advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Confession! Shopaholic during contest prep.

MAINEVENT

MODERATOR / FOUNDING Member / Featured Member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have a confession to make. It seems like every time I'm in contest mode I go into some kind of shopping frenzy. Does anyone else do this when prepping for a show?

lol..

let me guess

lingerie?
ab machines from late nite tv?
scrapbooking supplies?

lol..

let me guess

lingerie?
ab machines from late nite tv?
scrapbooking supplies?

You been talking to my wife? lol.

Similar but I start cooking alot. Dunno why cause my wife hates it but I'll start making a bunch of cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. Niether of us eat it, she ends up giving the stuff away. I guess it helps curb my sweets craving. Crazy I know!

Maybe its a mental diversion from the hunger pains? :)

PS: My wife would love you.

I have the problem but it all has to do about what I am going to purchase to help gain size in the offseason...which ends up being a lot of online shopping ;)

Similar but I start cooking alot. Dunno why cause my wife hates it but I'll start making a bunch of cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. Niether of us eat it, she ends up giving the stuff away. I guess it helps curb my sweets craving. Crazy I know!

You too? I baked banana bread, cakes, cookies, pies, cobbler, brownies, anything that I craved....didnt eat any of it but made my wife eat it. She asked me if I was eating vicariously through her...and yes I was.

You too? I baked banana bread, cakes, cookies, pies, cobbler, brownies, anything that I craved....didnt eat any of it but made my wife eat it. She asked me if I was eating vicariously through her...and yes I was.

LOL

Ya, I've ran into quite a few people who do this during prep. I probably came up with 20+ variations of rice krispy treats during my last prep, lol.

OK then....i will remember to get your on 'friends list' during your next contest and I will pay for the shipping.:D

Maybe its a mental diversion from the hunger pains? :)

PS: My wife would love you.

Could be. Normally I evaluate the shit out of purchasing something....lol. My wife does love that part about my prep because my usual answer is "sure baby, i think you need that".:rolleyes:

probably your body full of cortisol during contest time,,, dopamine increases when cortisol goes up

high dopamine causes addictive compulsive behavior

and your behavior is buying things LOL

at least its not something really strange...

I do something that costs even more. I plan vacations and trips. I am going to Vegas for 5 days in Oct 1 with some guys on Harleys. I am going to take my family to Universal Studios after the show. I am going to the Nationals in Nov. That is what happens when I am bored and doing diets. It's a wonder why I am broke!:p:D:p

you bet

OK then....i will remember to get your on 'friends list' during your next contest and I will pay for the shipping.:D

send me a pm with your favorite desert request and addy...youll have it for post-comp.

I have a confession to make. It seems like every time I'm in contest mode I go into some kind of shopping frenzy. Does anyone else do this when prepping for a show?

Yep, it gets worse the closer I get to the show and the leaner I become. My weakness is shiney things, jewellery, hell one year I almost bought a car just because.

If it becomes a problem for you try adding Meridia to your pre-contest vitamins. I figured that the reason I got like that went nuts shopping was because I was trying to trigger the reward centers of my brain that would normally get stimulated by eating. The meridia is supposed to prevent cravings while dieting by maintaining the serotonin levels in the brain, so it keeps those reward centers happy whether they're craving carbs or the next best thing (like a gold watch). I added it during my last prep and it was a night and day difference, within a week of starting it I had completely stopped wanting to go shopping all the time.

Hahahaha, my wife says thats me as every time i go to the shops for my turkey, brocolli etc i ALWAYS come back with a basket of goodies for her, hahahaha:p

$2,000 stereo system from circuit city last time i did a precontest diet

No wonder you only compete once a year.. anymore and you'd be filing for bankruptcy :D

No wonder you only compete once a year.. anymore and you'd be filing for bankruptcy :D

Hahaha...true. Hopefully my side business picks up and I can shop whenever i want. Maybe then Ill buy some decent equipment for our shitty ass gym.:D

I am glad I am not the only one

Yes this happens to me each and every time. I always hit the Ross stores and buy tons of clothes of the clearance rack especially workout clothes. I end up sticking in the closet or a drawer somewhere. Sometimes they don't even make into the house from my vehical for months. The sweat pants and shirts that I wore for my last couple of contests were worn for the first time and I think I bought them back in 2006.

same here bro last two shows went on shopping myself, glad i am not the only one!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws