear of the next time on comes. You honestly KNOW that you are going to die when these attacks come on benzos are litterally a lifesaver for anyone who has ever had to go through what I have in the last few years with these attacks.

Just to let you all know, I am a very healthy individual, the attacks started before I ever touched any juice, AAS in sane doses has not seemed to aggrivate it and like I have said I am a very happy person when not having an attack or living in fear that I will have one. It is a great feeling to know that even if you have one that you have an almost instant cure with you, no matter where you are, cant put a price on that level of security and again unless you have REALLY studied this or have experienced it yourself you really should not even comment, as you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about.:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear