over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

America Dead Last In Healthcare

Skynet here we come!

There is an AI company in China named Skynet - not even kidding.

The founder loves The Terminator movies.

Kaiser for example
Owns the building, the hospitals , the offices , the doctor's , nurses etc everyone on payroll- the bought the machines - testing labs own, pharmacy owns

Now the are the insurance carrier - when you have exorbitant prices for expenses that aren't really hitting cash, meaning no money is being withdrawn ... because really how long till you recover the cost of equipment - probably not as long as they depreciate it , say 10 years

So it's creative accounting , huge expenses , some hit cash others don't - great real revenue equals huge cash retention and a loss on paper for government or significantly less income then actual

Kaiser Permanente reports $4.5B net income in second quarter​

Meanwhile ?

I have not had health care many times in my life and never thought it was my due just because i was breathing air. Food and shelter is probably more important. anyone that complains that people should have free health care i always remind them that they can donate there own time or money up to the level that their conscience allows to help the cause....which i know how much that usually is. There is only a certain amount of money in the world and how much are people willing to give up so others can have more. Mostly people want some one else make the sacrifice. And when i run the numbers rich people don't have enough money to pay for all programs people want them to.

Well, they are called human rights, they are agreements that the most advanced societies come to have to grant prosperity and a dignified life to as many people as possible. For example, the US constitution says that people have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. None of this is a natural law, it is only an agreement reached by some citizens. In other places, they have gone further and added the right to education and health services.

Ill gladly compete for jobs, work for a living, and pay for my own needs (housing, health care) etc.

In a real human society, you would not have to compete for anything, that is what differentiates humans from animals (or should), who can collaborate and overcome the limitations imposed by nature. But we do not live in a true civilization, it is just the same mentality of thousands of years ago but with more sophisticated destructive toys.

Well, they are called human rights, they are agreements that the most advanced societies come to have to grant prosperity and a dignified life to as many people as possible. For example, the US constitution says that people have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. None of this is a natural law, it is only an agreement reached by some citizens. In other places, they have gone further and added the right to education and health services.
Without a organized construct, such as a government. You would still have life, freedom to roam(unless oppressed), and could do anything you wanted the lent "happiness". The government doesn't provide any of that. It only limits it.

In a real human society, you would not have to compete for anything, that is what differentiates humans from animals (or should), who can collaborate and overcome the limitations imposed by nature. But we do not live in a true civilization, it is just the same mentality of thousands of years ago but with more sophisticated destructive toys.
Without competition you have equality of outcome, which means someone(or group) is being inhibited/oppressed/suppressed. There's an argument that reasonable limitations should be set to guarantee opportunities but absence of competition is absence of accomplishment. I can't see that turning out well for any civilization

anyone that complains that people should have free health care i always remind them that they can donate there own time or money up to the level that their conscience allows to help the cause....which i know how much that usually is.

if the money to that was used to do it didn't come out of my paycheck.

You don't want your tax money to go to pay for lazy fat who eat burgers or crack addicts, but they don't mind if their money goes to the pentagon for the army to invade countries and murder innocent people, or the federal government ask money from the federal devaluing your money and making you poorer?

I understand, rationally and morally, that someone is in disagreement with the intervention of a government in the economy, all good with that, but then, you must be more angry with what costs more than your taxes.

People are so idiot that they always blame what is barely a cost of the total sum of their taxes: immigrants, poor, sick.

The state absorbs much more for the bureaucracy and the army than for social aid.

You don't want your tax money to go to pay for lazy fat who eat burgers or crack addicts, but they don't mind if their money goes to the pentagon for the army to invade countries and murder innocent people, or the federal government ask money from the federal devaluing your money and making you poorer?

I understand, rationally and morally, that someone is in disagreement with the intervention of a government in the economy, all good with that, but then, you must be more angry with what costs more than your taxes.

People are so idiot that they always blame what is barely a cost of the total sum of their taxes: immigrants, poor, sick.

The state absorbs much more for the bureaucracy and the army than for social aid.
You're going to get the thread locked. Too much to unpack here before this devloves into a mess. We all have different views on where taxes should go.

Back to healthcare. You're in another part of the world than U.S., correct? What are some of the pros and cons of your particular health care situation?

Without competition you have equality of outcome, which means someone(or group) is being inhibited/oppressed/suppressed. There's an argument that reasonable limitations should be set to guarantee opportunities but absence of competition is absence of accomplishment. I can't see that turning out well for any civilization

You don't have to compete for survival where some win and live, and others lose and die, that was the point, you can compete for a thousand other things, like a stupid trophy at a bodybuilding show. Access to the necessities of life that would be possible to provide in our technical and scientific reality if resources were used properly does not prevent humans from having other motivations and aspirations.

You don't have to compete for survival where some win and live, and others lose and die, that was the point, you can compete for a thousand other things, like a stupid trophy at a bodybuilding show. Access to the necessities of life that would be possible to provide in our technical and scientific reality if resources were used properly does not prevent humans from having other motivations and aspirations.
I don't totally disagree with this. I was responding to your response to qbkilla specific statement.

You're going to get the thread locked. Too much to unpack here before this devloves into a mess. We all have different views on where taxes should go.

Back to healthcare. You're in another part of the world than U.S., correct? What are some of the pros and cons of your particular health care situation?

I don't know about other countries, but Romania has health care for everyone. It is universal. Not the best at times, but you can get private care for a very low cost. They do have good medical for private insurance and I feel comfortable with it if I had a life threatening disease. My wife tells me gifts to Doctors go far for care too. Yes, throw an extra 100 lei in someone's pocket and they will get more personal. 100 lei is a little less then $25 USD. Again, no biggie for me. Procedures here are a fraction of the cost compared to USA too.

I will give you an example. I been trying Emsculpt. I will make a thread soon and tell you my honest opinion. Cost in USA start out at $750 per treatment. You can get six treatments here for the price of one. Good medical will not leave you in the poor house here.

Benefits: I get blood tests when I want, if I have an accident or illness, they will treat me no matter what else.

Cons: All the solutions to my problems go through the magnifying glass of the pharmaceutical industry and institutionalized medicine, that is, I am just a guinea pig.

Nobody cares about my health nor will they offer me healthy alternatives and prevention methods. If I want to seek my health, I will have to pay nutritionists, alternative medicine, etc...

I don't know about other countries, but Romania has health care for everyone. It is universal. Not the best at times, but you can get private care for a very low cost. They do have good medical for private insurance and I feel comfortable with it if I had a life threatening disease. My wife tells me gifts to Doctors go far for care too. Yes, throw an extra 100 lei in someone's pocket and they will get more personal. 100 lei is a little less then $25 USD. Again, no biggie for me. Procedures here are a fraction of the cost compared to USA too.

I will give you an example. I been trying Emsculpt. I will make a thread soon and tell you my honest opinion. Cost in USA start out at $750 per treatment. You can get six treatments here for the price of one. Good medical will not leave you in the poor house here.
Same as in Mexico. Despite some of my fellow Americans thinking it’s a “shithole” healthcare is quite good if you know where to find it and have a small amount of money relatively speaking. I pay $450/month for insurance. I could just put that in a HSA if I lived there and I would be fine. Dental is very good and very affordable too.

This is based on speaking with many expatriates and locals over the years collecting information for our retirement.

Despite what they choose to call it, health care can not be a human right. This is because you can not force someone to provide another with a service as that would violate their right. If an ebola plague spread and doctors quit to not risk catching it, healthcare would not be available. To make it available we could have to force doctors back to work which is essentially slavery.

I agree with this in many ways. But we do live in a true human society and greed and competition exist and always will. Humans are mammals and there is no way to get everyone on earth to collaborate and care for eachother. That is idealism, a mindset that is harmful.

Picture a father that expects his two sons to become the ideal man. Jay Cutler physique and acquired bill gates wealth. He created a plan for his son's to become this ideal. They probably won't make it to 30 before some mental illness or stress or aas abuse related problem destroys them.

Never mind the fact that the traditional military machine will be useless in a modern global conflict.

There is a reason Russia and China are pumping all they can into autonomous weaponry, AI, and cyberwarfare. Neither one will sign on to LAWS either.

China plans to be the world leader in AI by 2030. Putin has said that the nation that leads the way in AI will rule the world.

They know they can't beat the US in traditional might, but that may not be necessary.

I think you're on to something, wars will no longer be won by physicality. there may come a time when there are no troops needed, period

Same as in Mexico. Despite some of my fellow Americans thinking it’s a “shithole” healthcare is quite good if you know where to find it and have a small amount of money relatively speaking. I pay $450/month for insurance. I could just put that in a HSA if I lived there and I would be fine. Dental is very good and very affordable too.

This is based on speaking with many expatriates and locals over the years collecting information for our retirement.
I know this to be true, as well. I have friends/former clients that moved outside Guadalajara. They run a large commercial equipment rental business for construction. They have an "international insurance policy" which I don't know details of, but according to them the facilities and care in Puerto Vallarta(which is a medical hub) rival facilities in Houston, to which I'm personally familiar with. Houston is basically the medical epicenter for the U.S.

That being said, I've been all over Mexico and much of it is quite rickety

I know this to be true, as well. I have friends/former clients that moved outside Guadalajara. They run a large commercial equipment rental business for construction. They have an "international insurance policy" which I don't know details of, but according to them the facilities and care in Puerto Vallarta(which is a medical hub) rival facilities in Houston, to which I'm personally familiar with. Houston is basically the medical epicenter for the U.S.

That being said, I've been all over Mexico and much of it is quite rickety
You’re right on the last comment. We’ve driven up and down the pacific surfing unknown breaks as far as deep into Oaxaca. My girlfriend had a fever that lasted 5 days (when Covid hit so we always wonder if we got Covid) and we tracked down a doctor and we’re seen in an open air clinic, I literally was slapping mosquitoes while talking to the doctor. Aiyyyyyy!

That is rural though. Cities become quite good. Mexico City, Guadalajara , Vallarta, et al.

I think you're on to something, wars will no longer be won by physicality. there may come a time when there are no troops needed, period
A powerful EMP blast would take out most electronics and equipment. I believe that is one thing to be used in the future. Another is cyberwarfare.

I see people talk about human rights it when it supports their beliefs and wants. I would think what a society, not a politician, calls a human right is much like common sense. It is something the vast majority agree on. 80-90+%. I am a bit dubious that always giving people things as opposed to working for them will not help make them stronger more independent people. When i look back at when the federal government allowed life long welfare the number of people that got off it was not very big. And yes you are right about what the constitution says. You have the right to pursue those things. That is not a guarantee in the Constitution of achieving it. So people can not be stopped from pursuing heath care, jobs a place to live etc. The more and harder the pursuit the more likely to obtain and achieve those things.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear