over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Birth control situation, HELP!

EL DIABLO

Registered
This is a tough situation. Ok, My fiance wants a baby...its no secret. I literally watch her take her birth control pill (ortho tri-cyclen) every night before bed...so I know that its being taken, and properly. I was never as concerned in years past as much due to my previous "hormonal replacement", but I have been off for quite some time (those that know me from the old days know I was in a serious accident). I assumed with the effectiveness of the pill no other measure was needed...well, she'a pregnant. She takes no other medication, and what little bit I've been able to research in a short time gives me no answers as to why. This brings me to the tough situation and question...I have this gut feeling (and I have a good track record with my gut feelings) that she has done or taken SOMETHING to decrease the effectiveness or counteract the pill. My question is...does anyone have insight on what it could be? We have an overall good relationship but there has been trust issues and somewhat related things in the past...so I'm not swining at the fences on this one, its definately a legitimate thought and concern. She knows I want a child...just our agreement of WHEN didn't jive. If there's some way of making it happen while still making sure I see her take her pill every night she will. Any insight or knowledge of this? Any secrets or tricks that are used I don't know about? Or are we just the 0.01% that it didn't work for LOL! Thanks all for any help.

Lots of things can lower the effectiveness of birth control. If I remember correctly some antibiotics can lower the effectiveness. Then there is always the case of "shit happens".

Just go to the website for the birth control she takes and look at the patient info and prescribing info and I am sure you can find out more.

If it just comes down to the fact you don't entirely trust her then nothing anyone says here is going to change that.

I know of two couples who have gotten pregnant when utilizing birth control measures. One couple were using condoms and the other the pill. Both women in both cases feel they were in the 0.01%. It CAN happen.

This is a tough situation. Ok, My fiance wants a baby...its no secret. I literally watch her take her birth control pill (ortho tri-cyclen) every night before bed...so I know that its being taken, and properly. I was never as concerned in years past as much due to my previous "hormonal replacement", but I have been off for quite some time (those that know me from the old days know I was in a serious accident). I assumed with the effectiveness of the pill no other measure was needed...well, she'a pregnant. She takes no other medication, and what little bit I've been able to research in a short time gives me no answers as to why. This brings me to the tough situation and question...I have this gut feeling (and I have a good track record with my gut feelings) that she has done or taken SOMETHING to decrease the effectiveness or counteract the pill. My question is...does anyone have insight on what it could be? We have an overall good relationship but there has been trust issues and somewhat related things in the past...so I'm not swining at the fences on this one, its definately a legitimate thought and concern. She knows I want a child...just our agreement of WHEN didn't jive. If there's some way of making it happen while still making sure I see her take her pill every night she will. Any insight or knowledge of this? Any secrets or tricks that are used I don't know about? Or are we just the 0.01% that it didn't work for LOL! Thanks all for any help.
I have one child that is a "pill" baby and my friend back in school knocked up his GF while on the pill so it could just be dumb luck. I was so pissed I had DNA test done on them but they are all mine sometimes it just happens hence the 99.7 percent effective or what ever the percentage is.

my ex got pregnant on the pill. she was taking antibiotics at the time which we were told can counteract the effectiveness of the pill.

My sister became pregnant with my niece while she was on birth control.

So it's very possible you situation is just one of those times....

DLStryker

I have a friend whos mother was on the pill (she already had 7 kids and was 43 years old, did NOT want any more) and low and behold she got pregnant. She just told her daughter "let this prove to you that it is not 100%" There really is only 1 way to garuntee you don't get pregnant and its not a popular idea. :rolleyes:

I have one child that is a "pill" baby and my friend back in school knocked up his GF while on the pill so it could just be dumb luck. I was so pissed I had DNA test done on them but they are all mine sometimes it just happens hence the 99.7 percent effective or what ever the percentage is.

Okay, first of all Im sorry for busting your balls, but you said SHE is on the pill and got pregnant, yet you got a DNA test to prove its yours? Ugh, I missed the logic there.

I could see it if you were the one with the preventative device, like a condom or something...but youre blowing live rounds in her and youre wondering if its yours?

lol. Im still scratching my head on this. Sorry.

Okay, first of all Im sorry for busting your balls, but you said SHE is on the pill and got pregnant, yet you got a DNA test to prove its yours? Ugh, I missed the logic there.

I could see it if you were the one with the preventative device, like a condom or something...but youre blowing live rounds in her and youre wondering if its yours?

lol. Im still scratching my head on this. Sorry.

Well if you want the dirty details no I didn't use a condom as being with her for several years and multiple blood tests we were both disease free.
So being as she was on said pill and disease free yes I went at it bareback as that was the point of us switching from condoms to the pill.
after a year or more had past she magically was impregnated with no changes in routine..
personally in that situation any man that doesn't get a blood test is out of his mind!
Sorry not I am not being financially responsible for some other babies daddy's child.

I also have a child post vasectomy with the same woman my soon to be wife I suppose you feel I should have been wearing a condom and she should have been on the pill after that as well?
Find it hard to believe you are so surprised by a couple using only the pill as a solo mean of protection?

I have 4 children 3 from my current lady and one from a prior relationship and all of my kids have had DNA test's

Last edited:
what pill is she on? there are many things that can make them less effective.

having a past of "trust issues"... i would start asking some questions. if there is nothing to hide, she should have no problem with answering some serious questions. do not ignore that gut feeling...

Well if you want the dirty details no I didn't use a condom as being with her for several years and multiple blood tests we were both disease free.
So being as she was on said pill and disease free yes I went at it bareback as that was the point of us switching from condoms to the pill.
after a year or more had past she magically was impregnated with no changes in routine..
personally in that situation any man that doesn't get a blood test is out of his mind!
Sorry not I am not being financially responsible for some other babies daddy's child.

I also have a child post vasectomy with the same woman my soon to be wife I suppose you feel I should have been wearing a condom and she should have been on the pill after that as well?
Find it hard to believe you are so surprised by a couple using only the pill as a solo mean of protection?

I have 4 children 3 from my current lady and one from a prior relationship and all of my kids have had DNA test's

Thats what Im confused about. You are putting sperm into her. Yet, you get a DNA test to see if her baby is yours too when she turns up pregnant.

Now, if you were the one with the protection then I could understand you wanting the DNA test.

Nevermind. lol. Congrats on your kids and soon to be wife!

Last edited:
Thats what Im confused about. You are putting sperm into her. Yet, you get a DNA test to see if her baby is yours too when she turns up pregnant.

Now, if you were the one with the protection then I could understand you wanting the DNA test.

Nevermind. lol. Congrats on your kids and soon to be wife!

its like the lotto you never know!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity