over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Average income of a top IFBB Pro

dr intensity

Registered
hi guys
What do you think! How Much Does an IFBB pro earns! with all the contracts with big companies, endorsing their products and doing 1 or 2 shows each year, and winning it. For Example lets consider the TOP-15 Olympia contenders, they have to be their country`s best and then win a qualifier each year.

How much would they spend on FOOD, AAS, training, therapies, coaches etc, on an yearly basis.

would appreciate your input.

Dr Intensity

The top guys are getting anywhere from $75,000-150,000 to 500,000 or more per year, and that's just one show.. Not including amateur shows/events, or even guest speaking/hosting events...

Of course we all know about the endorsements $, supps and clothing line,books, businesses/gyms/restaurants, modeling... I can go on and on.

Lots of these guys gets most their dietary intake for little to nothing, and they too shop whole sale.

Some even win cars/trucks at some events or even given to them for certain perks or rewards.

For AAS? For some, they spend thousands on HGH and AAS per month, and many in excess from 50,000 - 100,000 per year.

Keep in mind though, that many of these guys market themselves, and get to train at many places for free. And many have their own programs with trainers, as their network can also be huge.

As we all know, few then 25-20% even hold such incomes at some of these levels.. A large % of these guys from amateur to guys on pro cards do in fact have outside jobs from the training.

We already know how hard it is to make it in this sport/lifestyle..,so I really don't need to go into detail about this. On the trials and tribulations that these men and women go through daily to pursue their dream.
Many have died trying, and many have ended up in prison to supplement their incomes to support this selfish lifestyle..

This is just my opinion as there is also lots of truth here.......

Last edited:
Also, before people get the wrong idea too.. Many have also retired with a beautiful family, kids wife, grand-kids , some wealthy, and some average... Some even lost families do to how selfish this lifestyle can really be....

Not much for the time, effort and possible health issues.

I'd say only a handful of the top 15 at the O are making 100,000+

I guess it depends on entrepreneurship as well . There are a lot of ways being a bodybuilder can lead you.

Not much for the time, effort and possible health issues.

I'd say only a handful of the top 15 at the O are making 100,000+

So base on your statement Phil Heath, Jay cutler, Kai green make 100k a year ?

lol what a fucking joke, don't make shit up if you don't know !!!

Jay cutler was a guest at one of the supplement store in my area for 4 hours , made 30k right there !!

Last edited:
The top guys are getting anywhere from $75,000-150,000 to 500,000 or more per year, and that's just one show.. Not including amateur shows/events, or even guest speaking/hosting events...

So base on your statement Phil Heath, Jay cutler, Kai green make 100k a year ?

lol what a fucking joke, don't make shit up if you don't know !!!

Jay cutler was a guest at one of the supplement store in my area for 4 hours , made 30k right there !!
Yeah man, all day long!

30k!!??? at a guest posing?

just making sure again 30k!?

If true....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :)

In spring of 2009, Victor Martinez guest posed at a show I competed in. After the show, Vic was hanging out in the lobby and my cousin goes straight up to him and asks, "so how much does a pro bodybuilder like you make in a year?"

Vic replies, "between 230 and 240."

"so like 235 then...?" my cousin says.

"Yeah about that.". Says Vic.

I watched it happen. Idk if I was more taken back by my cousin's bold question, or by Victor's completely candid response...

Anyway...just my .02

In spring of 2009, Victor Martinez guest posed at a show I competed in. After the show, Vic was hanging out in the lobby and my cousin goes straight up to him and asks, "so how much does a pro bodybuilder like you make in a year?"

I watched it happen. Idk if I was more taken back by my cousin's bold question, or by Victor's completely candid response...

Anyway...just my .02

He is/was also a business owner

Not guest posing !

he was there at store signings autographs... I asked the manager how much they paid for him to come, she said 30k plus paying for his meals, flight and hotel

Anyway...just my .02

That actually sounds like its in the right ballpark to me - just guessing though.

Their income varies greatly from guy to guy, but some put in the work on the buisness side of things

There was a video a while back on MD with Flex, Shawn Ray & Ronnie where Flex said back in the 90's he was making around 230K from his one sponsor. He said the more appearances he made the more money he got. I think he said his base salary was 130K but with all the appearances he was doing he was getting closer to the 230K mark

Jay and Phil's Muscletech contracts are 7 figures people! Do you really think that Gerard Dente doesn't pay Victor and Kai worth a crap either. Don't forget the Dennis Wolf BSN, Ronnie's BSN and on and on. Watch the videos on YouTube. Check out Dennis Wolf's house if you don't think he makes much. I'd be willing to bet he paid cash for that house in Vegas, and it ain't a shanty. There are tons of guys I haven't named like Branch Warren. I'll bet Branch pulled down at least 500k last year if not more. Just can't believe you guys are doubting this stuff. It costs $7500 plus transportation, lodging, and food just to get a non competitive pro to come and guest pose at a contest. I'm sure there are some guys here that have promoted a show and know what it costs. I think there's a lot more money in the game for a top 12 Olympia/Arnold guy than people imagine. It all depends on how you promote yourself. There are guys that do an excellent job promoting themselves, and there are ones that disappear into the woodwork after a show. Brandon Curry comes to mind there. He keeps moving up and improving, but where's he at? The guys that make the cover of MD regularly are the money guys in the sport Phil, Jay, Branch, Dennis. Every month it's one of those guys on MD.

Jay and Phil's Muscletech contracts are 7 figures people! Do you really think that Gerard Dente doesn't pay Victor and Kai worth a crap either. Don't forget the Dennis Wolf BSN, Ronnie's BSN and on and on. Watch the videos on YouTube. Check out Dennis Wolf's house if you don't think he makes much. I'd be willing to bet he paid cash for that house in Vegas, and it ain't a shanty. There are tons of guys I haven't named like Branch Warren. I'll bet Branch pulled down at least 500k last year if not more. Just can't believe you guys are doubting this stuff. It costs $7500 plus transportation, lodging, and food just to get a non competitive pro to come and guest pose at a contest. I'm sure there are some guys here that have promoted a show and know what it costs. I think there's a lot more money in the game for a top 12 Olympia/Arnold guy than people imagine. It all depends on how you promote yourself. There are guys that do an excellent job promoting themselves, and there are ones that disappear into the woodwork after a show. Brandon Curry comes to mind there. He keeps moving up and improving, but where's he at? The guys that make the cover of MD regularly are the money guys in the sport Phil, Jay, Branch, Dennis. Every month it's one of those guys on MD.

Exactly !

Not to mention how much they charge an hour to train someone ! I know a Pro ( abbas Khatami ) that charges 300 a session... he is not well known and he charges that much

That's not a lifetime till you retire type of income.After a short time in the limelight you aren't going to command those incomes from endorsements and guest appearances any more......in my eyes not worth the negative impact on health, relationships and expense it takes to get there.

I agree, Tom. I think that there's more money to be had than these guys think, though.

My 2 cents:
I grew up in Hawaii. In the late 80's and early 90's they had the Hawaiian Island Bodybuilding Championships or whatever it was called. My father played golf with one of the promoters. One year [around 90-91] they had four guest posers Shawn Ray, Achim Albrecht, Anja Langer and John Hanizeck [sp?]. The promoter told my dad had a $15K budget just for those four people. I'll assume that included airfare to HI and lodging and of course their appearance fee. So almost $4K average per person and that was 20 years ago. Surely with inflation et al its more than doubled now.

I agree, Tom. I think that there's more money to be had than these guys think, though.

You're right marshall but only for the best of the best which is only a small percentage of those in the sport. The money to be made even as the very top pro in the sport of bodybuilding is pathetic when compared to mainstream sports where even a benchwarmer makes way more than any top ifbb pro. Best to have a career and bodybuild for your own personal enjoyment in 99.9 percent of all cases.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131