over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Claude Groulx training method?

GoneForever

Banned
I remember seeing one of his workout video's and he says he will do one excersise(a few sets) of the same bodypart trained the previous day, before he starts his new day. For ex.

He hits back on tues and chest is scheduled for wed. Before the chest workout he does a few sets of pullups or some other back excersise. nothing super heavey, higher reps,etc... Not sure the reasoning behind this but anyone do it or heard of this type of method?

I used to do this back in the early eighties after reading about Sergio Oliva doing it..it seemed to help me with muscle recovery.

this is not the first time ive heard about that either, cant see why it wouldnt help, you are stretching the muscle out, and bring precious fluids back into the area, not to mention counteractively stretching out the chest before you train it.

I have never heard of anyone else doing this, but I do it all of the time. It does help with recovery, but the pump is awesome in the previosuly worked area.

It supposedly flushes blood into the are to enhance nutrient transport to the muscles you want to recover. BLood delivers nutrients, the more blood being delivered to a muscle the more nutrients it is carrying and the more optimal your recovery

So do you guys all do this, or are you gonna start?

super secret training method all the pro's have been hiding for decades lol....who knows...try it and see if you like it

Westside Barbell does this alot. I think it was referred to as passive recovery. I think TP4U explained it well

just another means of getting blood to the muscles as others have mentioned but needs to be done at a low intensity if used for recovery purposes

some will think 5 push-ups the day after chest is sufficient and others will do 400 dips...know what kind of person u are and in my opinion Jump Stretch Bands are great to use for active recovery with the exception of quads

just using bands i can hit every muscle with almost no eccentric stress to the muscle with the exception of quads which just using bands i have not found a good way to isolate the quads...i tired a one-legged leg press with a band behind me but it just didn't do what i visualized it would...........do a 100 rep set the day or two after ur workout with a very light weight and it will help recovery

They are called "FEEDER WORKOUTS"

I remember seeing one of his workout video's and he says he will do one excersise(a few sets) of the same bodypart trained the previous day, before he starts his new day. For ex.

He hits back on tues and chest is scheduled for wed. Before the chest workout he does a few sets of pullups or some other back excersise. nothing super heavey, higher reps,etc... Not sure the reasoning behind this but anyone do it or heard of this type of method?

Ive never tried it but it may have worked for Claude,,,who knows?

I can see how the logic makes sense but only on certain bodyparts. For example if you hit legs monday and back tuesday, then a few sets of legs before back would make sense and vice versa, but if you hit say shoulders on mon and back on tues, I dont see how it will make sense to do a few shoulder sets when they are already gonna get hit a bit during the whole back workout.

I can see how the logic makes sense but only on certain bodyparts. For example if you hit legs monday and back tuesday, then a few sets of legs before back would make sense and vice versa, but if you hit say shoulders on mon and back on tues, I dont see how it will make sense to do a few shoulder sets when they are already gonna get hit a bit during the whole back workout.

VERY good observation. I was about to post the same thing until i scrolled to your post. I would think that it would be enough active recovery to hit another bodypart that will somewhat recruit the same muscle group previously worked.... (like MOST probably do by mistake, hitting back after chest when you use your lats to bench and vise versa)

VERY good observation. I was about to post the same thing until i scrolled to your post. I would think that it would be enough active recovery to hit another bodypart that will somewhat recruit the same muscle group previously worked.... (like MOST probably do by mistake, hitting back after chest when you use your lats to bench and vise versa)

Shit man, I thought back after chest was ok. I try to avoid chest and shoulders with the same day. Whats your split look like if you only were to train each bodypart 1x per week 3days on 1off?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member