over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest prep input

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I have guy at my gym that has been training for year , pretty big dude but never been really lean , power lifted in high school and college and still trains hard just not to compete in lifting anymore. Done quite a few cycles up till the last 6 years were healthy has been more of a priority.
So he has decided that since he just turned 40 he wants to try to get on stage and wants to do his own prep but asked if I’d look over his plan. I personally think is a bit to aggressive and he’ll get tired of it quickly but I think he should get good results in fat loss.
So here is his initial plan

5am: wake , take 2iu HGH , 100mcg T4 , 200mg Caffeine , 25mg ephedrine , 7.5mg Yohimbine hcl
5:30: 30 min walk carrying and lifting 20lb dumbbells
8:00: 50g Protein , 20g Fat (eggs)
11:00: 50g Protein , 20g fat , (93% ground turkey , 3 cups vegetables)
12:30: 200mg Caffeine , 25mg ephedrine , 7.5mg Yohimbine hcl
1:00: 30 min walk carrying and lifting 20lb dumbbells
2:00: 50g Protein , 20g fat , (chicken , 3 cups vegetables , Olive oil)
5:00: 45 min weight training (15g EAA , 10g Creatine , 10g Glutamamine , 5g Citruline mallate) 100mg caffeine , 25mg ephedrine , 7.5 mg yohimbine hcl
6:00: 50g whey protein shake
8:00: 50g Protein , 20g fat (93% lean beef , 3 cups vegetables)
10:00: 2iu HGH , bed
3 Refeed meals once a week all three meals back to back (30g Protein , 75g carbs , 25g fat from eggs , beef , sweet potatoes)

Gear will be
Weeks 1-6 , 200mg Test Cyp , 200mg Tren Enanthate , 200mg Mast Enanthate
Weeks 7-12 , 200mg Test Cyp , 300mg Tren Enanthate , 300mg Mast Enanthate
Weeks 13-16 , 200mg test Cyp , 400mg Tren Enanthate , 400mg Mast Enanthate , 350mg Winstrol

That’s copy and paste from what he sent me , I personally think that’s a bit to aggressive but he is at 260lbs , 20ish% body fat for the last 3 years only taking 150mg week test Cyp for TRT , so it might be needed just not sure it’s sustainable for 16 weeks

Just wanted some second opinions as I know a few guys here have done the whole very low calorie kind of dieting. His idea is that he can drop 15lbs of fat and add around 10lbs muscle due to the drugs but I don’t think adding any muscle is a possibility with calories that low.

-16 weeks for 20% bodyfat seems like to short
-Not a gradual enough reduction in energy
-Fats too high for contest prep
-His refeed meals arent really refeed meals

2 sessions of cardio "hiit"? It seems excessive and unnecessary. Tell him to increase his fasting cardio every 2 weeks up to 50 minutes and just do bike or treadmill.

Too many stimulates. ephedrine 50 mgs a day, and caffeine no more than 500-600 max. 400 is enough. Ive done a prep before without any stimulates, except five weeks out i added in 100 mgs caffiene, then 12.5 mgs ephedrine. by end of five weeks was doing 200 caffeine and 25 mgs ephedrine once a day. Lower stimulate dose

Too many stimulates raise cortisol too much and disrupt sleep, which is vital.. No,no,no,no ,no esp at forty years old

cardio once a day is fine,. no holding dumbbells needed. he could do a second session after weights and after two , or three meals after weights

he needs carbs for energy, and post training. cut 10 mgs fats in some meals and replace them with some carbs

tren dose is too high. is he predisposed to androgenic alopecia, if so his hair is going to thin...so he can cut the tren dose out completely or use sub-q tren at 10-20 mgs a day on training days or 150 mgs a week. yes 150 mgs is plenty on tren and reduces side effects immensely.

gh- would be best all at once post training 2-4 iu's . This reduces side effects of gh.

like others have mentioned, he needs to try one thing at a time , and ease into cardio more. It takes time. He may need to lose fifty pounds to be truly stage ready. He may need to lose forty pounds to be decent onstage. thirty pounds he may be in next to last or last place.

To come in at 5 or 6%, he has about 40lbs to lose in 16 weeks. 2.5 lbs per week. Definitely doable.

Not sure why he has T4 there right off the bat. I know for high doses of GH, T4 is recommended, but I would say use it when you have to, not because you think it's something to do.

Regarding diet. Way too aggressive for a 260lb male. This is something I might try a female client on to 'test the waters', see where her metabolism is. Would never eliminate carbs right off the bat.

Quick calculation, it's about 265g Protein, 80g fat per day so about 1780 calories.

It think this is a recipe for a metabolism crash, or even if he can sustain weight loss, he will look like a string bean at the end.

Not sure what he is eating now to sustain his weight, but if it's not at least 3500 calories per day (should be much more than that), then his metabolism sucks and he will have a hard time dieting.

I would start without the cardio, just training, no fat burners, and hopefully at least 3500 calories per day and see what happens. Then I would rely on adding cardio, reducing calories. Gradually. Then add fat burners. Don't play all your cards at once.

Yeah, some weird stuff in there. You should see if you could take control of his diet Gun, would be a fun experiement.

Either way he's on too low of cals. The protein isn't enough at all. Someone also mentioned too much fat? No, not enough cals. at all.
And 2-a-day cardio? no way, talk him out of this plan. Even with the gear, its a recipe for muscle loss.
i'd also convince him that because he hasn't done a show (or maybe he has but its been forever) to take maybe 20 weeks or so.
Ease into it.

I'd find out what the hell he's eating now and change from that. Does he even eat healthy? Are his cals ALREADY this low?
Tons more info you can help him with man.

3 doses of stims per day! The last being at 5pm, plus tren, he ain`t sleeping a wink. Ditch the arm curls during walking, if anything a weighted vest.

The dude would need to lose nearly a percentage point of body fat every week. He'll crack most likely. He's not going to be ready. He'll get good results in fat loss, but unless he plans on sustaining very low calories plus thermos, he's going to be struggling like hell. It's technically doable but he definitely didn't think this through or thought he was a lot leaner than he really was. Plus losing so much fat so fast will probably screw his conditioning until the skin tightens back up. Tell him to pick a show six months or a year out and start gradually leaning down. When he's relatively lean, then start a proper prep. Now isn't really the time to start messing with very low calories if he doesn't know how he'll respond to that type of dieting yet. Some guys can do it and keep muscle, other guys can't. There's only so much the drugs are going to do. If he thinks he's going to lose 15lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle, dude is living in lala land. Again, it may be technically possible, but odds are he's going to come out of this very frustrated.

Since it sounds like he hasn’t been serious about training or his physique (over 20% bf), why do all this now? Why not up his test slightly, run the 2ius of gh, do some fasted cardio, work on his diet and see where he is in 4-5 months? THEN see if he has what it takes to compete. Just my opinion-

Since it sounds like he hasn’t been serious about training or his physique (over 20% bf), why do all this now? Why not up his test slightly, run the 2ius of gh, do some fasted cardio, work on his diet and see where he is in 4-5 months? THEN see if he has what it takes to compete. Just my opinion-
^^^^^ best advice right here^^^^

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity