over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anabolism : how much protein do you eat a day

I probably averaged about a 100 grams of protein a day my whole life. I've been up to 260 lbs and compete at the top of the heavyweight class. I would rather eat carbs and fat I stayed bigger and stronger. I tried upping my protein pre contest once on a recommendation from a coach and felt like crap so I just went back to eating how I normally do like shit. lol

how would you get a lot of carbs in if you're just eating veggies tho :confused:

Nowhere is it written in stone that you have to eat protein every 2-3 hours.

That 16 oz porterhouse steak and big green salad you ate four hours ago will still be circulating in your system by the time you eat another big protein meal again 2-3 hours after a huge carb meal.

Point being, I really enjoy the digestive results of staggering carb/fat meals and protein/fat meals. Eating pro/starchy carb/fat meals at every meal is not necessary and can be detrimental. Just my experience.

350 - 400, so 50 per meal, just depends how many hours am awake weather I eat 7 times or 8.

I also don't include protein from carbs sources like bread an potatoes.

Can't believe some of you lot are saying 150g

I eat about 1.5-2 grams per pound of BW.

As a true Ecto. with a physical job, I need it along with high carbs and moderate fats.

What do you guys mean you feel like crap when eating high amounts of protein? I am a week and a half out and my protein is at 400 grams per day. I eat 6 times a day so I eat 66 grams per meal (10 oz of chicken, 10 oz of frozen tilipia, egg whites, and whey protein). My carbs are at 410 grams per day and fats at 30 and I feel perfectly fine (digestion and energy) eating these high amounts of protein. I understand everyone is different as far as size, age, experience, knowledge, and overall health but If you're not feeling good eating high amounts of protein, you need to train harder and utilize the extra calories you're taking in, decrease the amount of carbs and/or fats with the high protein consumption, increase fiber and other micro nutrients, slowly build up your calories and not add a whole lot of extra food at one time, stay consistent with the amount of food you take in, and/or just eat cleaner.

If you are 1.5 wks out and feel perfectly "fine" you might not be lean enough unless you are living off crystal. Everyone I know who competes feels like death the last 2-4 weeks. Just an observation.

250-300 daily and make sure at lest 1 gallon water daily

If you are 1.5 wks out and feel perfectly "fine" you might not be lean enough unless you are living off crystal. Everyone I know who competes feels like death the last 2-4 weeks. Just an observation.

Maybe he's doing bikini:D

I'm 210, about 8% bf. I've eaten as much as 400g protien and felt sluggish and had bad digestion. Over time slowly reduced to 200, felt better. A couple months ago I dropped to 150 and increased carb intake and feel much better. Better digestion, better mood, and fuller muscles.

all y'all who are eating 300g+ a day, tell me, how much actual muscle tissue are you building from all of that in a year?
since that comes out to basically over 250 pounds of protein eaten in a year, you guys must be gaining HUGE amounts of muscles! right?
at least 100 pounds a year? no? 50? no?
even taking into account the protein need for basic metabolic requirements, that's still a massive surplus of protein. for what, 12-15 pounds net gain a year if you're lucky? and a lot less than that if you've been at it for years.

Last edited:
You guys must be meso/endomorphs I'm an ecto and never eat less than 300g when appetite and digestion is good iv been up to 400-500g the key is listening to your body and not force feeding if you build it up slowly your body will adapt.

And I sure as hell prefer to have too much protein vs too less in comparison to carbs and fats where too much a lot more likely to be stored as fat

250-300 daily and make sure at lest 1 gallon water daily
And about 2 grams of calcium because high protein intake inhibits calcium metabolism.

I'm eating 1.5-1.8g per lb of lean mass (about 195lbs) and feel fine. Growing as well. And, anecdotally, I've switched to more real food sources (as opposed to 4 shakes and 2 meals daily) and my strength has gone up even though my macros have remained the same

If you are 1.5 wkos out and feel perfectly "fine" you might not be lean enough unless you are living off crystal. Everyone I know who competes feels like death the last 2-4 weeks. Just an observation.
Ī
Theres no legitimate reason why you should feel like shit close to a contest. Some need to dig a little deeper then others due to factors such as how high their food intake was in the offseason, how lean they were to start prep, and how much of a hit their metablosim took throughout prep. Will you have bad days during prep sure but, if strategized well you can make the best out if it. Guys like to make prep seem like its a them against the world situation and make things over dramatic. Sure if you think restricting yourself to chicken broccoli and rice is the only way prep can be hell from day one

I can maintain between 250-300g. If I want to grow, I don't recover well unless I hit the 350g mark. 400g on some days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can maintain between 250-300g. If I want to grow, I don't recover well unless I hit the 350g mark. 400g on some days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but of memory serves me correctly your quite a low carb guy? I think the amount of carbs you eat had a big impact on protein requirements. My apologies of in mixing you up with with one else

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Lol ill post pics after the comp

Ī
Theres no legitimate reason why you should feel like shit close to a contest. Some need to dig a little deeper then others due to factors such as how high their food intake was in the offseason, how lean they were to start prep, and how much of a hit their metablosim took throughout prep. Will you have bad days during prep sure but, if strategized well you can make the best out if it. Guys like to make prep seem like its a them against the world situation and make things over dramatic. Sure if you think restricting yourself to chicken broccoli and rice is the only way prep can be hell from day one

exactly. If you're in hell the whole prep, clearly you got too fat in the off season, didn't have too long to prep, didn't have a good offseason by eating too little, or you have a bad coach. I started 16 weeks out with no cardio in the offseadon, at about 16%bf with 600 carbs, 130 fat, and 350 protein. Slowly added in cardio, decreased fats and carbs, and upped protein as needed. Now I'm a week out, haven't stopped putting on lean mass, and feeling great with energy and intensity. Its all about having a knowledgable and experienced coach and trusting the process

Never mind

Last edited:
Never mind

Haha don't do it man...:D

All I know is I've always felt like boo boo the last few weeks before a show. It's like you can see the finish line and there's a big plate of pancakes and bacon waiting on you. Between dieting 12-18 weeks and working full time and upping all the gear not sleeping from getting up to piss every hour, it gets pretty stressful.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws