over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Basic Health Supplement Stack

Sigh...
I take 20,000iu of Vitamin D a day since late June when I originally went back to work. For a couple months before that(when covid was starting to get serious--so march) I was taking 50,000iu once a week just for kicks because I was going to get blood tests on it. I never did and then I changed my protocol. I heard Dr. Serrano say he takes 20,000iu daily so I implemented it. Through reasoning regarding my own prior bloodwork (which includes a baseline of 19.6, 5000iu dose =45, 10,000iu dose=64) I decided it was not dumb or dangerous and probably much to my advantage.
After 3 full months, I tested at 84.9.

I will test again before the end of the year. I am still on that dose. I did add 500mg/d Magnesium so we should see an increase in D levels I'd imagine. With this virus and the winter coming, I don't think there is anything wrong with people taking 10,000iu and many times more. I forgot what Serrano said in the video I saw, but he basically said if he came down with covid..or a family member did, he said something crazy like 350,000iu a day or week over 2 weeks and 100,000iu of vitamin A.
He has patients that take 80mg melatonin daily and 150,000iu of vitamin D.

Nothuman, you are my boy but I think you are out of line saying it's dangerous..especially in times like these. I have never heard of it causing a magnesium deficiency..only that Magnesium, Boron and Zinc can make D rise. Now should everyone take 20,000iu of vitamin D? No probably not..but a vast majority of healthy people properly applying a large dose would probably be better off these days.
5,000iu is barely anything and 8,000iu has been talked about (I believe in the US and Europe) as a possible new guideline.
People should take Vitamin K2 with it(specifically MK-7) if they do not have any clotting issues and aren't on blood thinners. Magnesium Glycinate and L-threonate would be a great sidekick and most of us know Borons role in prostate and bone health, as well as free test. Everyone should probably be on 30-60mg of a high quality zinc like picolinate as well with quercetin(EMIQ or Quercefit if possible), egcg, curcumin etc. 200mcg Selenium too. I also choose to use Vitamin A, NAC, C, Saccharomyces Boulardii religously and a couple others for health and immunity.

Too much Vitamin D isn't the problem...too little is. Be aggressive and be intelligent about it and check your levels and you should be in far better shape than adhering to some cautious dogma of only 2k or 5kiu.

Obviously, if you live below Atlanta and are out in the sun a lot..you will likely have higher levels of Vitamin D.

Good post. How much vitamin K are you running with your Vitamin D?

Good post. How much vitamin K are you running with your Vitamin D?
I am taking the Life Extension D+K & Sea Iodine..so, a fair a mount..but proportionally the same.
2100mcg(1000mcg k1, 1000mcg mk-4, 100mcg mk-7) per pill.

you really notice anything from that multi? I’ve never taken a multi and been like wow. I also can say I’ve never expected to feel different.

im going to buy Thornes Multis 2 x a day

Honestly, I have never felt anything different on vitamins or OTC supps. And I have tried about everything.
Maybe I am not just sick enough ;) This multi is the best I have come across although I do forget to take
it now and again. It is cheap insurance. And their customer service is world class. My wife turned me on to
them because she is a vegan and it is vegan, it's purpose is complete vegan supplementation, with supple-
mentation being the key word here.

Sigh...
I take 20,000iu of Vitamin D a day since late June when I originally went back to work. For a couple months before that(when covid was starting to get serious--so march) I was taking 50,000iu once a week just for kicks because I was going to get blood tests on it. I never did and then I changed my protocol. I heard Dr. Serrano say he takes 20,000iu daily so I implemented it. Through reasoning regarding my own prior bloodwork (which includes a baseline of 19.6, 5000iu dose =45, 10,000iu dose=64) I decided it was not dumb or dangerous and probably much to my advantage.
After 3 full months, I tested at 84.9.

I will test again before the end of the year. I am still on that dose. I did add 500mg/d Magnesium so we should see an increase in D levels I'd imagine. With this virus and the winter coming, I don't think there is anything wrong with people taking 10,000iu and many times more. I forgot what Serrano said in the video I saw, but he basically said if he came down with covid..or a family member did, he said something crazy like 350,000iu a day or week over 2 weeks and 100,000iu of vitamin A.
He has patients that take 80mg melatonin daily and 150,000iu of vitamin D.

Nothuman, you are my boy but I think you are out of line saying it's dangerous..especially in times like these. I have never heard of it causing a magnesium deficiency..only that Magnesium, Boron and Zinc can make D rise. Now should everyone take 20,000iu of vitamin D? No probably not..but a vast majority of healthy people properly applying a large dose would probably be better off these days.
5,000iu is barely anything and 8,000iu has been talked about (I believe in the US and Europe) as a possible new guideline.
People should take Vitamin K2 with it(specifically MK-7) if they do not have any clotting issues and aren't on blood thinners. Magnesium Glycinate and L-threonate would be a great sidekick and most of us know Borons role in prostate and bone health, as well as free test. Everyone should probably be on 30-60mg of a high quality zinc like picolinate as well with quercetin(EMIQ or Quercefit if possible), egcg, curcumin etc. 200mcg Selenium too. I also choose to use Vitamin A, NAC, C, Saccharomyces Boulardii religously and a couple others for health and immunity.

Too much Vitamin D isn't the problem...too little is. Be aggressive and be intelligent about it and check your levels and you should be in far better shape than adhering to some cautious dogma of only 2k or 5kiu.

Obviously, if you live below Atlanta and are out in the sun a lot..you will likely have higher levels of Vitamin D.

I cant remember all the aspects but i was reading awhile back that 40,000iu a day for a few months was considered a dangerous amount. Have you ever heard or read this? Hell i cant even remember right now where i got this info, i am about to head out for the beach in a few minutes, so up the levels, lol.

Honestly, I have never felt anything different on vitamins or OTC supps. And I have tried about everything.
Maybe I am not just sick enough ;) This multi is the best I have come across although I do forget to take
it now and again. It is cheap insurance. And their customer service is world class. My wife turned me on to
them because she is a vegan and it is vegan, it's purpose is complete vegan supplementation, with supple-
mentation being the key word here.

You save a lot of money that way.

2000iu vit D daily has kept me in the mid 60's for years FWIW. Also take 50mg zinc pic, 1000mg mag glic daily along with a host of other things we talk about regularly on this forum.

I am taking the Life Extension D+K & Sea Iodine..so, a fair a mount..but proportionally the same.
2100mcg(1000mcg k1, 1000mcg mk-4, 100mcg mk-7) per pill.

Knight can someone take vitamin K while taking baby aspirin ?

Knight can someone take vitamin K while taking baby aspirin ?

Yes.

People who are on anticoag meds like warfarin shouldnt be altering there consumption of VItamin k as warfarin works on vitamin K dependent cofactors 2,7,9,10 as well as C and S. ASA works on TXA2 and platelet aggregation independent of vitamin k.

Yes.

People who are on anticoag meds like warfarin shouldnt be altering there consumption of VItamin k as warfarin works on vitamin K dependent cofactors 2,7,9,10 as well as C and S. ASA works on TXA2 and platelet aggregation independent of vitamin k.

Thank you so much brother , i am asking for my uncle he is 57 yo

Much respect

Thank you so much brother , i am asking for my uncle he is 57 yo

Much respect

No problem. Some people are on warfarin for a variety of reason.. In my opinion there are better options these days but if they are welll managed then its probably best to continue.

As for aspirin. Ive spoken about this for years not just CAD but for cancer prevention etc. I take it often and will continue to. Vitamin K will NOT interfere with these benefits. Most bbers and older people should look into if taking ASA is right for them. its not good for everyone so older patients should talk to there doctors.

No problem. Some people are on warfarin for a variety of reason.. In my opinion there are better options these days but if they are welll managed then its probably best to continue.

As for aspirin. Ive spoken about this for years not just CAD but for cancer prevention etc. I take it often and will continue to. Vitamin K will NOT interfere with these benefits. Most bbers and older people should look into if taking ASA is right for them. its not good for everyone so older patients should talk to there doctors.

What would be a good dose of ASA for bodybuilders ?
80-100 mg ? Ed ? Eod ?

I am 35 now and i was thinking to start it for many reasons

What would be a good dose of ASA for bodybuilders ?
80-100 mg ? Ed ? Eod ?

I am 35 now and i was thinking to start it for many reasons

I personally take 81mg asa 3x a week minimum some weeks will be ever day.

if i were a bodybuilder on a legit higher dose cycle id be taking it everyday if i didnt have some other contraindication to do so.

ASA is not good for everyone. If you are otherwise healthy and you are taking for prevention reasons id look into the MOA and assess if its a good option for you.

I take it due to family history of CAD and for its cancer prevention. While not a huge concern my HCT does sometimes trend higher on TRT.

Interesting Vit D discussion. I have mine down like clockwork....at 1,000-2,000 iu or so I literally stay 15-30. It's crazy. I get a really nice bump with 5,000 iu and that puts me 55-65, generally. For the first time every I took 10,000 iu, 5 days a week and recently got bloods and I was at 82.

I think I'm going to stick with 5K a day and then have one or two days a week I do 10K.

For the record I get literally no sun. No skin cancer in our family but a lot of moles and plenty of irregular ones (but always been non-cancerous) so I'm like the spf 100 guy lol.

Interesting Vit D discussion. I have mine down like clockwork....at 1,000-2,000 iu or so I literally stay 15-30. It's crazy. I get a really nice bump with 5,000 iu and that puts me 55-65, generally. For the first time every I took 10,000 iu, 5 days a week and recently got bloods and I was at 82.

I think I'm going to stick with 5K a day and then have one or two days a week I do 10K.

For the record I get literally no sun. No skin cancer in our family but a lot of moles and plenty of irregular ones (but always been non-cancerous) so I'm like the spf 100 guy lol.
Some companies(perhaps life extension) used to make a 7,000iu product. Personally I would stay at 10k during the winter/flu season if I were you.

This irked me enough to create an all encompassing list that might be void of a few arguably worthy things but here it is. Remember it's not just Curcumin..or Magnesium...or Quercetin. I urge you to seek out the proper, most bio-available and applicable forms to suit your situation.
For example...for me right now it would be Magnesium Glycinate and or L-threonate...that's it. Curcumin would be Longvida, Meriva or anything showing legitimate bio-availability with new studies. Quercetin will be in the form of EMIQ or Quercefit etc..

Tier A1 non-negotiables: D+K, Ubiquinol, Omega3, Magnesium, Curcumin
Tier A2: Zinc/Copper, Astaxanthin, B-vitamins, ALA, Boron, C, Saccharomyces Boulardii, NAC, Selenium.

Optional all stars: Citrus Bergamot, Melatonin, Boswellia Serrata, UC-II collagen, Grapeseed extract, Full spectrum Vitamin E or Tocotrienols, Ashwagandha, Alpha-GPC(choline), EGCG, Quercetin, Lutein, Benfotiamine, Vit A(retinyl palmitate)
Super interesting/cutting edge/jury's out: Resveratrol, Pterostilbene, NMN, Metformin, Berberine, PQQ, Olive leaf extract, Apigenin, Niacin, DHEA, Broccomax, SAMe

Bolsterting Immune System: D+K, Zinc+Quercetin, A(retinyl), C, NAC, Curcumin, Selenium, Saccharomyces Boulardii
Blood sugar: Metformin, Berberine, Chromium, ALA, Benfotiamine
Liver: NAC, Milk Thistle, MIC.
Heart/Bp: Arjuna, Pycnogenol, Pomegranate, Garlic, D-ribose, L-carnitine.
Kidney: Astragalus, perhaps Anserine
Thyroid: A, Selenium, Iodine
Relaxation/stress: Magnesium, Phosphatidylserine, Ashwagandha, Gaba, L-theanine, 5-htp
Break glass in case of emergency toolbox: Tudca, Carditone, IP6

Sports Nutrition & health non negotiables: Creatine, Taurine, TMG, Citrulline Malate, Leucine, EAA/Whey

Foods:
Blueberries
Avocados
EVOO
Walnuts
Pistachios
Almonds
Broccoli Sprouts
Sauerkraut
Kimchi
Wild Salmon
Sardines
Pastured Eggs
Grassfed beef
Butter
Leafy greens
Matcha Tea
Macadamia Nut Oil
Bone Broth

I've been reading your post over again ever week or so. I scan over the list to reaffirm the "supplements" that I'm taking. It's helped me make sure bottles aren't left and pushed to the back of the shelf etc.

I've been reading your post over again ever week or so. I scan over the list to reaffirm the "supplements" that I'm taking. It's helped me make sure bottles aren't left and pushed to the back of the shelf etc.

Yes knight is HUGE help on supps !

I made my stack from his posts and im super happy !

I feel fucking great !

Thank you knight my brother ,much respect to you sir

This irked me enough to create an all encompassing list that might be void of a few arguably worthy things but here it is. Remember it's not just Curcumin..or Magnesium...or Quercetin. I urge you to seek out the proper, most bio-available and applicable forms to suit your situation.
For example...for me right now it would be Magnesium Glycinate and or L-threonate...that's it. Curcumin would be Longvida, Meriva or anything showing legitimate bio-availability with new studies. Quercetin will be in the form of EMIQ or Quercefit etc..

Tier A1 non-negotiables: D+K, Ubiquinol, Omega3, Magnesium, Curcumin

What sort of dosages on these?

What sort of dosages on these?
D and K 5-10,000iu (It takes me more to get my levels to 70-80 which is what I aim for) Vitamin K is part of the supplement I take..but if taking sepearate, I believe you should be aiming for atleast 100mcg MK-7 daily. Make sure you or anyone you recommend it to is not already on blood thinning meds like coumadin/warafin.
Ubiquinol 100-300mg (I like 200mg and have heard of 400-600mg for people that have heart issues)
Omega3 3-4 grams combined EPA and DHA. Carlsons Liquid Fish oil 1tbsp handles this easily.
Magnesium L-Threonate 144mg(1 serving of 3 caps), Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mg
Curcumin - I like to use recommended doses but sometimes I double up especially if I have something like Longvida in the mix. Currently taking a full dose of Meriva daily (400mg in Nordic Omega Curcumin) + half to full serving of Meriva in JFlex 250-500.

Astaxanthin is pretty much in this category too and I take 12mg Bioastin daily.
Saccharomyces Boulardii too..(Jarrow)

Until this virus is eradicated, Zinc 30-50mg, Quercetin(I use Quercefit in Abolic 6-8 pills daily), C(2-3g orally), Selenium(200mcg), and NAC(1200-1800mg) are pretty much staples too.

Goodness...above should indicate I suggest taking both forms of magnesium and timing them for cognition for the day and relaxation at night. I like Magmind by Jarrow and Doctor's Best just made their glycinate into capsules finally. It is pretty much the best product on the market according to reports.

Curcumin was supposed to read Longvida in the Nordic Omega Cucumin..(not meriva). Meriva is in the Jflex as stated.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear