over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol too high - ideas to lower

If you do your research you will see that high LDL is not a bad thing. It has no impact on heart disease period. Big pharma has been pushing this for years to sell pills. There is however a correlation between low LDL and heart disease.

The triglycerides to HDL ratio is the new gold standard in my opinion for assessing the risk.

Remember cholesterol helps build your hormones. What do you think statins do?

It's true that LDL-C is mostly irrelevant. LDL-P, on the other hand, is very important.

It's true that LDL-C is mostly irrelevant. LDL-P, on the other hand, is very important.

In the big picture, there's not much difference in size of small and large LDL particles. They're relatively comparable in size. Small are roughly 24nm (nanometers) in diameter vs 27nm for larger. Both can easily penetrate endothelial fractures, thus potentially leading to atherosclerotic plaque. With all things considered, reducing the amount moreso than size may be a better approach if one's chasing numbers.

Last edited:
I also agree with above poster that statins are demonized around here for essentially no reason.[/QUOTE]

There is actually a reason. That being that for a lot of folks statin sides suck. For me it was shortness of breath and real bad hand cramps. The other thing is if one is trying to increase life insurance policy coverage the more meds the docs have you on the higher premium or possibly get denied.

Theres great proven benefit from taking flax oil daily. That which is refrigerated, with lignans.

Theres great proven benefit from taking flax oil daily. That which is refrigerated, with lignans.

Do you mind sharing? I love Udo's Choice blend oil. I actually love the taste.

This didn't improve my lipids like I had hoped it would. It's worth mentioning I switched from Metformin though so the effects might have been similar among the two.

Were you using the 500mg 3x per day dosage?

Were you using the 500mg 3x per day dosage?

Yea that was the exact dosage I used. It's possible I got the lipid benefits from Metformin so switching didn't lower them. I switched back to Metformin though.

You use Metformin on a daily basis don’t you?

Yea that was the exact dosage I used. It's possible I got the lipid benefits from Metformin so switching didn't lower them. I switched back to Metformin though.

That could be it. Berberine still has plenty of great benefits. Definitely a good idea to run either berberine or metformin from a longevity standpoint.

What berberine brand did you use?

You use Metformin on a daily basis don’t you?

Absolutely. I do 1500mg daily, divided in three doses.

That could be it. Berberine still has plenty of great benefits. Definitely a good idea to run either berberine or metformin from a longevity standpoint.

What berberine brand did you use?

Agreed. Amazing Formulas.

Nothuman, Didn’t you once say Met killed your appetite? I wish it would have don’t that for me.

I started running Berberine a couple months after running out of Met. Both give me a similar reading on my glucometer. I also noticed to look fuller after continued use of Berberine.

Nothuman, Didn’t you once say Met killed your appetite? I wish it would have don’t that for me.

I started running Berberine a couple months after running out of Met. Both give me a similar reading on my glucometer. I also noticed to look fuller after continued use of Berberine.

No, I never said that, because it certainly doesn't kill my appetite. I've never had a side with it before, other than maybe diarrhea for two days once I started it for the first time ever. You might be thinking of Little Slice.

Couldn't tell any difference between Met/Berb.

Didn’t read the whole thread but old thoughts on cholesterol have been replaced by a lot of new research and they’ve found that HDL and LDL numbers don’t matter as much at face value as they were previously thought to - you really need to test between different forms of LDL as it’s the small/dense and potentially oxidized particles that contribute to negative health consequences.

As long as you are doing the right things - cardio, eating fruits/veggies/fiber, healthy fats, cutting out refined sugar - I wouldnt worry much as cholesterol numbers shouldn’t be much of an issue.

Here’s a good YouTube video that covers some of this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZt9DQqtZI"]Dr. Ronald Krauss on LDL Cholesterol, Particle Size, Heart Disease & Atherogenic Dyslipidemia - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws