over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? 4 those over 50 on HRT

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
This question is for those over 50 yrs old on HRT that have done several cycles over the yrs..Using Test Cyp, what do you feel is the lowest amount of Test per week in Mgs that a person could use and still feel pretty good..

I have cycle off and on for the past 30 yrs and now just want to stay with HRT and still pretty good..My cycles over the yrs have steadily gone up going as high as 1500 mgs of Test per week along with other anabolics steroids.

I just came of a cycle about 2 weeks ago using 1 gr of Test Cyp along with 400 grs of EQ...

I've never really had high blood pressure. It normally stays around 118 / 70 when on 700 total mgs of gear and around 128 / 84 when total gear is around 2 grams My total cholestrol stays around 170 yr round..Im 57 yrs old as of last week 6' and 230 lbs.

Sounds like you are controlling the sides pretty good on those high dosages, and I know you don't usually take any AI's. Are you holding any water on 1500 mgs wk of Cyp? I would think that 200 mg wk of Cyp would be an appropriate HTR dose for you.

I believe around 200 mg will make you feel good. If you are looking for serious muscle growth, more like 500-1000mg. You should be watching your diet more then ever at this point. IMO, 500mg of test and 2iu's GH will make you grow and you can be fairly healthy at those doses. I do not believe in all year cycles.

100mg cypionate = ~75mg pure testosterone and ~75mg is normal/high endogenous production

This being said 300-500mg/wk of cyp would be sufficient to grow and anything above that would start to have some negative side effects if used for an extended period of time IMO.

100mg cypionate = ~75mg pure testosterone and ~75mg is normal/high endogenous production

This being said 300-500mg/wk of cyp would be sufficient to grow and anything above that would start to have some negative side effects if used for an extended period of time IMO.
To answer a few questions..

1) I've never used AI's
2) I don't hold water even at high doses
3) The only sides I get is if I use Tren at dose around 500-700 per week and the sides are sweating in bed. Neve had any sides on other anabolics no matter what the doses are or for how long..As I stated I just came off a gram of test and 400 mgs of EQ after 8 weeks and felt good everyday.
4) I'll try 100mg a week until Xmas and see how I feel..If I start feeling lousy, I'll raise it to 200mg per week.

You're playing with fire by not using an AI. So many men think that because there are no visible side effects when using Test that they don't need an AI. The fact is that estrogen is wreaking havoc on your system even if you don't "see it". And invariably one day your sides start to explode and now getting them back under control is much, much, harder to do. It's a lot easier to prevent gyno then it is get rid of it once you have it. It's a lot easier to keep your blood pressure down than it is bring it down once it's up already.
Not using an AI is possibly the single biggest mistake I've seen repeated over and over by steroid users. If I've seen one I've seen a hundred posts like this. "What happened? I never had this problem". You need to be on Aromasin and the sooner the better. Do not come off of it for the rest of your life. If you do, you will shorten your life. See Link below.

Use 300mg/wk for your HRT or 250mg/wk if that's the way your Test comes per ML

Last edited:
You're playing with fire by not using an AI. So many men think that because there are no visible side effects when using Test that they don't need an AI. The fact is that estrogen is wreaking havoc on your system even if you don't "see it". And invariably one day your sides start to explode and now getting them back under control is much, much, harder to do. It's a lot easier to prevent gyno then it is get rid of it once you have it. It's a lot easier to keep your blood pressure down than it is bring it down once it's up already.
Not using an AI is possibly the single biggest mistake I've seen repeated over and over by steroid users. If I've seen one I've seen a hundred posts like this. "What happened? I never had this problem". You need to be on Aromasin and the sooner the better. Do not come off of it for the rest of your life. If you do, you will shorten your life. See Link below.

Use 300mg/wk for your HRT or 250mg/wk if that's the way your Test comes per ML
Sorry but not sure I agree with the AI's..Never had a blood pressure problem in 57 yrs..Never had gyno and have done 1500 mgs of test and 1 gram of deca for 12 weeks and no problems..Now seeing that I have no plans to ever run a large cycle again I don't see any reasons I should start AI's now..

If others around my age that have cycle off and on for CLOSE TO 30 YRS and would like to tell me why I need them now, I'll listen to all and then make a decision.

To the above poster what do you prescribe I should use and how much..You talking Arimidex?

Last edited:
Tough Old Man??

You are Super Old Man. Rock on! I'm 46 and I hope to be rolling like you for the next 10 years.

I take AIs (from Research Stop), always have. I don't know, I just go with the herd.

You are Super Old Man. Rock on! I'm 46 and I hope to be rolling like you for the next 10 years.

I take AIs (from Research Stop), always have. I don't know, I just go with the herd.
The only thing I take is multi vitamins, Beer and albuterol as I was born with asthma..that's it..No meds of any type..I truly believe that most of the supplements are just a way for companies to make money...

Lets face it you don't think Arnold or any of the other older bodybuilders took AI's or nolva or clomid or all the other crap on the markets today as we didn't have it in the 70's and early 80's and they seem to be living longer then some of the younger bodybuilders running around now a days.

I'll stick what works for me and that's pleanty of protein, fruits and some green veggies, efa's and plenty of water, Tecate light beer and a few young women when the wife is absent.

Viva Baja Mexico

Well, I'm 48

My estradiol levels are high when I'm not on anything.

So my standard course of action is to take a light dose of an AI along with my TRT.

I'm assuming you get your bloodwork done, and you have your estradiol levels measured, and they come back within normal range. IN that case, you don't need an AI.

If you're not going by bloodwork, you're guess is as good as flipping a coin, only cheaper.

4 those over 50 on hrt.

love reading about this subject. 53 year old hardcore surfer,recreational bodybuilder.taking 100mg test cyp weekly. feel good on that, feel even better on 200 mg per week. i am sticking to 100mg for now as i worry about lipid profiles.i also take 1iu hgh 5days a weeki believe this makes a huge difference.i think you could do good on 100 to 200mg per week.good luck keep us posted on your progress.

Total test is pretty irrelavant, SHBG can bind to it and make it pretty useless. SOme people are fine at 100 some need 200...

Sorry but not sure I agree with the AI's..Never had a blood pressure problem in 57 yrs..Never had gyno and have done 1500 mgs of test and 1 gram of deca for 12 weeks and no problems..Now seeing that I have no plans to ever run a large cycle again I don't see any reasons I should start AI's now..

If others around my age that have cycle off and on for CLOSE TO 30 YRS and would like to tell me why I need them now, I'll listen to all and then make a decision.

To the above poster what do you prescribe I should use and how much..You talking Arimidex?

You need them now because your E2 levels go up naturally as you age. Just as your Test levels fall. See: phatrr's post
You have spent many years abusing your bodies ability to tolerate high levels of estrogen and now it's over. Your body will no longer fight off the effects.
You're telling me that I can't tell you why you need them now because I'm not your age and haven't used steroids like you have. You have no idea, so that's a statement you should back away from as it's totally irrelevant.
I'm telling you because I know more than you, regardless of age.
Arimidex is a poor choice because it's a competitive inhibitor that is weak at reducing E2 in men. You need a suicidal inhibitor that will attach to the aromatase and kill it. Aromasin is the best. It will lower your BP, help you keep off fat, and probably keep you around a lot longer.
I'm giving you good advice, I hope you take it.

also Macro, correct me if im wrong

other post where people debated whether using SERM or AI for estrogen control,,,besides the obvious bb related sides gyno and bloat,,,i still think unchecked unnoticed high level E level can be BAD for any part of tissues thats why some control is needed,

immune system, hair, your brain, skin, everything will see estrogen just cuz you dont get the usual sides at nipples dont mean you are safe from it,,,add on old age and you are going to be sorry soon or later.

like prostate and high E can be bad, but when you see or feel the sides, its kinda too late, so why let it get there from T and E bombardment,,,at least get rid of E

what about other glands and tissues, i just dont think high levels of anything is good, and imbalance is the worst, imbalance towards some goal is great,,,short term but if you planning for HRT or living well and etc....balance everything.

that included thyroid, adrenal, growth hormone and endocrine hormones.

tough old man, im sure you are tough but cant beat time and cellular mechanism :) might be a good idea to join logeivity forums or other places where they thrive on perfect hormonal balance, much to learn.

this is coming from a very young man, so disregard whatever i just said LOL

You need them now because your E2 levels go up naturally as you age. Just as your Test levels fall. See: phatrr's post
You have spent many years abusing your bodies ability to tolerate high levels of estrogen and now it's over. Your body will no longer fight off the effects.
You're telling me that I can't tell you why you need them now because I'm not your age and haven't used steroids like you have. You have no idea, so that's a statement you should back away from as it's totally irrelevant.
I'm telling you because I know more than you, regardless of age.
Arimidex is a poor choice because it's a competitive inhibitor that is weak at reducing E2 in men. You need a suicidal inhibitor that will attach to the aromatase and kill it. Aromasin is the best. It will lower your BP, help you keep off fat, and probably keep you around a lot longer.
I'm giving you good advice, I hope you take it.

Almost 56 here. 200 a week of test will keep you feeling just fine and keep you plenty solid too.

Researchstop, what kind of dose of Aromasin do you recommend at HRT levels?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws