over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats your stand out body part?

Hammer4

Registered
Newbies
I see a lot of threads about how to bring up lagging body parts and a lot of advise about adding more work to a lagging muscle group which, in my opinion, could work, especially in the short term. Ultimately I think the more work strategy is doomed to fail if carried on for too long. Either learn to work it better or accept that it sucks.

What I'm really curious about is your working the stand out body part? For instance, I have decent triceps and I've ignored them over the past few months (not completely obviously) in order to bring up other body parts but I worked them hard today and had the best workout I've had in a while! I was excited to be there, arms pumped to the max!
I think there is something to leaning into your strengths. Are you sucking the fun out of what you do by worrying to much about what you don't have as opposed to enjoying/expanding the things you're good at?
Think Tom Platts with his legs... I image that dude freaking loved leg day!!! Or Arnold working Chest or Concentration Curls!!! I think love of training has a lot to do with how successful you'll be and who doesn't love training their best muscles?

What is your best muscle group and how do you train it?

My chest is another one. It responds really good to weights so i usually do 2 to 3 sets of bench press 6 to 8 repetitions 3 to 4 sets of cable crossover’s and three sets of machine/cable bench press.
do you do the crossover in a downward motion or pretty much horizontal 🤔
My back is my other good body part, pull ups, weighted pullups, hamme strength iso lateral Rows, pull downs, and seated cable rows. 3 to 4 sets each 6 to 10 repetitions.
Solid. Similar for me. Weighted chins, pulldowns, Smith machine bent row, hammer strength rows on horizontal plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think i have one - i suppose have a good proportions. Truth is that I dont have favourite bodyparts I love training all of them equally.

Quads and hamstrings. I have absolute thunder thighs lol. Years of heavy dead’s and squats from powerlifting, I carry most of my weigh below my belt lol. I look like I weigh 190 from my belt up, I look like I weigh 240 if you just saw my legs.

Calves and traps. Built from years of being a mule on construction sites and carrying shit all day
I feel you. I don't ever work forearms but just doing baseball growing up and blue collar jobs, they're pretty solid.

But I'll say chest, I do 1rp set a week. For a while did pushups only do I could focus on other parts and didn't lose size. Need more arms shoulders imo chest dominant is not a good look.
Yeah kinda looks like tits in a t-shirt if you don't have the delts to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think i have one - i suppose have a good proportions. Truth is that I dont have favourite bodyparts I love training all of them equally.
That would explain the good proportions! You've got a solid physique my man.

Quads and hamstrings. I have absolute thunder thighs lol. Years of heavy dead’s and squats from powerlifting, I carry most of my weigh below my belt lol. I look like I weigh 190 from my belt up, I look like I weigh 240 if you just saw my legs.
You know what they say bro, you can't launch a cannon from a canoe!

Looks like you've made some good progress since switching up to a more hypertrophic focus. Gh done you good 👍🏻

Shoulders. Alwas had nice round basketball like shoulders. Great triceps too but my biceps are so small, weird looking to me.
My shoulder and triceps strength have been amazing, then my biceps are as weak as a 2 year old, lol

Shoulders. Alwas had nice round basketball like shoulders. Great triceps too but my biceps are so small, weird looking to me.
My shoulder and triceps strength have been amazing, then my biceps are as weak as a 2 year old, lol
Did you play basketball? This is exactly how all my basketball buddies were built!

Were mentioning above our junk now as a part of bodybuilding?

Maybe times are changing and we can openly talk about it but I'm not convinced bc when I go out socially I don't hear it in conversations. I've heard the ok occasional Drunk guy but don't think it's socially acceptable in normal day to day social gatherings. Anyways, back is one of mine, chest,shoulders, glutes, quads okay have had quad injury. Arms okay. Waist okay when lean , very lean or further.

You know what they say bro, you can't launch a cannon from a canoe!

Looks like you've made some good progress since switching up to a more hypertrophic focus. Gh done you good 👍🏻
Trying man! Still hammering legs though, not gonna let them atrophy. Just doing more high reps down there to ideally avoid too much growth.

Focusing slin and higher cals on upper days coupled with heavier lifts, more volume, and intensity to bring up the top

Probably arms. When I've really focused on them, they explode. To keep things proportional I do a few sets of barbell curls and cable extensions a week rarely more, sometimes less - always get comments and that's been my whole life. My back/traps too. Same deal but a lifetime of pulling from the floor (deads, cleans, OL variants). I still train so I still pull.

Probably arms. When I've really focused on them, they explode. To keep things proportional I do a few sets of barbell curls and cable extensions a week rarely more, sometimes less - always get comments and that's been my whole life. My back/traps too. Same deal but a lifetime of pulling from the floor (deads, cleans, OL variants). I still train so I still pull.
Did you do any competitive PL before?

oddly enough, I played 9 years.
Nice brother. I was always jealous of basketballers delts. You can be rail everywhere else with boulder shoulders and physique looks pretty decent just with that!

Traps and arms for sure
You definitely got some big ass arms bro. I never work my traps directly I probably need to change that... I hate shrugs and not for the reason you might expect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity