over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody played Killzone 2?

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Man, what a game!! The graphics and lighting effects in that game take it to a whole new standard for gaming. The action is awesome, the surround sound totally immerses you. Just a fuckin' awesome game. Up til this point the "Call of Duty" series and the "Gears of War" games were my favorites, but Killzone 2 just wipes it's ass with those.:D I have a PS3 and an XBOX 360. Up to this point I wasn't convinced that the PS3 was that much better as far as graphics. I have no doubts about that now though. The 360 just can't match it.

Haven't tried online yet. I'm working my way through the game first. Then, I'll get on there and whip some ass.

damn! ill still have to try it out. i want a good 3rd person game for ps3.

It looks sweet!

damn! ill still have to try it out. i want a good 3rd person game for ps3.

Yeah, try it out. You won't regret it. Nonstop action from the second you grab the controller/

when did it come out? i played the shit out of killzone 1, i even have the giant display box that the stores had.

when did it come out? i played the shit out of killzone 1, i even have the giant display box that the stores had.

It just came out Friday, Feb 27.

nice, going to have to rent it.

bigboyj...?

so you can def tell a diff between the ps3 over the 360? i plan on purchasing one or the other and a new tv pretty soon and havent been able to decide on which one. if i go w the 360 then ill just get a 720p hdtv, but if i get the ps3 then ill have to step up to the 1080p. on a 40 inch lcd the difference probably wont be noticeable but i get caught up in the numbers game and find myself wanting the best...im rambling now, just wanted your unbiased opinion between the two.

actually i could prob just do a search i think there was a thread on this b4 but it takes time for the game developers to really take advantage of the hardware and like you said they have been pretty even so far. maybe there is a winner now?

FUNNY thing is i just tried it today when i went to visit parents/lil bro.
IST FUKING AWSOME!!!!
i liked alot. just beat resistance2 a few weeks ago when visiting and this game seemed similer but thats ok i loved that one also.
only played for abotu 1hr. will beat it this month om sure lol.

They say it is a HALO KILLER...what do you think??

I will be picking it up this week sometime.

I think it is the Halo killer, I was a huge Halo fan ....now I'm koo koo for killzone! Wait till heavy rain comes out, looks like your in a movie!

Good Idea godsend my name is BIGD0119

so you can def tell a diff between the ps3 over the 360? i plan on purchasing one or the other and a new tv pretty soon and havent been able to decide on which one. if i go w the 360 then ill just get a 720p hdtv, but if i get the ps3 then ill have to step up to the 1080p. on a 40 inch lcd the difference probably wont be noticeable but i get caught up in the numbers game and find myself wanting the best...im rambling now, just wanted your unbiased opinion between the two.

actually i could prob just do a search i think there was a thread on this b4 but it takes time for the game developers to really take advantage of the hardware and like you said they have been pretty even so far. maybe there is a winner now?

PS3 ALL THE WAY! Why would you even consider a 720p?? Aren't you going to want to do more than gaming? HDTV? BLUE RAY? The price of 1080 technology is very reasonable these days.:rolleyes:

put 2 40 inch tvs side by side one displaying 720p and the other 1080p and it would be hard to tell the diff. but your right, 1080 technology is very reasonable.

SSDark1, up until just this year, the 360 has actually had a slight edge over the PS3. Since the 360 was released first, game developers were making the games for the 360 first and were used to the 360's hardware. As a result, when the PS3 was released, games were ported over to it from the 360. That resulted in games not looking quite as sharp on the PS3 as they did the 360. But, this year that's changing. Game developers have realized the massive storage capacity of the bluray disk and the MUCH greater hardware capabilities of the PS3. Multiplatform games will start being developed for the PS3 first now, and then scaled down and ported over to the 360. The bluray disk allows for 6-8 times the game data to be stored than the dvd's the 360 uses. The result will be games that are enormous and detail that the 360 can't match. That combined with the PS3's superior hardware will create a whole new level of gaming. Plus, just check out some of the PS3 exclusives like "Infamous, Heavy Rain and God of War 3" that are coming out this year. This will be the year when the PS3 takes the lead and the 360's hardware will not allow it to catch up again.

Steak Helmet, I have the Halo games also and Killzone 2 just kills it.

Now as for the 720p vs 1080p, DEFINITELY do the 1080p. You CAN see the difference in the games when you put the two side by side. Plus, bluray is made to be seen in 1080p. The detail in the games is so much better when you have the 1080p. And eventhough many of PS3's games were made in a native 720p resolution, the PS3 is capable of upscaling the games to 1080p. And I can tell you, it DOES make a difference. I have a 52" 1080p lcd and I upscale all the games that arent native 1080p to that resolution....so much better. But then again, I have to have everything to it's fullest capabilities. I'm kind of a dork like that. But for those games that ARE native 1080p (which will start being more common), you wouldn't want them downscaled would you? Just the thought makes me shiver. :)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear