over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheap protein powders

goonstopher

Registered
anyone ever use cheap protein powders in a bind? I just picked up 2 pounds by Body Fortress for just under $12 and wonder if it can even be legit. Funny thing is it actually tastes pretty decent.

I use a lot of Trueprotein stuff, but I also have a bunch of 6 pound bags of Sportpharma Whey that I got from Costco for $25 each. Tastes good and works fine for me.

Costcos

I use a lot of Trueprotein stuff, but I also have a bunch of 6 pound bags of Sportpharma Whey that I got from Costco for $25 each. Tastes good and works fine for me.

my costcos stopped saling the Sportspharma brand. I thought it was a good product for the price.

They carry EAS now and I hate it. Lesser quality and it tastes horrible

Body fortress taste damn good I can't lie. I just worry about it meeting label claims. I am zero/low carbing so it might not be a good idea but for right now I am sure I wont die.

my costcos stopped saling the Sportspharma brand. I thought it was a good product for the price.

They carry EAS now and I hate it. Lesser quality and it tastes horrible

My Costco made the switch to EAS too - I bought all the Sporthpharma they had once I realized they were switching. I have about 6 bags under my kitchen table, lol.

Body fortress taste damn good I can't lie. I just worry about it meeting label claims. I am zero/low carbing so it might not be a good idea but for right now I am sure I wont die.

I would be cautious with that, I think a lot of those cheapy powders that taste great probably have sugar or something in there not listed on the label to make it taste so good.
Just my opinion, though.

Maybe it tasted much better cause I used more oil in my shake... dammit I need something but I have a feeling you are right and being on low/zero carbs I should not take the chance...

i get mine from wellements.com, get 12 lbs for 60 bucks

You get what you pay for.
Keep in mind that a lot of these cheap brands retail for less than it would cost to manufacture if they indeed met label claims.

Dammit! haha looks like I shouldnt even use it which SUCKS cause every dollar counts right now but I am very very scared of it having sugar or carbs.

Dammit! haha looks like I shouldnt even use it which SUCKS cause every dollar counts right now but I am very very scared of it having sugar or carbs.

When it comes to food (supps are food) you get what you pay for. What would you eat - chicken breast or 'i can't beleive it's not chicken' which costs 10% of the breast price?

My personal preference is True Protein, but if you are in a bind go with Optimum Nutrition.

Last edited:
Reality is that if I'd be spending money on protein powders, I'd only get SynthePURE or TrueProtein. Otherwise, I'd rather not spend the money on any other brand. Just buy some eggs.

Reality is that if I'd be spending money on protein powders, I'd only get SynthePURE or TrueProtein. Otherwise, I'd rather not spend the money on any other brand. Just buy some eggs.

ahh the voice of reason, thank you. I agree with you eggs are way better then some shit whey concentrate.

EXPENSIVE!

This sport/lifestyle is not cheap!! You have to find ways to cut corners in other areas of your life to afford the quality supps. Unfortunately the majority of us are not earning 6 figure incomes. Sometimes I think it might be worth it to work a couple days a month part time just to cover supps!

Hey guys,
I use to work in a warehouse when I was a kid that filled orders for many of the different supplement companies. I was amazed to find out that used the same base protein powders with the only differences being sweetener and flavor. Its not always true that paying means you get better quality. Some times paying more means that you are paying for their pretty labeling and advertising. That being said I would support the board sponsors. They have an outstanding reputation of quality and great prices.

When it comes to food (supps are food) you get what you pay for. What would you eat - chicken breast or 'i can't beleive it's not chicken' which costs 10% of the breast price?

Haha i can be a stuborn prick but thats just funny Big A - Well put

anyone ever use cheap protein powders in a bind? I just picked up 2 pounds by Body Fortress for just under $12 and wonder if it can even be legit. Funny thing is it actually tastes pretty decent.

I tried that same brand before and ggot some nasty gas and bloat. I think the container i had was a whey blend. I only use WHEY ISOLATE now. Much easier to digest and no stomach probs.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws