over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest lagging body part

You wanna talk to everyone like they are jackasses huh? Well smart-ass, he asked if he should train his chest TWICE as often.. which means to say he's training it ONCE a week and is asking if he should increase to TWICE a week! Thats pretty damn obvious. And YOU never said how many times per week to do your little 3 set routine either, did you?!? He was probaly thinking you ment to do it ONCE a week, which is how often MOST people work their chest... !
I myself am a large and often lean Bodybuilder and have trained with world class PL's and BB's. Never in my life have I EVER been told or seen anyone worth a shit, to do just 3 sets for any bodypart per week! Ever. Period...

And BTW: I don't get a FUCK how large or lean you think you are bub, you have NO right to come on any board talking down to EVERYONE like they are just some nobodys and you are God. FUCK THAT. I'd LOVE to see some joker like you talk that shit to me in person! Someone don't like your answer you give them?? Fine! MOVE ON DUDE! All our "blood pressure" is UP and we're all TENSE from certain things! But you need to show some respect. Talking like you do people sometimes, makes you look like a huge asshole.

I don't know who JS is or anything about him. But from this thread.. he makes himself look like a huge asshole. I'm really sick and tired of these "big guys" that have "been around" thinking they are GOD and everyone else is SHIT! Phil pulls this crap ALL THE TIME. I have massive respect for him and other pro's... but not when they act like that!!! I consider myself a vet and would NEVER shit on any newbie like that, even if he disagrees with an answer I gave him! Oh boo hoo hoo!! SUCK IT UP! I don't walk around like Billy Bad Ass and treat everyone below me like shit!
It's like going to meet Chuck Liddell for and autograph and he treats you like shit and tells you that your a moron! Right then and there I'd have zero respect for him! Ya know?

Respect.

You have to remember that your reference to Ronnie, Branch, Lavrone, etc.....Is a bad comparrison. They are the elite of the elite in the genetics category. They could do 3 sets of 25 push ups and still have a chest like a chevy air bag.

Also thanks to JS for the decline/dips tips......2months ago. My chest has never been fuller!!!!!!!!!

I agree certainly genetics matter.. and then I read JS signature and if he's the biggest, leanest guy on this site.. well then his genetics must be pretty damn great as well... see my point? ;)

Who cares what chest exercise anybody does. What you need to find out is which exercise hits/stimulates your chest the best. For me, it is dips without question. I mean, when I do a flat bench, then go do dips, it is absolutely clear which one hits my chest harder. So I think a few of you people are complicating this when it's actually very simple.

Its only advise, if you choose not to take it then that sucks for you. Studys show that decline works 93 percent of your chest, flat press is 86 I am pretty sure? Decline wasn't on there but it is a good chest work out.

INCLINE wasnt on there! ;)

correct fellas

correct.
the previous 4 posters "get it"
you have to choose exercises that work for YOUR skeleton.
which was my original advice and it got laughed at. and the chaos insued.
good posts in spite of.
looks like my advice was spot on....
-JS

Last edited:
here, Better way to say things... There is only so many chest exercises... You're doing 3 of them already, yet you are not building a chest? either you are you are not pushing enough, bouncing like a bad man, or you just suck when it comes to genitics.

Why not try something new... Do declines. I put a 25lb plate under a flat bench and it works for me... I always wondered if I should put more under me...

**keys**
Don't aim for a rep number... Keep pushing yourself to rep the weigh out... If you are about to fail... try to push a good 1 or 2 out before you drop the weights but try not to drop them on your face :D

Then decrease by 10% and rep it out then do it again. I bet you will feel worked, and if you do not.... well work harder next time and go the extra mile to get that last rep in; work to failure not mental failure.

One of the biggest mistakes I made (and I've made many) when starting was getting on BBing forums and taking random advice... I benched with "bodybuilding" form.. elbows flared out, wide grip, bench just below neck line.. KILLED my shoulders, strength stopped increasing.. and chest seriously lagged. When I switched to correct form... chest grew, shoulder pain gone, and strength increases steadily.. maybe its just your form :)

correct.
the previous 4 posters "get it"
you have to choose exercises that work for YOUR skeleton.
which was my original advice and it got laughed at. and the chaos insued.
good posts in spite of.
looks like my advice was spot on....
-JS

I didn't laugh. I thought it was good advice from the get-go. Working in a way not conducive to your own genetics and skeletal structure is just plain dumb. Take DL's for example. If your short and your line of pull is straight, it might be a good Leg workout; if you're tall like me with a different line of pull, it's a much bigger ht to the back.. It's all relative.

Good advice on your part.

I no loger do flat BB. I dont suggest it at all, even for clients.

Flat DB is the only flat DD/BD exercise, the rest are inclince/decline.

Incorperate drop sets, rest pause, negatives and static holds. But with perfect form. 2-3 seconds eccentric, powerful concentric.

Take the muscle to failure (6-8reps) then rest pause till you get 12-15. Wait 10 seconds and have someone help you with negatives until that fails completely. Wait 10 seconds and hold the weight around 4-5 inches from the completed ROM for as long as possible. You'll grow.

I didn't laugh. I thought it was good advice from the get-go. Working in a way not conducive to your own genetics and skeletal structure is just plain dumb. Take DL's for example. If your short and your line of pull is straight, it might be a good Leg workout; if you're tall like me with a different line of pull, it's a much bigger ht to the back.. It's all relative.

Good advice on your part.

You have it mixed up.

It took me a long time to get my chest to develop but it is finally coming around. Give it time and hard work!

JS - just a couple questions. And before I say more.. I only ask b/c I'm curious and not meaning any disrespect...

1. Did decline/dips (abreviated as D/D from here out) build your chest.. or did you start them after you chest was already large? Did 3 sets build your chest.. or is working now after your chest was already large?

2. If D/D is so great.. why then do all (ok most, not all maybe) of the large chested BBers do flat and incline bench.. I remember Levrone, Ronnie, Jay, Branch, Kai... all doing heavy pyramiding on flat and incline bench.. don't remember seeing any of them doing dips and declines... surely the biggest bber's in the world wouldn't skip something so great..?

I've done dips on "arm" day for tri's.. as heavy as possible.. and i dont remember it ever feeling like i had a good chest workout.

I do certainly agree with this part 100% though..

good question bro. and i see your line of thinking. i wouldnt pick an exercise just cuz its what other people do. like previously mentioned many of those guys you mentioned are part of the genetic elite. they could do just about anything and grow. my chest was actually one of my weaker parts until i incorparated declines and dips. that is why i believe in them so much. i have pretty freaky delts and to be honest i don't even have to train them so it might not be wise to do what i do for delts even if you saw me in a magazine or on youtube like the pros you mentioned. but my chest was lagging now it is not so i would give those 2 exercises a shot if you have trouble with chest.

it comes down to YOUR skeleton tho. and in general most skeletons are similar. i can't use a barbell. it puts my arms in a plane of motion that hurts with heavy weight. so i find it unsafe and uncomfortable. plus, things like incline presses (when tested with EKG or whatever the thing is called lol) proved that chest is not stimulated as much as declines. the study was in flex magazine a month ago or something...

Phil hernon is a prime example of dips and declines gone wild lol. the dude was/is thick as a brick and he trains this way. whats good for the goose...

oh and my chest was ok then started doing dips an ddeclines exclusiely and it grew MUCH better. and dips can be used as a tricep exercise or a chest exercise depending on position. takes time to get dips perfect. declines are kind of a no brainer tho. i love em. i only use dumbells.

-JS

Last edited:
WOW I created quite the $hit storm here onthis board.
Ok JS you have a PM thanks for the offer

Sure bro.

WOW I created quite the $hit storm here onthis board.
Ok JS you have a PM thanks for the offer

we are all here to share knowledge. the more we share the more we ALL grow.
-JS

Just a thought here. If Phil hernon is calling JS a freak, and saying the is probably the biggest and leanest guy on the board, when we have guys like Dusty hanshaw here who is aiming to compete in the 280's if i remember correctly, a few things are safe to assume. 1 phil wont tell us who he is. That tells me Odds are He is a national level competitive athlete. Maybe not bodybuilding, maybe pro football, or WSM, or UFC. But i have a good idea that he's done alot more in his sport than most of us ever will. It would probably be a good idea to listen to his advice.

OH and another thought here. The exercises you choose are going to also be largely dependant on the routine you follow. If JS is following Phils routine, Similar to the one he gave me, Then there is adequate time to recover from each trainign session. If there isnt enough time then you wont be able to progress in WT/Reps. Its a careful balance of Volume, Load, And active recovery that allows progression, tip one of these factors out of line the entire system falls apart. If you like high volume, thats fine, but its going to take roughly a week for that trained muscle to recover. Increased volume = increased recovery time.

Lower volume = the ability to train muscles more often in any given period of time, offering more opportunities for that muscle to grow in that given time frame.

I think people forget what causes muscle growth sometimes. Its a set of responces to stimulus. What happens first is the trauma. Your body, specifically your immune system, Responds to this like it would with any other injury. This is really all you want to happen, Kick in your immune system. Once this process is started, the immune response, triggers other hormones, and things like IGF, HGH etc etc to go to work. All the things fall into place and your body works to prevent an injury of this nature from occouring again.

Thats why progression is so important. Your body already set itself up to protect it from what you did to it last week. You have to do something new. You have to lift heavier, or more reps. but keep the volume to a minimum as to keep recovery time there as well.

If me and joe blow both train for a year, and he traines chest 52 times in a year, and i get to train it 97 times a year, assuming both of us had productive training sessions, i geve my body that many more opportunities for growth than joe blow did. Now if i did my job, and i got stronger, by a larger margin than joe, ill have gained more muscle in the same time frame.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws