over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adderall and training

Why do you switch back and fourth out of curiosity? I have taken both, thou its been a while since I've tried vyvanse. I liked it cause it felt smoother.

Do you get it from a regular doctor or psych doctor? just curious since I plan to start taking it again eventually and seeing a psych was too expensive here in NYC since a lot of them won't take insurance.

I think it keeps me from building up tolerances, and vyvanse last 8 to 10 hours. I dont need that all the time. Some times 5 to 6 hours is all i need. :)
I used to get it from my regular doc, but go to a psyc nurse since they give me 3 months of scripts post date at a time, so I dont have to go in every month.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder about any long term harm that might be caused by that though. No research done on it, but we do crazy shit as bodybuilders too which is probably more dangerous.
Yes this is true, it's somewhat uncharted territory. One thing that's important to note is that it's not a daily thing. 2-3 days per week at the most. Still no guarantee that it's not doing something bad behind the scenes though. However, it helps me to take a step back and examine my behavior and the way my mind works. My marriage has gotten stronger since doing this. Adderall did the opposite, making me restless, impatient, and sometimes quite mean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity of all the members that use these type of med, prescibed or not which do you believe in your experience has the longest euphoria and concentration without looking to redose within 3-4 hrs. I’m prescribed Ritalin ir 3x a day but just never last: seeing my doctor next week and was wondering what alternative to keep concentration and euphoria as long as possible? P.s this med is for depression, lack of concentration and overall well being as any atnidepressants I’ve used have not helped as much if at all.

Anyone feel any extended realease is better than others? I’m sure any IR meds would require multiple does at shorter intervals . Any thoughts experiences or research welcome

Out of curiosity of all the members that use these type of med, prescibed or not which do you believe in your experience has the longest euphoria and concentration without looking to redose within 3-4 hrs. I’m prescribed Ritalin ir 3x a day but just never last: seeing my doctor next week and was wondering what alternative to keep concentration and euphoria as long as possible? P.s this med is for depression, lack of concentration and overall well being as any atnidepressants I’ve used have not helped as much if at all.

Anyone feel any extended realease is better than others? I’m sure any IR meds would require multiple does at shorter intervals . Any thoughts experiences or research welcome

To answer your question, Adderall XR.

Better alternative: concerta and prozac with psychotherapy.

A Clinical psychologist. Not a councillor nor a psychiatrist.

Last edited:

I'll second the above poster's comment.

Furthermore...I think what you're aiming to do (concentration + euphoria) is going to give you a substance use disorder eventually--the euphoria will always wear off and become resistant, and then you'll want more.

Lack of concentration / energy is one of the symptoms of a depressive disorder--you would likely benefit from treating the source.

I highly recommend seeing a professional that deals with these disorders. Just keep in mind these medications can take awhile to feel like they're working and many people often have to try many different treatments to find the ones that work for them. It's not unusual at all. Just don't give up.

Yes this is true, it's somewhat uncharted territory. One thing that's important to note is that it's not a daily thing. 2-3 days per week at the most. Still no guarantee that it's not doing something bad behind the scenes though. However, it helps me to take a step back and examine my behavior and the way my mind works. My marriage has gotten stronger since doing this. Adderall did the opposite, making me restless, impatient, and sometimes quite mean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, it sounds like a positive thing at this point. I hope that it is safe long term. Maybe you can try to really slowly taper off of it until you are not using it at all. I would try that out.

Realistically probably no long term problems. LSD is very well researched and incredibly safe

I think it acts like serotonin and binds to the receptors in the brain. I think it also might inhibit reuptake of serotonin. I agree, from what I remember there aren't any ill effects short term at least. I don't think there have been long term studies though.

I screwed around with it when I was in my early to mid 20s.

I take it daily and have for years. 20mg of XR

Sure it has it's downsides, decreased appetite, the comedown, elevates my BP a little.

But the pros have outweighed the cons for me so far. I always get great pumps and work outs on it but staying hydrated is key. It pulls water off of you. I also recommend a MWF schedule with it to keep tolerance down.

Last edited:

I have never gotten euphoria off of any ADD meds. Doesnt seem to elevate my BP either.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181580/

It is legitmate but that is the reason I say concerta and prozac is a better choice. I was diagnosed with PTSD in my early 20s. I would study but forget everything right after. Concerta is a stimulant. Works and felt just like amphetamines. It's extended release. Prozac, which I stopped right when I started because i didnt want the diagnosis on my medical record. Is an SSRI is supposedly the one of the more stimulating antidepressant. What they essentially do (at least in my case), is create boundaries for your moods. That is, you don't hit super highs and extreme lows.

But drugs are only part of the solution. They aid in mental growth but the true growing comes from you.

Psychotherapy is essential. While we are meat-machines and we can manipulate the processes and the chemicals of our bodies. It's only one aspect of us. If we were only machines, we wouldn't experience sadness, loss, scars, and most importantly "meaning". There is so much more to us than the machine-functionalism aspect. So a Clinical Psychologist is where we fill in that gap.

"Clinical psychology is an integration of science, theory and clinical knowledge for the purpose of understanding, preventing, and relieving psychologically-based distress or dysfunction and to promote subjective well-being and personal development.[1][2] Central to its practice are psychological assessment, clinical formulation, and psychotherapy, although clinical psychologists also engage in research, teaching, consultation, forensic testimony, and program development and administration.[3] In many countries, clinical psychology is a regulated mental health profession."

So with Concerta and Prozac with psychotherapy will cover all your bases.

You can do adderall with psychotherapy. That's what I did. But if you don't mind the diagnosis of depression. Might as well try the Prozac. But i don't think you can run adderall and Prozac. Too dangerous because of the serotonin. Hence Concerta.

Well, it sounds like a positive thing at this point. I hope that it is safe long term. Maybe you can try to really slowly taper off of it until you are not using it at all. I would try that out.

I'm going to take a few days off and substitute with kre-alkalyn with caffeine, I tried it and it works very similar as far as mood elevation goes... If for nothing else, just to come off the compound for a few days to keep from getting so used to it...

Definitely the XR, I tried both and can honestly say that at least for me personally, the XR is best... With the IM, I get an immediate hit, but it wears off quickly, I and find myself wanting more... The XR, seems to hit me just as fast and it's a steady level, lasts a long time and I don't crave more... The best that I've found is taking one of each first thing in the morning... The IM hits me immediately, the XR keeps it going, but I don't really need more... Kind of like when people do an oral to jumpstart a cycle... Although I don't do that personally for AAS...

The main problem with amphetamines is tolerance build up. Everyone is different and everyone’s tolerance is different but some drugs are known to have a very high tolerance build up. Take somas for example. If you haven’t used them before or haven’t used them in years one or two will get you super high for a few days then by day 4-5 you literally need 10x the dose to feel the same. Amphetamines aren’t as bad but eventually you will need more and more and try everything you can to chase the high and you never end up catching it. The way you metabolize them is also different. For example I could take a 30 mg Adderall IR and feel great in 30min. That will last about 2hrs max and then I’m literally so tired I could fall asleep so I need another dose and then another dose, etc. that’s the problem with the amphetamines. The only way to not get that tolerance build up is to only take them 2-3 times a week or if you can every couple weeks take a good 4-5 days off but that becomes really hard to do once you’re used to them and you have responsibilities were you can’t sleep off that withdraw. My best advice I can give anyone who has never used amphetamines is to never try them even once because the day you do you want them forever. It’s almost like just imagine never trying pizza.

Something also odd is that amphetamines and stimulants will actually lower your ejection fraction percentage. But it’s a false positive basically. When you’re on them the percentage will be lower so you’re thinking it’s great but it’s actually just a false positive. The main problem with long-term amphetamine is neurotoxicity and degeneration to the myelin sheath. But interestingly enough CBD oil has been shown to completely repair neuro and myelin sheath damage so I’d highly recommend using it if you use amphetamines.

Last edited:
Definitely the XR, I tried both and can honestly say that at least for me personally, the XR is best... With the IM, I get an immediate hit, but it wears off quickly, I and find myself wanting more... The XR, seems to hit me just as fast and it's a steady level, lasts a long time and I don't crave more... The best that I've found is taking one of each first thing in the morning... The IM hits me immediately, the XR keeps it going, but I don't really need more... Kind of like when people do an oral to jumpstart a cycle... Although I don't do that personally for AAS...

FWIW, Adderall XR is 50% instant-release and 50% delayed-release, basically eliminating the peaks and valleys you'd see with multiple IR dosing.

So the best thing to take supplement wise is acetyl choline for degeneration to the myelin sheath?

I take choline and inositol.. not the same form but would it have a similar effect?

btw I'm already only taking adderall 2-3 times a week, but want to prevent neurotoxicity as much as possible.

The main problem with amphetamines is tolerance build up. Everyone is different and everyone’s tolerance is different but some drugs are known to have a very high tolerance build up. Take somas for example. If you haven’t used them before or haven’t used them in years one or two will get you super high for a few days then by day 4-5 you literally need 10x the dose to feel the same. Amphetamines aren’t as bad but eventually you will need more and more and try everything you can to chase the high and you never end up catching it. The way you metabolize them is also different. For example I could take a 30 mg Adderall IR and feel great in 30min. That will last about 2hrs max and then I’m literally so tired I could fall asleep so I need another dose and then another dose, etc. that’s the problem with the amphetamines. The only way to not get that tolerance build up is to only take them 2-3 times a week or if you can every couple weeks take a good 4-5 days off but that becomes really hard to do once you’re used to them and you have responsibilities were you can’t sleep off that withdraw. My best advice I can give anyone who has never used amphetamines is to never try them even once because the day you do you want them forever. It’s almost like just imagine never trying pizza.

Something also odd is that amphetamines and stimulants will actually lower your ejection fraction percentage. But it’s a false positive basically. When you’re on them the percentage will be lower so you’re thinking it’s great but it’s actually just a false positive. The main problem with long-term amphetamine is neurotoxicity and degeneration to the myelin sheath. But interestingly enough CBD oil has been shown to completely repair neuro and myelin sheath damage so I’d highly recommend using it if you use amphetamines.

I agree but only when you have access to alot. The first two years i took them I only ran off 20mg a day. IR. And I would study 4 to 5 hours a day, plus write. They are good to build momentum. And even after 2 years i felt when they kicked in. For me it's about 6 hours (the effects).

Now that being said, when I got access to more. Then it became a double edge sword. Moderation was no longer a necessity. When I only had 20mg to work with a day and I needed them to last 30 days. I didn't have the option to abuse them. And perhaps that is why I didn't build a tolerance.

When I got access to more. What you said happened.

But that is what I was trying to get across. Limitation of the access and you will be fine. When you have access to more - you will take more.

I never had a problem with self moderation. I was prescribed 30 mg/day extended release dexedrine. I only took 15 mg/day for almost all of the 5 or 6 years I was on it. I built up a huge stockpile "just in case", but I never let the dosing get out of control. I ended up getting all the shitty side effects on just 15 mg/day after a number of years.

One way to limit tolerance is to take a day off every week. The problem is that the off day becomes a zero energy day. Staying busy all day monday through saturday then spending literally all day sunday in bed, it's not a good balance to have in life. It's not healthy for a marriage or other personal relationship.

^Thats what I've done with my scripts. I'm prescribed 2 x 20mg XR per day and used to take two regularly then dropped it back to one most of the time and now I often don't take any and just stockpile. Not that I don't take them on purpose really I just take them as I need them and don't pop them needlessly as much.

Never had issues with a day or two break week though. Beginning to think I tolerate it very well after the stories on here although I've only run into maybe one or two other people in real life that have ever had issues with adderall in terms of sides or coming off

Last edited:
I agree but only when you have access to alot. The first two years i took them I only ran off 20mg a day. IR. And I would study 4 to 5 hours a day, plus write. They are good to build momentum. And even after 2 years i felt when they kicked in. For me it's about 6 hours (the effects).

Now that being said, when I got access to more. Then it became a double edge sword. Moderation was no longer a necessity. When I only had 20mg to work with a day and I needed them to last 30 days. I didn't have the option to abuse them. And perhaps that is why I didn't build a tolerance.

When I got access to more. What you said happened.

But that is what I was trying to get across. Limitation of the access and you will be fine. When you have access to more - you will take more.

Very true. A huge part of it is mental. That’s why I just bring what I need to work and leave the rest at home. If I bring them all oh man it’s game over. I’ll go through 120mg in a day easily

I had the doctor switch me to 30mg twice per day and I don't feel shit on them, already up to 90mg, I got them from Walmart, maybe they sell bunk shit... Hope they're not a sponsor here...

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner