over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ARM SIZE

It doesn't matter how big in inches they are, as long as they look big compared to the rest of your body. I put on about an inch on my last tren cycle, but I did arms 2-3x a week. I got good results with spider curl for reps.

Well that's the thing. My shoulders are big and my back and legs are big, so my arms are disproportionately small I feel. My shoulders respond very well and grow even if I don't hit them directly, so its hard for me to catch up w arms.

arms are kinda my thing....tris are 2/3 of an upper arm.

most guys and gals with larger size arms, have great tris...

add that with a nice bi peak, and you have some impressive looking
arms...

how do you train arms..??? how do you approach them..???
heavy..??? volume..???........both..???

this is my right...21.5 and lean..... my arms are overly developed.
Damn, thats impressive bro.

everyone, almost everyone, says u gotta do more. MORE work.
then when u get an inch or 2, now what? yep. more. more and more and more for tiny muscle groups.
so what, eventually yr doing 50 sets heavy twice a week? 3 times a week? for muscles that get worked every time u do chest shoulders and back anyway?

I will try doing the alternating between heavy and light bi v tri days and see how it goes. I have never really hit arms crazy anyway, assumiong they would develop as my chest and back developed

arms are kinda my thing....tris are 2/3 of an upper arm.

most guys and gals with larger size arms, have great tris...

add that with a nice bi peak, and you have some impressive looking
arms...

how do you train arms..??? how do you approach them..???
heavy..??? volume..???........both..???

this is my right...21.5 and lean..... my arms are overly developed.

What do you do for forearms and biceps in general?

then when u get an inch or 2, now what? yep. more. more and more and more for tiny muscle groups.
so what, eventually yr doing 50 sets heavy twice a week? 3 times a week? for muscles that get worked every time u do chest shoulders and back anyway?

It would seem obvious to me that one would modify their training once they have reached the specific goal/goals they have set for themselves. At that point you would analyze and assess your physique, then set new goals and design a training strategy to achieve them. :cool:

I agree with picking 2-3 movements that YOU feel work the targeted muscle best and working on perfecting those lifts and poundages on those lifts.

I always tell guys that ask me about bicep training, you can stand on your head, do all kinds of angles and machines etc but essentially the bicep brings the lower arm up. PERIOD. its a VERY simple muscle. Tricep is a bit more complex but not much. ie I feel tricep exercises should include an extension movement AND a press movement, whereas any bicep exercise is pretty much just a curl...

from my experience, I have a partially torn bicep and haven't trained biceps directly in over 8 years... I don't think they have lost a cm of size. they haven't grown but, they haven't lost any size. makes ya think...

for better arms, I would focus on your triceps. I would say train bis and tris INTENSE and sad to say genetics (your unique skeletal frame and muscle fiber make up) will ultimately dictate your arm size. only seo and/or site injects will enhance them further... just my 2 cents.
-F2S

What do you do for forearms and biceps in general?

i have a LEGIT "arm day"....as well as hitting them some
with other movements...

i hit some super drop sets for tris after delts...
and ill hit the same for for bis after back, or legs.

i hit arms at all angles....normally 1 heavy set. (after a super warm up)
then ALL drop sets...

hammers build big bis......:lightbulb:
rope for volume....bells for heavy

close grip BP VOLUME for tri......
progressive OL pushdowns....followed by super drops...:lightbulb:
BOTH GRIPS.....over and under..
barbell skull crushers...slow and controlled..

:cool:

heres a pic....same arm....over 15 years ago.

ive been doing arms the same way for over 20years.
this is how much they have grown since then....

18+in. here...6ft 230lbs.

things will not happen overnight.....

Attachments

• jasonpic3gif jpg.jpg
    jasonpic3gif jpg.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 386
It doesn't matter how big in inches they are, as long as they look big compared to the rest of your body. I put on about an inch on my last tren cycle, but I did arms 2-3x a week. I got good results with spider curl for reps.

Tren only?

No offense but looks like some SEO has been in that arm once of twice. Lol

No offense taken Bro, never used Synthol, but I have injected gear in my triceps. That pic was PUMPED to the max after an hour high volume LIGHT workout. Here's a pic of my arm cold.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Attachments

• DEC 2015 20 inches cold (360x640).jpg
    DEC 2015 20 inches cold (360x640).jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 378
You guys have some good peaks . Thats genetics. I have the oval football shaped bis:mad:

No offense taken Bro, never used Synthol, but I have injected gear in my triceps. That pic was PUMPED to the max after an hour high volume LIGHT workout. Here's a pic of my arm cold.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky
Nice peak on your bicep brother, that looks a lot better than the other pic when you were pumped...

Arms lag for lots of us who don't have quite the best genetics. My arms lag in size, but they're strong, and I've been able to increase in strength regularly, so that should result in some size eventually, right? For me, I think I may not be training quite as effectively as I should. I'm a firm believer that there is some technique to how the muscle is contracted during the lift that I'm not getting because whenever I train biceps no matter the exercise, I get sore from the elbow in a muscle that seems to run underneath the biceps (I'm guessing the brachial-is) but never the bulk of the biceps themselves. It's as if in my contraction that the biceps isn't firing like it should to take the weight. I've tried lighter weights to just concentrate on fully flexing the biceps, and it still happens.

For triceps, same kind of thing happens. Feels like some other part is taking the full force of the movement and it isn't fully going to the bulk of the triceps. Lately I've been able to sort of consciously tense the full triceps as I slowly do a movement, and I've become quite sore, but most of the time it's the same thing where I get sore in some underlying muscle and don't gain any size.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well. Is there anyone else who has experienced the same thing? I'm almost positive that for anyone who has trouble with arm size that it has to do with the actual technique/motion of how they are physically lifting and not the types of exercises they are doing.

No....you find "other ways" of doing more...more wieght, more frequency, more TUT until you progress their...then change another variable..we're no training for marathons or endurance here, but a certain amount of increased volume is just another variable we can use to "progress"

i have a LEGIT "arm day"....as well as hitting them some
with other movements...

i hit some super drop sets for tris after delts...
and ill hit the same for for bis after back, or legs.

i hit arms at all angles....normally 1 heavy set. (after a super warm up)
then ALL drop sets...

hammers build big bis......:lightbulb:
rope for volume....bells for heavy

close grip BP VOLUME for tri......
progressive OL pushdowns....followed by super drops...:lightbulb:
BOTH GRIPS.....over and under..
barbell skull crushers...slow and controlled..

Tenny, very close to how I've intstictively trained my "guns" over the years, which happen to be my best bodypart....quite easily....Hit them direct at least once or twice directly maybe one direct "arms day" and another direct day after a chest, back, or delts routine....and often an indirect 2-3 sets of maybe 15-20 kinda "pump sets" as an ocaisional indirect day after a bodypart thats already warmed them up a little....

Some people have weak arms. There always going to be weak. It's genetics. Look at ben pak. Just train em hard mix it up and get in your protein. It just takes time

ill set you up with a blaster arm routine..

email us.

Can I get in on that program please? My arms are out of proportion. Especially my biceps. Thanks bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heres a pic....same arm....over 15 years ago.

ive been doing arms the same way for over 20years.
this is how much they have grown since then....

18+in. here...6ft 230lbs.

things will not happen overnight.....

to be fair, that big arm is attached to a big guy;)

to the OP, you will likely find if you get big everywhere, arms will too
-F2S

For me...having a specific arm day every week. Higher reps with good contractions and lots of intensity techniques se to do it best. Heavier weight just leads to tendinitis for me. I'm currently using less weight for arms than I did years ago, but they're bigger than ever

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear