over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody use a Slingshot

inoverdrive

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just tried one that my friend has and this thing is unreal! Almost like a bench shirt. Kept my arms tucked in and gave that lil extra help. I tried to max without it after using it for a month and it has helped tremendously. Curious if anybody else uses one?

I started using one after I tore my left superspronodis although I compeated in PL many years ago I have always benched with my elbows out. I knew that after that injury I had to change my form if I wanted to keep doing flat barbell bench so I bought the yellow one. It's been a great training aid in teaching me to bench with elbows in. I'm now considering the red slingshot as my bench is 455 now b4 I got hurt I was getting 10 reps with 405 on my own which would put me at 500 for a single. My best ever was 565 raw in the 220s but that was many years ago. I'm 57 now and lifting heavy is very painful those slingshots also seem to ease the pain and I only use it on my last 2 heavy sets. So the moral of the story is I love it!

This thread just reminded me that I haven't used my Sling Shots in a while and I should dust them off and bring them out of retirement! I have the blue, red, & yellow one. I will admit they're a great training aid and will certainly teach you to bench with your elbows tucked in (especially the yellow one). When I'm using them regularly I tend to utilize the blue and red ones cuz I train with higher reps now as low-rep powerlifting isn't my main goal or focus. I think they're definitely worth the relatively small investment.

Yes.....use it regularly

When I compete around 8 weeks out I start to get a sore shoulder and I use smelly's sling shot to help the shoulders but I try not to bench heavy too much anymore.

Yea Ive never had a strong bench press. But got to the 400 plus bench and hit 315 for 12 reps which I have never been able to do. Hell I was lucky to get 315 for two before lol

I'm always confused which one to get.
and size

I'm always confused which one to get.
and size
What he said. Any vet users have input for a weakling looking for some support from an injury to right shoulder and elbow?

Guys there is a new model of it out there. check that out..

sling shot sport its called

it's out or coming out very soon in some countries

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Guys....here is your best resource for anything related to the SlingShot training aids:

Go to howmuchyabench.net and you'll find anything/everything you need to know about all 4 of the currently available models of the SlingShot. Each one is described in great detail as far as the material its made from, the experience level of the lifter it's designed for, the specific training goals its designed for, and how to order the proper size and fit. Most or all of your questions can be answered from this site. Hope this helps!

Super Training Gym is a good organization with quality products and people.

I have there elbow sleeves and knee sleeves but I have never tried the slingshot.

I use the Maddog version.....it gives me 66 lbs over raw max bench press.

I have there elbow sleeves and knee sleeves but I have never tried the slingshot.
Never tried it either, but I may give one a shot to see how it does for my heavier bench days.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Does it put more emphasis on the chest? I must use my shoulders too much on bench. They are a lot bigger than my chest. I need something that forces me to target the muscle more. I dont even care if I can lift heavier.

Does it put more emphasis on the chest? I must use my shoulders too much on bench. They are a lot bigger than my chest. I need something that forces me to target the muscle more. I dont even care if I can lift heavier.

Kind of......pulls my shoulders down and forces me to keep my elbows closer to my body lessening the need for the front delts.

I promise it will be one of the best tools for chest you will ever buy. Size wise it depends on your body weight. Like Devenidas said, there is more detail on howmuchyabench.

Another great product I have purchased is the elbow sleeves from Iron Rebel! best pair I have ever got!! Keeps my elbows nice and comfortable during tricep workouts or anything overhead.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws