over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anabolism : how much protein do you eat a day

exactly. If you're in hell the whole prep, clearly you got too fat in the off season, didn't have too long to prep, didn't have a good offseason by eating too little, or you have a bad coach. I started 16 weeks out with no cardio in the offseadon, at about 16%bf with 600 carbs, 130 fat, and 350 protein. Slowly added in cardio, decreased fats and carbs, and upped protein as needed. Now I'm a week out, haven't stopped putting on lean mass, and feeling great with energy and intensity. Its all about having a knowledgable and experienced coach and trusting the process

Completely untrue, this is a case by case type of situation. It didnt matter how lean I was at the beginning of my prep, the last 4 weeks I felt like walking death.
Some people tolerate prep better than others, just like some people tolerate drugs better than others, or more protein better than others.

120-180g - mostly from red meat. Hi fats, low carbs. Steady at 225lbs

Completely untrue, this is a case by case type of situation. It didnt matter how lean I was at the beginning of my prep, the last 4 weeks I felt like walking death.
Some people tolerate prep better than others, just like some people tolerate drugs better than others, or more protein better than others.

I think just being real lean regardless of how you get there can have a big impact on your energy Levels and how you feel. When I'm in the 10-12% I feel pretty Damn good even if I hardly ea all day and throw some cardio in. Once I get decently lean my body does not like tapping into energy. I never lose abs and never go below 300 carbs or 3000 calories and still feel like death after 8 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

id say about 200-250 protein right now... im ~220

youd have to be retired it take hours to open all that crab, its like eating whole grilled fish takes hours lol all those little bones

That's why there are employees and private chefs. And you're buying the wrong fish...

That's why there are employees and private chefs. And you're buying the wrong fish...

I like anything that has crispy scales and some fat to it Id say my top three are Halibut steaks, grouper steaks and sea bass steaks can eat those forever

I love whole fish too.

Most fish I buy to grill only has the central spine, which is easily removed, but they are local species that don't really have a name in English, I think.

I might be wrong but of memory serves me correctly your quite a low carb guy? I think the amount of carbs you eat had a big impact on protein requirements. My apologies of in mixing you up with with one else

Off Season, yes and no. I utilized carbs as needed for most of the year. While dieting, I do prefer my personal diet to be low in carbs for the final 4-8 weeks.
Regardless of that though, I essentially feel the same about my protein. When training with Dante Trudel years ago, I didn't have a set diet. I just knew 350g/day+ got me to grow muscle. Any less and I didn't recover, regardless of my carb intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off Season, yes and no. I utilized carbs as needed for most of the year. While dieting, I do prefer my personal diet to be low in carbs for the final 4-8 weeks.
Regardless of that though, I essentially feel the same about my protein. When training with Dante Trudel years ago, I didn't have a set diet. I just knew 350g/day+ got me to grow muscle. Any less and I didn't recover, regardless of my carb intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I'm the opposite. Without my carbs I can't recover for shit no mater how high fats and protein are. I like 300g protein or so though as I like eating meat. Sime times I might get 500 though just because I'm hungry at the end of the day and really fancy a huge bit of steak and eggs with some backed potato and cheese. I might not utilise all that protein but I'll go the bed with a full belly and a smile on my face:D

Once you hit a certain bf% you dont hold on to some important vitamins and minerals. And loose a lot of enzymes. Someone who feels great at this level ether is bless or loves clen.

Once you hit a certain bf% you dont hold on to some important vitamins and minerals. And loose a lot of enzymes. Someone who feels great at this level ether is bless or loves clen.

Not doubting you because I too feel like crap when very lean.
But do you have any research studies that show this?

This has been an eye-opening thread. I didn't realize there were that many guys eating on the low end of the protein spectrum. Sounds like it is more important to focus on the quality of the protein sources than it is to focus on the quantity. Time to rethink my game plan.

Not doubting you because I too feel like crap when very lean.
But do you have any research studies that show this?

Everytime I do a contest, I feel better and better with low bf. I got down to a legit %4 on 300carbs per day. I did, however throw in ephedrine near the end that helped with energy. Plus I used my secret formula too:D

Everytime I do a contest, I feel better and better with low bf. I got down to a legit %4 on 300carbs per day. I did, however throw in ephedrine near the end that helped with energy. Plus I used my secret formula too:D

And you are 265lbs of lbm as well.

THEBIGGUY84

I eat about 370G of protien on workout days and 330 on off days

THEBIGGUY84

You seem to feel pretty good when you are depleted as well.

Well as far as show day I felt great just a little tired but for the last 6 weeks leading up to the show my friggin calories where so low some days just no instant energy and sluggish but other than than def felt good being lean :)

THEBIGGUY84

Well as far as show day I felt great just a little tired but for the last 6 weeks leading up to the show my friggin calories where so low some days just no instant energy and sluggish but other than than def felt good being lean :)

THEBIGGUY84

Lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner