over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood is thickening/how do I correct

DLStryker

Registered
My endocrinologist says my blood is “thickening” and she is considering reducing my TRT dosage. I’m on 200mg/week right now. I have a successful professional career….. so I only do the legal route these days. Anyway, how can I circumvent this issue? What exactly is she referring to? Does this mean an over abundance of red blood cells in a specific quantity? I know some doctors recommend an aspirin a day to reduce the chance of a stroke. From my understanding, this “thins” out the blood. Is this thinning related to the thickening my endo is talking about? If so, would a couple of weeks on an aspirin a day be enough to thin out the blood that has thickened (and thickened by only using 200mg/week of cyp)?

Thanks
Stryker

My endocrinologist says my blood is “thickening” and she is considering reducing my TRT dosage. I’m on 200mg/week right now. I have a successful professional career….. so I only do the legal route these days. Anyway, how can I circumvent this issue? What exactly is she referring to? Does this mean an over abundance of red blood cells in a specific quantity? I know some doctors recommend an aspirin a day to reduce the chance of a stroke. From my understanding, this “thins” out the blood. Is this thinning related to the thickening my endo is talking about? If so, would a couple of weeks on an aspirin a day be enough to thin out the blood that has thickened (and thickened by only using 200mg/week of cyp)?

Thanks
Stryker
Donate blood! regularly. You can take an aspirin each day but only low dose. it is hard on the gut.

Thanks
Stryker

Ask you MD to test you for factor 5 blood disorder, than I will tell you who to contact for help. If you don`t have the F5 than is very eazy to kip your blood thin.

The increased RBC is a common side of TRT. With the overly increased RBC comes the increased risk of blood clots. Not good… as that can cause stroke, heart attack, etc. Thicker blood makes your heart continuously work harder and increases your blood pressure. If your overly high RBC count is from your TRT, donating blood on a regular basis as OldFella said will do the trick to remedy the situation. The aspirin will not lower your RBCs, but only counteracts the platelets ability to clump together and form a clot. I believe fish oil also helps in that area. I would still donate to get the count down into the normal range, especially if you like that TRT dosage.

Last edited:
Ask you MD to test you for factor 5 blood disorder, than I will tell you who to contact for help. If you don`t have the F5 than is very eazy to kip your blood thin.

My blood only started thickening since I have been on TRT for the last year. So I assume I do not have the factor 5 blood disorder. How do I keep my blood thin assuming I don't have this disorder?

Thanks for you help.
Stryker

How do I keep my blood thin assuming I don't have this disorder?

Thanks for you help.
Stryker

Donate whole blood regularly as allowed or better yet, donate double red cells. They take twice the amount of red cells but no plasma. This will lower your RBC (or thin your blood) into the accepted range.

I have to agree with the donating blood suggestion, not only is it a great way to thin the blood it also helps save lives. It is also usually screened for various diseases and illnesses etc. so it's also a free way of getting regular health checks.

Where do you guys all go to donate. Is it just as easy as calling your local Red Cross to set this up?

I use the Red Cross. They are happy to take walk-in's or you can set up an appointment. You will need to answer a questionnaire, they take your temp, and your blood count then you are set.

My blood only started thickening since I have been on TRT for the last year. So I assume I do not have the factor 5 blood disorder. How do I keep my blood thin assuming I don't have this disorder?

Thanks for you help.
Stryker

This program was working for me: 300mg Nattokinase per day, 81mg Aspirin(enteric coted), EPE-DHA 10g per day, 3-4 table spoon Aplecider vineger, 4000mg C Vitamin , 400 mg Humanofort per day 1 1/2 galon water per day.

I use the Red Cross. They are happy to take walk-in's or you can set up an appointment. You will need to answer a questionnaire, they take your temp, and your blood count then you are set.

If your RBC count is high do they deny you????

Where do you guys all go to donate. Is it just as easy as calling your local Red Cross to set this up?

Only thing you have to watch out for is if your hematocrit is too high. If your rbcs are too high they wont take your blood without doctors consent. Since your doc knows, Im sure he/she would approve of it. They can even do therapuetic blood draws at a medical facility to get it down by docs prescription. Once you get it down then its a matter of going about once per month or so to keep it down. Blood banks make you wait longer than one month though, so then thats a problem too. I want to say the highest hematocrit they take at blood banks without docs consent is 56.

i didnt think you could donate if you have ever taken HGH
As far as I know, this only applies to pituitary-derived HGH which lead to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease but all HGH since 1985 is produced synthetically. I researched this a while back because I was curious why the form asked that specific question myself.

I have heard that tomato products can thin the blood too, is this true?

i didnt think you could donate if you have ever taken HGH

they dont want your blood also if you have ever used anabolic steriods, unprescribed. thats a question they have on thier form.

This is probably a dumb question but is donating plasma equivalent to donating blood? The reason why I'm asking is b/c it makes sense to donate and get paid. If not I'll try to find a blood bank to just donate blood.

This is probably a dumb question but is donating plasma equivalent to donating blood? The reason why I'm asking is b/c it makes sense to donate and get paid. If not I'll try to find a blood bank to just donate blood.
Sorry man. Not the same at all. When you donate plasma the blood goes into a machine which separates the plasma from the other components which then go back to you.

Donating plasma would do nothing to lower hematorcrit. If anything, it might raise it for a few days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear