over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body Building and Height

How tall are you

• Total voters
I'm 5'10".

I suppose it's not a bad height for bodybuilding when you consider how many IFBB Pro's are over 6ft... not very many!

I'm 6'3" with long arms and legs. No matter what I do, their appearance visually lags behind my torso...

6'1

Ive got big legs for a tall guy, a very long mid section. Broad shoulders but really thick joints and naturally thin arms with no thickness to them! so all in all, shit genetics for competitive bodybuilding!

It's kind if unfortunate (in my opinion) if you're super serious about bbing and over 6'2 or under 5'7. It's just too difficult to look thick especially when you cut down at 6'2+. I've seen some pros that are 5'7-5'8, but in reality they look super stubby and more like 5'5, due to the illusion of appearing even shorter than they really are via super wide lats and delts.

6'4 275....sux. I have tall guy calves. 30 inch quads and 17 inch calves....FML

6'3
You smaller guys have powerlifting advantage over us. Also proportionally you look thicker. Face it, you can't turn a long biceps into a short one. The shorter will always have more circumference. At least at first.

Not many pro bb champs above 6ft, my 5ft8 friend whos 4-5stone lighter than me has better arms than me.

Short limbs make bb/powerlifting champs. Smaller levers+more compact muscle per inch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

6'2 @ 270...when I finished growing at 16, I was a thick 152lbs.

I would assume most bodybuilders are under 5'10 or 5'8. They probably got the bug when they started lifting and saw very quick results with their small muscle bellies, kept them interested in the sport at a young age. Us taller guys had to stick with it for years just to start seeing any good results.

Last edited:
5'11.5"

17 inch calves is respectable

Yeah, but at 6' 4" its not real big. For a short guy that would look huge. Im only 6 foot and I used to have calves that were about 19 inches and they still didn't look big. Being tall sucks for bodybuilding IMO. I would have much rather been no more than 5' 10".

Yeah, but at 6' 4" its not real big. For a short guy that would look huge. Im only 6 foot and I used to have calves that were about 19 inches and they still didn't look big. Being tall sucks for bodybuilding IMO. I would have much rather been no more than 5' 10".

You wish you were shorter? I am 6'3 and would like to be taller.

Oh, and another thing. Being tall sux for bb in the short term, but if you are willing to stick with it and fill out your frame, the taller guys do well.

5 ft 8in tall around 240-242 off season,i am happy with that.
Feb competed 197 i know losing 40 lbs might be a little much to lose but my off season diet is pretty much protein shakes and what ever i want.
I do diet 16 weeks strict.:cool:

Oh, and another thing. Being tall sux for bb in the short term, but if you are willing to stick with it and fill out your frame, the taller guys do well.

Well, all the Mr. Olympias or recent years have been under 6 foot tall. I stood next to Jay and he was about 3 inches or more shorter than me and I had an inch or two on Ronnie Coleman. I thought Ronnie was supposed to be 6 foot or more, so I was surprised when I saw I was taller. From what I see all the most successful pro bodybuilders are under 6 foot tall. Arnold was supposed to be 6 foot 2" or something but I saw him and he looked to be 6 foot at most, but hes older now so he probably has shrunk!

5'-5" to 5'-10 in my opinion is the best height for bodybuilding. Most if not all of the great bodybuilders are around this height.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackrabbit
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws