over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest lagging body part

JoeGraft

Registered
Guys-Gals
how do you suggest I address the issue of a lagging body part?
My chest is the smallest of the muscle groups and I am not sure if training it twice as often as the others will work or if there are other theories out there.

what's your current chest routine?

what's your current chest routine?

Varies, keep journal, last night
bpress 4 sets
incline dumbell press 4 sets
pec dec 4 sets
12 sets total

start with the following:
-choose exercises that are appropriate for YOUR skeletal structure
-choose exercises that allow you to use heaviest weight in safest manner and range of motion
-train intensely but briefly
-accept the fact that not all of us have great chests or legs or arms etc... our bone structure largely determines what the shape and size of our muscles are so do your best, maybe you are a leg freak or delt freak. so focus on the good and accept the bad parts of your physique.
-JS

(ah man, just saw your workout. that is almost opposite of my advice lol. you should try what i suggested. it worked for me when i gave up workouts that looked like the one you posted above.)

Last edited:
start with the following:
-choose exercises that are appropriate for YOUR skeletal structure
-choose exercises that allow you to use heaviest weight in safest manner and range of motion
-train intensely but briefly
-accept the fact that not all of us have great chests or legs or arms etc... our bone structure largely determines what the shape and size of our muscles are so do your best, maybe you are a leg freak or delt freak. so focus on the good and accept the bad parts of your physique.
-JS

(ah man, just saw your workout. that is almost opposite of my advice lol. you should try what i suggested. it worked for me when i gave up workouts that looked like the one you posted above.)

Mr Smiles
You appear to be well versed in training
can you suggest a workout for my chest?
thank you in advance
Joey graft

i can tell you what NOT to do lol

Mr Smiles
You appear to be well versed in training
can you suggest a workout for my chest?
thank you in advance
Joey graft

is that bench press you did barbell or dumbell? why did you choose bench press?
why did you pic incline presses?
i think the peck deck is the main flaw, that and doing too many sets IMO.
inclines are the next flaw in my opinion both are flawed choices cuz of the following:
those exercise put your chest in its weakest postion. the peck deck or any kind of flye motion puts the chest in its weakest position and is essentially subpar. the chest muscles do only one thing really: pull the upper arm towards the center of the body. ANY chest move involves this plane of motion so why choose exercise that you don't allow you to use as much weight as possible thus stimulating most muscle fibers in the targeted msucle? two GREAT exercises for chest that allow you to push the MOST weight are DIPS and DECLINE presses. they are also very safe for the shoulder joint (inclines are usually not and dont isolate chest well at all)
however, everyones skeleton is different so proceed with knowing that.

STOP lifting weights. START moving your skeleton thru space using gravity and added gravity (weights) as the resistence. this is bodybuilding NOT powerlifting. how you lift and exercises you choose will help you isolate the targeted muscle producing size and seperation IMO.
-JS

inclines are the next flaw in my opinion both are flawed choices cuz of the following:
those exercise put your chest in its weakest postion. the peck deck or any kind of flye motion puts the chest in its weakest position and is essentially subpar. the chest muscles do only one thing really: pull the upper arm towards the center of the body. ANY chest move involves this plane of motion so why choose exercise that you don't allow you to use as much weight as possible thus stimulating most muscle fibers in the targeted msucle? two GREAT exercises for chest that allow you to push the MOST weight are DIPS and DECLINE presses. they are also very safe for the shoulder joint (inclines are usually not and dont isolate chest well at all)

STOP lifting weights. START moving your skeleton thru space using gravity and added gravity (weights) as the resistence. this is bodybuilding NOT powerlifting. how you lift and exercises you choose will help you isolate the targeted muscle producing size and seperation IMO.
-JS

X2....biggest progressive gains with those 2 exercises and very few worksets.

-JS

Thanks will add dips and decline presses to my list of exercises
and despite my JD I have no idea what you are referring to when you reference moving my body through space.... LOL:st:r-wars

Thanks will add dips and decline presses to my list of exercises
and despite my JD I have no idea what you are referring to when you reference moving my body through space.... LOL:st:r-wars

you should not have to have a "list" of exercises for chest. only a couple will do the job and do it well. i only use two.
and again, quit thinking of lifting weights. there is soooo much more to it than up and down. THINK about your skeleton and how to make it move to target the muscle with constant tension.
do it right and you should be moving some pretty good weight for your size in the decline and dip. good luck bro -JS

oh and what is "JD"? i missed something maybe?
and i am still curious why you chose bench press and etc. why did you choose those exercises? picked them at random? or...?

Last edited:
you should not have to have a "list" of exercises for chest. only a couple will do the job and do it well. i only use two.
and again, quit thinking of lifting weights. there is soooo much more to it than up and down. THINK about your skeleton and how to make it move to target the muscle with constant tension.
do it right and you should be moving some pretty good weight for your size in the decline and dip. good luck bro -JS

oh and what is "JD"? i missed something maybe?
and i am still curious why you chose bench press and etc. why did you choose those exercises? picked them at random? or...?

JD Juris Doctor
I chose bench press and incline presses and pec dec because they are listed as acceptable chest exercises in most of the weight training literature i have read.
Smiles, query: next chest workout I should do what? 4 sets dips, 4 sets decline presses and what else?

personally

JD Juris Doctor
I chose bench press and incline presses and pec dec because they are listed as acceptable chest exercises in most of the weight training literature i have read.
Smiles, query: next chest workout I should do what? 4 sets dips, 4 sets decline presses and what else?

i like to do 2 sets decline presses and 1 set dips. thats it. phil hernon philosophy. less is more if intense enough. -JS

whats funny about that?
i get the feeling your a "read it in a book so it must be true" kinda guy. prolly little experience in the actual gym? "LOL"
i bet what would be funny is you standing next to me. now that would be "LOL" i bet.
sorry but i feel you're being dissrespectful. you came here asking for help. what is so funny?
-JS

Last edited:
JoeGraft has more volume in his workout and Johnny Smiles has more muscles.

whats funny about that?
i get the feeling your a "read it in a book so it must be true" kinda guy. prolly little experience in the actual gym? "LOL"
i bet what would be funny is you standing next to me. now that would be "LOL" i bet.
sorry but i feel you're being dissrespectful. you came here asking for help. what is so funny?
-JS

I think he thinks your be funny because of the amount of volume you suggested for Chest excercises.....I think

Chip

whats funny about that?
-JS

Wow bro, cool your heels! geez :eek:
it appeared that you recommending a two exercise workout consisting of a total of 3 sets was a joke, if that was not the case then i apologize.
maybe you should sit back and think before you respond.
Attack!!! LOL
i meant no disrespect seriously

i like to do 2 sets decline presses and 1 set dips. thats it. phil hernon philosophy. less is more if intense enough. -JS

That would be a great amount of volume... if you were training chest 2-3 times a week. If your only training it once a week... I would recommend more sets than this to even a beginner that's just getting into working out! 3 sets total per week? I mean... Seriously?

Wow bro, cool your heels! geez :eek:
it appeared that you recommending a two exercise workout consisting of a total of 3 sets was a joke, if that was not the case then i apologize.
maybe you should sit back and think before you respond.
Attack!!! LOL
i meant no disrespect seriously

You think he does verry little for chest with 3 sets, you'd hate to see that i only do 1 work set.

That would be a great amount of volume... if you were training chest 2-3 times a week. If your only training it once a week... I would recommend more sets than this to even a beginner that's just getting into working out! 3 sets total per week? I mean... Seriously?

i NEVER said per week. where did you see that? i do a 3 day split right now. 3 on 1 off.
i didn't see where he stated his split either.
-JS

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner