over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA Substitution

method2madness

Registered
I started using NutraBio Intra Blast BCAA's middle of last week for post training recovery. I'm liking the immediate noticeable difference being no bloating that I always got from even the highest quality whey and egg protien shakes. I also like it because it is super easy to toss a scoop in a 12 oz. water bottle and drink whenever. I'm going to go with this and see where it takes me in the next month, but already my digestion is less stressed and I'm carrying much less water. Thumbs up

musclemoose

Banned
I started using NutraBio Intra Blast BCAA's middle of last week for post training recovery. I'm liking the immediate noticeable difference being no bloating that I always got from even the highest quality whey and egg protien shakes. I also like it because it is super easy to toss a scoop in a 12 oz. water bottle and drink whenever. I'm going to go with this and see where it takes me in the next month, but already my digestion is less stressed and I'm carrying much less water. Thumbs up
Thats unfortunate you dont digest protein shakes well. Ive never had an issue and always prefer to use whey pre and post workout rather than just bcaa's alone. Id recommend adding 3-6g of l-citrulline to your bcaa's. Solid study(s) out there that l-citrulline helps with uptake of bcaa's. But the bcaa/citrulline stack should be taken both pre and post workout to get full benefits. Also i dont think you need the malate version like the study talks about. L-citrulline is 99% absorbed and the malate really isnt necessary in my opinion. Malate is usually added to increase absorption (like with magnesium). L-citrulline doesnt have absorption issues like magnesium does.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20499249

L-citrulline-malate supplementation can enhance the use of amino acids, especially the branched chain amino acids during exercise and also enhance the production of arginine-derived metabolites such as nitrite, creatinine, ornithine and urea.

Last edited:

OutToLunch

Kilo Klub Member
Perhaps splitting hairs but wouldn't it be optimal to go with eaa instead?

macedog24

Registered
I like a combo of both . bcaa/eaa.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

method2madness

Registered
My mistake, the product I'm using has 10 grams EAA and 7 grams BCAA. NutraBio Intra Blast. I'm going to give it a while. Having just been through brain surgery for my epilepsy I won't be able to train the way I like for a good 3-4 more months and that is when I'll truly see if it truly is beneficial and advantageous for recovery and growth. Until then I use it post training(workouts that consist mainly of moderate weight circuit training), basically maintenance it's the only thing keeping me sane :) :banghead:

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jetsmets1