over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Diabetics here ?

dya

Registered
Im new to the board.Seems like a friendly place.Just wondering if any guys with Diabetes post here ? How does it affect your training etc.I was diagnosed with Type II end of last year which quickly progressed to Type I :( Its been around 6 months now and i seem to have things "Under Control" Especially interested if anyone competes while being diabetic.I have been doing a bit of dieting for an upcoming vacation and it does seem to be more difficult to lose fat ! 150g Carbs 300g Protein and 1 hour Cardio per day that im doing now would usually have it melting off by now :(

Im new to the board.Seems like a friendly place.Just wondering if any guys with Diabetes post here ? How does it affect your training etc.I was diagnosed with Type II end of last year which quickly progressed to Type I :( Its been around 6 months now and i seem to have things "Under Control" Especially interested if anyone competes while being diabetic.I have been doing a bit of dieting for an upcoming vacation and it does seem to be more difficult to lose fat ! 150g Carbs 300g Protein and 1 hour Cardio per day that im doing now would usually have it melting off by now :(

Doug Burns, Mr.USA, Mr.California, American Record Holding Strenght Champion, Keynote Speaker, Television, Radio, Conferences, Board of Director,ADA, is over 35 years w/T-1 Diabetes.

You can contact him at [email protected] is OK to mention my name, Doug will able to healp you.

Diabetes can effect your workout in many ways. try to keep your sugar level in between 70-140 before workout. If your blood sugar is below 70 it can make you weaker during your workouts. If your sugars are above 150 it can effect your oxygen an blood flow which weakens you by not getting all the nutrients to your muscles while working out which causes you to not be able to complete your sets. When your blood sugar is high it causes extra sugar that your body does not need to overflow the blood stream which makes it harder for the body to use all the nutrients it needs to fuel it while doing your workout. Try to keep your blood sugars normal constant high an low blood sugars can cause cardio vascular disease from the constant stretching of the blood passage ways. Its nice to see another diabetic on the board I have been one for 25 years now I know it sucks bro..

Diabetes can effect your workout in many ways. try to keep your sugar level in between 70-140 before workout. If your blood sugar is below 70 it can make you weaker during your workouts. If your sugars are above 150 it can effect your oxygen an blood flow which weakens you by not getting all the nutrients to your muscles while working out which causes you to not be able to complete your sets. When your blood sugar is high it causes extra sugar that your body does not need to overflow the blood stream which makes it harder for the body to use all the nutrients it needs to fuel it while doing your workout. Try to keep your blood sugars normal constant high an low blood sugars can cause cardio vascular disease from the constant stretching of the blood passage ways. Its nice to see another diabetic on the board I have been one for 25 years now I know it sucks bro..

Do you check your blood sugar during the workouts?

I have had diabetes. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I actually had acromegaly. You rapid movement from type 2 to type1 could be a result of a number of things including increasing igf-1 levels (igf-1 takes up the same receptor as insulin and decreases, at high levels almost nullifies insulin sensitivity). Make sure your endo has checked your c-peptide to see if you are still making insulin. It would do you well to ask him to check your igf-1 levels also. Good luck, bro. Keep your blood-sugar levels in check and you'll be good to go.

Do you check your blood sugar during the workouts?

I check them before my workouts an 20 Min's before I stop lifting. The reason I check them 20 Min's before because I will give myself some insulin (Humalog). So when I have my carb an protein shake my blood will be low so I take in more of the nutrients that way. I don't suggest anyone to do this unless they know how to do it safely.

I check them before my workouts an 20 Min's before I stop lifting. The reason I check them 20 Min's before because I will give myself some insulin (Humalog). So when I have my carb an protein shake my blood will be low so I take in more of the nutrients that way. I don't suggest anyone to do this unless they know how to do it safely.

Did you try to use the Animas Pump?

My wife has had Type I for 30 years now and she just started using a pump the last 2 years. The pump will give much better control of your blood sugars. She still has highs and lows day to day but no where near the fluctuations she would have with a basil insulin and Humalog.

Thanks for the input.Much appreciated.I understand the problems raised Blood Glucose Causes,as well as the dangers of Low Blood Glucose.My Doc thinks i have had Diabetes for around 2 years without me knowing.When i think back i had many of the symptoms.Tired,blurred vision,Passing a lot of water,no pump when training,even when eating high carbs.I found out as i had to visit my Doc for a case of thrush that wouldnt go away.Yeast infections are also common with Diabetes.Training is going much better now.Good pump etc.I have also started back on some low dose AAS,and my Glucose levels are even better since i started.I have seen some studies where some men with Type II Diabetes and low Testosterone where put on HRT and their Blood Glucose wa much more stable ! No GH anymore though.Just low dose AAS,which for me is maybe 500mg Test per week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131