over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AJ's reboot log.

Yesterday was back, I had a new workout planned.

Started with bent rows:

warmed up 135 x 15

225 x 15
275 x 9
315 x 4
335 x 3
drop to 245 x 10 drop to 155 x 20 (after that I was fucking winded! I realize now I need to do some good hard cardio at least 3 times a week now to get my cardio in better shape for these higher rep sets)

CHins:

2 sets of 5
1 set of 4
2 sets of 3
rows gassed me!

One arm dumbell rows:

100 x 12
100 x 12
100 x 12

Pulldowns to the front:

90 x 28 slow and controlled
90 x 28
105 x 22

Shrugs supersetted with rhomboid shrugs on inline bench.

100 x 12 35's x 12
100 x 10 35's x 12
100 x 10 35's x 12

had to stop there, I had to go into work, but after that workout I was pumped but just worn out- those higher reps sets really put a hurtin on me.

Last edited:
Tonight was shoulders:

I thought I would start with Smith machine presses. The Smith machine we have sucks for it.
The thing goes all directions like a real bar, which is acutally fine the bar even weighs 45.
But the rack is like rows of teeth on the sides and you have to clear them going out and back on with out catching the bar on them to press, it makes it very akward.
I stuck it out, did 135 x 6
145 x 4
135 x 6
95 x 12 drop set.
Im still very weak on presses with bard and the machine didnt help.

Cable sides, 20 x 12
30 x 10
30 x 10 drop to 20 x 10

Front raises seated
25's
4 sets of 12 - I was really weak on these but I pushed through.

Superset cable rope upright rows with dumbell press 3 second reps, pressing dumbells at angles.

70 lbs x 30 reps, 35's x 10
90 lbs x 25 reps, 35's x 8
110 lbs x 16 reps, 35's x 7 drop to 25's six more.

Rear delts supersetted with presses (same as before)

80 x 17 with a 2 second squeeze- 25's x 8
100 x 14 " " 25's x 6
120 x 10 " " 25's x 6

That was it.
Really was a shitty workout but I stuck it out, was supposed to be light and squeezing - just felt directionless, its time to go back to big gym.

Tonight was shoulders:

I thought I would start with Smith machine presses. The Smith machine we have sucks for it.
The thing goes all directions like a real bar, which is acutally fine the bar even weighs 45.
But the rack is like rows of teeth on the sides and you have to clear them going out and back on with out catching the bar on them to press, it makes it very akward.
I stuck it out, did 135 x 6
145 x 4
135 x 6
95 x 12 drop set.
Im still very weak on presses with bard and the machine didnt help.

Cable sides, 20 x 12
30 x 10
30 x 10 drop to 20 x 10

Front raises seated
25's
4 sets of 12 - I was really weak on these but I pushed through.

Superset cable rope upright rows with dumbell press 3 second reps, pressing dumbells at angles.

70 lbs x 30 reps, 35's x 10
90 lbs x 25 reps, 35's x 8
110 lbs x 16 reps, 35's x 7 drop to 25's six more.

Rear delts supersetted with presses (same as before)

80 x 17 with a 2 second squeeze- 25's x 8
100 x 14 " " 25's x 6
120 x 10 " " 25's x 6

That was it.
Really was a shitty workout but I stuck it out, was supposed to be light and squeezing - just felt directionless, its time to go back to big gym.

Our smith you can lift the bar with a pinkie and lower with it ,but i have seen guys add the 45 a regular bar weigh(lol) My buddy got pissed at me when he hit 4 wheels on each side for a six rep max and i put it down as 360 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!
He said whoaaa that is 405 so the next week i loaded the same weight on a regular bar and he struggled just to hit a sloppy rep and a half(lol)

KEEP IT UP MY BROTHER YOUR BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Tonight was hams:

I have been a little more tired lately, I went to the chiropracter this afternoon she hit me with needles in my quad and my traps, did ART on my leg and my shoulder.
When I got home from that I fell asleep for 2 hours, and yesterday I fell asleep about an hour and a half.
My body is telling me something, and like my shoulder workout I was a little flat and had to really dig to push through.

Deadlifts, I decided to cut out the rep sets and go for a little lower rep higher weight.

135 x6
225 x6
315 x6

405 x 10
495 x 1
515 fail
515 fail
405 x 6

One leg leg curl.

60 x 20
80 x 13
90 x 10
100 x 4
60 x 11

Leg extension.

70 x 15
90 x 17
110 x 13
130 x 10
150 x 7
170 x 4
drop 90 x 10 40 on left leg x 6

abs 5 sets on ab machine

Its apparent from the flatness of my workouts and the fact Im just kinda lethargic I need an extra day of rest. Body looks flat despite a good amount of carbs.
My weekends are long, I usually go in on Fris and dont get off til Mon, I also work a second job on the weekend til 2:30 am. So if I train those days it takes a little extra out of me, need to be cautious about this.
All in all I was still able to buck 5 plates and it felt a little easier, I went for a second rep but felt like I was going to pull with bad form and let it drop. Still dissapointed I couldnt hit 515 I really thought I would have it.

Chest back combo:

I ended up having to work a double today, no biggie my boss is cool so pulling extra doesnt piss me off, plus I really need the extra $.

So I got home did my pre-workout sups and went to the gym at 9pm.

Pulldowns wide neutral grip supersetted with chest press machine:

Warm up 90 lbs x 15 80 x 15 press

110 x 15 110 x 15 press

150 x 12 160 x 10 press

165 x 8 200 x 8

165 x 8 240 x 4

No drop sets this workout really not enough extra time, went a bit heavier.

Dumbell incline press / standing close grip rows

60 x 17 dbells, 150 x 20
80 x 13 dbells, 180 x 17
90 x 10 dbells, 200 x 14 (stack)

flat dumbells 3 second pause/ continued with close grip cable rows

60 x 10 stack x 12
60 x 10 stack x 10
60 x 12 stack x 10

cable pullovers / rear delt machine

110 on rear delts x 10 / 60 x 10 pullover
110 " " x 10 / 60 x 10 pullover
110 " " x 10 /60 x 10 pullover
drop to 70 x10 drop to 40 x 10

done

Tonight was arms:

Its interesting, earlier this week I went and got a bunch of clothes I had in storage, bunch of my old work out gear thats old, tattered and comfy. You know those shirts and shorts you have had from the beggining of time that have blood, and other unidentified stains on them, holes in the armpits and around the abdomen were the belt hasps have punched holes in the fabric.
Anyways, I pulled out some of my old stuff and went to put on this one particular shirt I love to do arms with.
FUCK- I dont know if it shrunk, or my ass acumulated fat on my arms, but the damn thing was snug, I dont like clothes like that. So I put a baggy shirt on over it, and used it like a tank top. Fuck it.
And the stains on that one may be dog urine...not sure- it was washed I know that lol.

Dips- I have had trouble with dips for a long time because of my shoulder- but they are a great exercise.

4 sets of 6 reps ( 6 was all I could do)
1 set of 7 (details)

One arm over head dumbell extensions.

30 x 14
35 x 10
40 x 7
40 x 5 drop to 20's 10 on each arm.

Press downs, strict form v-handle,

40 x 20 (2 second negatives)
50 x 15 " "
60 x 10 " "

drop to 40 with 3 second negatives 8 more-drop to 30 3 second negatives 6 more.

Dumbell curls supersetted with dumbell kick backs 1 arm at a time.

45 x 16 15 x 12
55 x 9 15 x 10
60 x 5 15 x 10
60 x 4 15 x 11

One arm dumbell preacher curl

30 lb dumbell

30 x 11
30 second rest
30 x 7

30 x 7
30 x 9 ( 3 forced reps per side)

straight fixed barbell curl.

30 lb barbell
I like to do these keeping my arms locked against my side, I come up and hold the contraction for a good 2 count- 10 reps is hard to get.

30 x 12
30 x 10
30 x 15 ( last 4 I had less pause and just curled them up with a little play)

one arm hammer concentration curl.

20 x 15
20 x 13
20 x 12
20 x 12

Great pump. My body weight actually went up to 260 and back down to 258 the last week. The rebound from the low carb week really filled me out well.
After legs I go back on a low carb week and prime another cycle of filling out. Hopefully Ill lose some bf% like last time.

Delete some pm's matey ;)

Tonight was legs.

I never have 'enjoyed' legs, I think most people who push themselves dread the workout but do it because you know you have to.
Well when something hurts, and is nagging the crap out of you, it just makes an already hard workout- just even worse and frustrating.
My left leg, IT band, hip has been a major mutherfucker lately. Been going to the chiro at great expense but shes made headway on it. Despite that my leg is weak and sore, it gets tight when I drive anything over 20 minutes.
Anyways the leg workouts have been tough and a couple times I have limped back up the stairs to the apt.

Needless to say that I attempted to do pre-exhaust last time and the fucking seat was removed off the machine to be repaired.

So this time I was sure I could to pre-exhaust and sure enough we had a seat.

So I decided I would do extensions and leg curls to start things off and get the leg loosened before doing squats.

Leg extensions:

3 warm up sets.

180 x 20

210 x 15

255 (stack) x 10

255 x 10 drop to 180 x 12 drop to 110 x 7

One leg-leg curls

70 x 15

90 x 8

110 x 4

Squats:

135 x 10
225 x 10

I did these as more of warm ups.

315 x8
405 x 2
405 x 1
315 x 8
315 x6

now what I noticed was the IT band did NOT hurt, the leg was a little weaker but I was able to push with no pain, I can tell you when something does NOT hurt you can really concentrate and push. I wasnt much stronger than I was with pre- exhaust but I did right at the same weight and felt better doing it.

Leg press.

second to last clip (stupid machine) 20 reps

last clip (stack) 15 reps

last clip 12 reps

drop down to 180 and did 3 second negatives 10 reps- that was rough.

Last was walking lunges, I managed to get the other side of the gym by the cardio equiptment longer walk-

100 lb fixed barbell
3 sets- they were brutal, last couple steps on all of them were one step pant for 10-15 seconds, take another step, pant for 10-15 seconds. Just brutal.
BUt the leg felt much better, so pre-exhaust will be the way to go on legs from here on out.

Tonight was chest. Last week with back and chest combo workout my shoulder felt much better so I really wanted to test it on chest tonight.
Decided to kick it off with incline dumbell which was the exercise I originally hurt the shoulder doing.

50 x 10 warmup
70 x 10 warmup ( at this point shoulder felt good and I felt strong)

decided to jump to 90's and take advantage of my strength.

90 x 11

so now 100's so far I havent been able to do these without a lift off and a spot.
I knew tonight it was now or never.

Kicked up the 100's and they went up like money I knew I had it, but when I brought the weight down, my damn shoulder kicked out- it does this still, doesnt hurt, just loses stability.

So I knew I could do them so I went and tried again.

This time I got it up and got 5 reps.
So then I thought no way Im going back down.
Did one more set of 5.

Thats as strong as I have been in over 2 years on that lift, even when I was still on gear my shoulder was fucked up. my chiro gets the credit, whatever she did with those effin needles works!

Cable crossovers

50 x 20
60 x 15
70 x 10
drop to 50 x 10

Stop and go presses 3 second hold.

60 x 6
60 x 8
60 x 8
The first set my shoulder is still tight on flat, but gets better as I go on and get the pec / shoulder stretched out.

Next was push ups suppersetted with dumbell pullovers.
I know a lot of people think 'push ups wtf?!' Im here to tell you push ups are a different type of chest exercise and they work the whole body, core, low back, upper back and chest.

12 reps + 60 x 10 on pullovers
11 reps + 70 x 8 on pullovers
12 reps + 80 x 10 on pullovers, the dumbell hit my mp3 and shut it off, so I had to sit there and fuck with it before I could execute the set- pain in the ass and it pissed me off a little so I had some extra ummph on that last set.

Overall great workout, feels like a breakthrough and its about time to head back to the big gym and get the bigger weights going again.

Ok back was Saturday night, when I got back I had a text to come into work, so I never got to post up the workout.
So Ill catch it up.

Started off cable pullovers and did some pre- exhaust.

warmed up with 50

70 for 15
80 for 12
90 for 9
110 for 4
droppeed down to 60 and did 11

Next was reverse grip pulldowns to the front.
After warming up I settled on 135 as a good starting weight, and decided to go heavy.
Heavy as I could while keeping my back arched and chest up.
135 I got 16
155 I did 12
185 I did 8
210 I did 5

Next I did seated rows.
This gym doesnt have an actual seated row station so I had to put a bench in front of a low cable pulley and attach the handle.

The entire stack was light, I did 20 with it.
So I concentrated on squeezing the shit out of my back.
Did another set with a 25 pinned to the stack
and got 15
Last set was with a 45 pinned to it and got 11.

Next was one arm dumbell rows, the heaviest dumbell is a 100 lb.
So I did 3 sets of 15 on each arm.
I have to tell you I fucking hate this exercise worse than squats, it kicks my ass every time as far as breathing is concerned, but its a good exercise for back I believe.

Last I supersetted heavy rear delts, which is a cheat move for upper traps for me. With barbell shrugs.

Used 45's for sets of 6-8 and worked up to 405 for 8 on the bar.
With my carbs low I was smoked.
And dont you know I had to choke some guy at work that night.

Tonight was shoulders.
This has been the body part that has both refused to grow and or get back some strength, its been a real nightmare.

I decided to use the machine press, its about like a hammer strength in difficulty.
Warmed up with one 45, then a 45 and a 25 on each side.
First set was 2 45's for 14.
Then I added a 25 to each side.
Popped it up for 9, so I was at my sticking point, another 10 lbs each side usually fucks me.
So since I felt stronger for once and my shoulder feels so much better, I went for 3 plates - fuck it.
Got the damned shit, 4 reps, no spot no lift.
Dropped back and did 2 45's and a 25 for 7 and was pretty happy. Bout fucking time!

Did dumbell front raises- I do them simultaneous and seated, I think they are harder this way.
30 x 15
35 x 9
40 x 5
dropped to 25 and did 15 more.
Despite being low carbed I was getting a good pump.

Next was cable side laterals one arm at a time.
I have been having trouble developing my side delts, my traps just take over the movement- so I did them one arm at a time leaned out away from the cable station and squeezed up with the lightest setting. Held the contracted position for a 2 count.
4 sets of 10 killed me, but I felt my side delts and managed to keep my fucking traps out of it.
Had a good pump too.
Went from there to behind the neck presses (light) with a fixed bar supersetted with strict dumbell side laterals.
Started with a 50 lb fixed did 11 strict reps, and 10 strict reps on sides.
Moved to a 60 fixed got 8, got 8 good side lateral reps and 2 shitty ones.
Did a 60 one more time got 7, dropped to a 30 lb fixed did 10 with a 3 second hold in the hole, and did sides for 6 with 4 shitty ones.
Did some rotator cuff work, external rotation and got the fuck out a there.

Yesterday was hams.

I got up and did a more intense cardio, had to go to chiro, come back make meals go to gym before work. It was my last day of low carb, I was practically keto. Felt like ass, and weak as shit.

Deads:
warmed up 135 x 225 x10 315x 10

405 x 8
425 x 7
455 x 4

One leg leg curl.

60 x10
60 x 10
60 x 8 drop to 50 6 more

hyperextensions.
4 sets of 10

leg extension.
240 x 16
310 x 11
310 x 10

Did some pulldowns just to work on getting the 'feel' for my upper back, Im trying to re-learn back movements so I can get better stimulation- I have been training 24 years and have NO back, not just a so so back I mean NONE- I am fucking determined before I leave this world to have some development back there, after all I have the muscles I just need to make the pussies grow.

Last night was back and chest.

Ended up getting called into work after working 10 hours so I had to squeeze in this workout.
Its a maintenance workout but I still take it seriously and I hate being rushed. The plan was all reps and squeezing nothing less than 10.

I was in such a rush I just made sure I got at least 10 but didnt count if I got 15 or more I just did it til I couldnt.

Pulldowns to the front 10-12 120 for 2 sets 135 for one set 150 for one set
Chest press 10 -12 """"

Reverse grip pulldowns, neutral grip press same 2 stattions

3 sets 120 135 150 for each machine 10-12 reps each

Seated cable rows with 3 second holds dumbell press.

rows 140 x 20? 240 x 15? 340 x 12
presses with 50's 15? 12 10

cable pullover with face pulls
50 lbs on pullovers- 15? 15? 12 10
face pulls 40lbs 10, 10, 10, 10

external rotations with cable / push ups

10 per side for 3 sets
4 sets of around 15 each, again I was hurrying and trying to get it done in under an hour.
With that workout, thats ok, although it annoyed me I was behind the eight ball like that.
What I noticed when I got back home was my damn pump was unreal.
Also with my back movements, my back was still tight for a couple hours afterwards.
I have found this kind of angle with my pulldowns, with a slight lean back and not letting the bar come to full extension on the negative and stopping it an inch or two short, my lats flare out nicely instead of them becoming slack and I can feel my back stretching and contracting which has been a real problem for me.
I think I may have some sort of breakthrough on back work, it only too me 24 years.

I fully hear what you're saying about not going full extension on your overhead negatives with back. Been doing that for about 6 months now, getting as wide as a barn door. It's like all I needed was that little tweak and they were ready to expand. I also find for width, I don't understand fully why other than maybe hip positioning, meadows rows have helped in that department as well. Super slow controlled reps with a full extension and scapula rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARMS:

Well my shoulder was giving me some serious shit yesterday, it was better today but I was not going to take chances with my arm workout.
So, I took the same philosophy with arms as I did with back, all feeling the movement and keeping the tension right on the fucking muscle.

I started off with pressdowns using the v handle.
I warmed up got some good blood flow and then started off with 60lbs.

I could do 10 very strict reps with that weight, the 10th my form would just melt so I might do one more but 10 Ill count.
Did 4 sets then on the last dropped to 40 and squeezed out 7 more.

Next was the neutral grip extension machine. I had to play around to get a good weight, that ended up being half the stack, no clue what the actual lb-age was.
4 sets of 10
same thing, squeezing like crazy, and dropped on the last set for about 1/4 the stack and got 8 more.
By now I had a crazy pump going, one of the better pumps I had in a while and my arms were buring.

Cable kick backs, reverse grip
3 sets of 10 with 30, just getting a twist and squeeze on them.

INcline dumbell curls supersetted with wide grip pressdowns.

25's for 10 and 50 for 10
Again the form was strict hold the contraction.
3 sets of these and my arms were looking ridiculous.
The stretch and burn on incline curls was awesome.

Machine preaher curls.
60 x 10
70 x 8
60 x 10
drop 40 x 8
again same thing, slow negative and a good 1-2 pause on the contraction.

Concentration curls.
Did 25lbs 3 sets of 10 on each arm, I had to do forced reps with my free hand to get 10 on the last set. My arm was pumping good and I was getting a good mind muscle thing with my bis.

Last was hammer curls both arms same time.

3 sets of 10, with 25lbs good squeeze and then after my form broke down did a couple cheat reps, not really cheat more like I let my shoulder help a little.

Today was legs:
I am trying something new, as Im trying to cut, but dont want to crush too much cardio and turn myself into a toothpic.
So, today is legs, tonight will be a light shoulder workout, light weights only.
This way Ill get a second bump in metabolic rate without the cardio, I wouldnt do cardio today anyways because its leg day, but doing shoulder work wont mess with my legs.
Its my day off from work, so Ill be able to eat now, take a short nap and go back tonight about 7 o'clock.

Leg extensions.

2 warm ups.

245 x 20
stack x 10
stack x 11
stack x 10
drop set 210 x 11
drop set 135 x 7

Squats. Hip was tight but my IT band was fine.

135 x10
225 x10
315 x 7
365 x 4
405 x 1
425 x 1
315 x8
315 x 7
225 x 11
225 x 9

Lunges
fixed barbell 110 lbs
walked end to end in the building by the carido machines.
3 sets

Workout#2 was shoulders.

Started off by pre-exhausting.
Cable side laterals one arm at a time.

30 x 15
40 x 12
40 x 12
40 x 13

Front raises, both arms simultaneously.
20 x 20
25 x 15
25 x 13

Rear delts on rear delt machine.

100 x 17
120 x 12
120 x 12
drop to 70 hold contracted position for a 3 count x 10

Presses (dumbell)
40 x 17
50 x 12
60 x 9
70 x 7
drop to 40's x 10

face pulls.
30 x 20
40 x 15
50 x 10
60 x 8

That was it, done in about 45 minutes, nothing to heavy nothing off the charts intense, just good ol pump.
Felt good, wasnt tired. Im not planning on doing these all the time, but Im going to mix them in on certain days, I will still be doing cardio but I dont want to wear myself out doing cardio all the time and just killing my muscle...what I have left of it anyways.
Current bodyweight is 255, and I have lost bodyfat a ton, but I had a shit ton to start with, so I m starting to look 'ok' Ill post a pic here soon and do a comparison with the start pic, I can already tell a difference.

Last edited:
So heres some progress pics.

Blue shorts are the start pics. Red shorts are today, no pump no silly tricks to look better, just shot the pics for straight on comparison.
The spot right above my waistband is the real problem, because of my truss I wear for my hernia I deposited an extra thick muffin top shit right there, so while other areas are starting to look good that piece of shit is still fucked up, but progress has been made thats whats important.

Umm yeah, thats not me^^^lol

Gotta busy day ahead of me tommorow so I went ahead and did my back workout.

reverse grip pulldowns shoulder width:

warmed up 105, 135

150 x 20
165 x 15
180 x 11

Close grip pulldowns. Neutral grip.
135 x 13
150 x 10
165 x 8
drop to 90 and did 14

Bent rows-went heavy here.

135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 7
315 x 4

Pulldowns neutral grip wide bar.

135 x 17
150 x 14
150 x 14

Shrugs supersetted with rhomboid bench shrugs.

100lb dumbells x 12 50lbs x 10
100 x 12 , 50 x 10
100 x 10 , 50 x 10

done

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner