over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Core training

You guys gotta remember most women just associate weights with muscle, and for alot of them their only real experience is pictures of ronnie on TV. That's literally it. They also get fed endless adds for pilates and things like this (The word "toned" gets thrown around alot, but I've never understood what it means) and how many women in the media do you see struggling under dumbells? Dont think I've ever seen one (I mean really, toned is just low bodyfat with some muscle left, right?).

I go to a college gym, it gets used by alot of students but I doubt the biggest guy there cracks 220, and I see a number of girls coming in really genuinely concerned about lifting weights at all. One wouldn't do 9lb bicep curls because she was really worried her arms would grow. Another refused to her boyfreind to complete a third set because she was also worried her arms would get bigger. Several refuse to go near the leg press. I tried to explain to one that she dosn't have the hormones AND she wasn't lifting big AND she probably couldn't put on mass even if she wanted too, but she wasn't buying it and I am seriously just why the fuck do I bother. Fuck off bitch do what you want.

Jesus, I thought it was just my gym here. That's ALL THEY DO is shit with that blue ball! It's ridiculous. Oh yeah, cant forget the situps where they throw the medicine ball back and forth for 300 fuckin reps rather than rep out 20 good reps with squeeze!!! Then they stock up on all their supplements , and cant leave out the Nike Air Max shoes, official sneakers of pansy ass fucks around these parts

Can anyone explain to me why all of these pansy ass Know nothing trainers are training each and every client, especially female clients, with this stupid core training and the idiotic blue ball? Also, why do all women believe STILL that light weights will give them the body that they want? Every woman I train argues with me about going too heavy. I am to the point now that I turn down clients that complain about training heavy.I REFUSE to train whiners, crybabies, complainers, and questionaholics. They all seem to not believe me, sayin gthat I am a bodybuilder and they dont want to ever look like this.
Another thing. I have a friend that I give advice to. He is very heavy but thinks he is muscular. I wrote him out a diet, training. HE tells me the other day that a bouncer at the club gave him a routine and a diet tha the is going to follow. I told him to NEVER EVER EVER ask me anythig EVER again. Do you guys understand where I am coming from?

Preach it brotha!! People ask me why I don't train my core, I laugh and say I get enough from lifting in general, especially back training and squatting, and no thank you, I will not train my obliques directly, yeah, let me purposely f up my v taper....:mad:

What I am trying to understand are these one-leg lifters. I see these guys stand on one leg and do some kind of cable exercise. The real topper was this guy who picked up 10lb DBs and performed the swimmer's butterfly movement with them. Where do these people come up with this shit?

different folks, different goals....not everyone workouts out to be a bodybuilder

but people ask guys like me and obviously Phil how to reach their goals and we tell em and they don't believe it can be that simple. they don't believe it so it sucks when once again we waste our breath telling them the truth and we embody the absolute thing they want (otherwise they wouldn't ask us) and then walk away in disbelief.

the other day this guys says "how many sets do you do?"
i replied 3. and he says "no, i mean how many sets do you do, NOT how many exercises."
i replied 3. and he says "ok, 3 exercises for 3 sets each, i do way more than that."
dumbass didn't even listen. THATS HOW BRAINWASHED PEOPLE ARE. I SAID 3 SETS!!!!!!!!!"
-STEELE

you also have to take into account the preset notion people have. look at phils workouts. i mean damn hell i was skeptical when i first read it. i didnt doubt phil look at him. mans gotta at least some what know what he is talking about. tried it and damn he beyond knows what he is talking about. people read the flex articles and every other dumb ass thing. like you said brainwashing.

different folks, different goals....not everyone workouts out to be a bodybuilder

Yes, youre right. Some people like to look like an idiot for an hour and hurt themselves only to quit it all two weeks later. I dig it.

funny!

steele, your post had laughing pretty hard....it is true people have asked aeliop adivise for years, and then don't want to do the time. One guy very recently didn't last 3 days... he actually kept bugging aeliop for weeks to help him, so aeliop sets up one morning to meet him and train, well, the guy shows up late and hungover. I am not sure what aeliop said, I can guess, but we haven't seen him in there since.

my GF trains right along side me every day now since her trainer abandoned her...It has been the best thing to happen to her in awhile as far as gym progress goes...I train under Phil and have come a long way in a short while...Country chic is making progress in a big way and eating when hungry and doing my workouts.....Amazing...She is also going to hit Phil up shortly for nutrition and training guidance for our upcoming show..
She is getting leaner and way harder and not looking masculine, doing deads, squats like no tomorrow, and pullups, dips etc., etc....She loves it and a lot of fellas just have a look of shock seeing her do a 45 and a 35 per side on squats, and big deads etc....
We cant say enough about big Phils routines.....And diets....and his patience is awesome, and his honesty is second to none...I apprecite that aspect, plus you can write him and have a reply before you finish viewing another thread most times....
We dont really have any CORE training stuff in the gym we attend, so iots not a problem having to watch the insanity...lol

I guess I wouldn't have the problem with core training as much as the out of shape trainers giving it. I thought when you wanted core training, you implement a good DIET.:rolleyes: I see these clients looking at me and then asking their trainers, what I do. I don't even want to know what these so call trainers say. I guess to each his own, I now try to do my own thing, and if they want to know the truth I would tell them, but do they really want to know the truth?:rolleyes: HARD WORK AND DIET!!:eek:

Part of the problem is the media and society telling women that skinny is beautiful. Until women wake up and realize that skinny looks more like you are malnutritioned, then women will continue to try to achieve that look.

For years, I tried to help out women when they ask, but now I don't even try any more. It's just a waste of my breath.

I call them the fat skinny girls. Example Jane joins a gym, she hits the cross trainer, treadmill, bike and lets not forget the core. Four months later Jane has lost 24lb training 5 days a week. End result is just a smaller Jane she has lost muscle tone as well as fat, now if she had added resistance training and a little protein she could of been a lean toned Jane. But she did not want to lift weights because she did not want to get to big and did not want to eat protein because it will make her fat. It cracks me up every time.

at my gym

I look better than basically all of the trainers and i am in no way built like a bodybuilder. I was a swimmer all of my life and came into lifting a year ago at 155 and about 4% bf. Since my swimming career was over I decided to build muscle mass and hopefully bulk up. Well now I'm 180 at about 8% bf (I'm not swimming for cardio right now) and pretty strong for a natural 180 because I train hard but realize that my diet and things I do outside the gym effect my results far more than being in there doing one legged ball squats to show that I can balance. lol

Either way I get a lot of people trainers included asking me for advice on working out and diets. Most woman don't ever believe me when I tell them what to eat and how to train... Which is funny because there are a couple of females that have and they are losing fat like crazy and getting way better results than the others, yet somehow people still won't listen. That's prolly what bothers me the most when they see people following what you tell them getting results but still think your full of it... :mad:

I'm also always open to new training and nutrition because it's easy to plateau which I kind of have but I'm on LBA's now so I'm hoping that will get me to the next step! :D

I call them the fat skinny girls. Example Jane joins a gym, she hits the cross trainer, treadmill, bike and lets not forget the core. Four months later Jane has lost 24lb training 5 days a week. End result is just a smaller Jane she has lost muscle tone as well as fat, now if she had added resistance training and a little protein she could of been a lean toned Jane. But she did not want to lift weights because she did not want to get to big and did not want to eat protein because it will make her fat. It cracks me up every time.

We call the same type of girls skinny-fat at my gym. It's funny how sayings can be the same all over.

OH MY

WHEN I SAW THIS THREAD PULLED UP FROM THE PAST I WAS BRACING FOR A WHOOPIN.........GLAD TO SEE YOU GUYS FEEL THE SAME AS I DID AND DO. SQUATS, PULL UPS, BENCH PRESSES......TALK ABOUT CORE TRAINING!

WHEN I SAW THIS THREAD PULLED UP FROM THE PAST I WAS BRACING FOR A WHOOPIN.........GLAD TO SEE YOU GUYS FEEL THE SAME AS I DID AND DO. SQUATS, PULL UPS, BENCH PRESSES......TALK ABOUT CORE TRAINING!

PULL UPS are the best everyone asks how to get a nice big back but they won't do a pull up or a dead lift. :rolleyes:

but people ask guys like me and obviously Phil how to reach their goals and we tell em and they don't believe it can be that simple. they don't believe it so it sucks when once again we waste our breath telling them the truth and we embody the absolute thing they want (otherwise they wouldn't ask us) and then walk away in disbelief.

the other day this guys says "how many sets do you do?"
i replied 3. and he says "no, i mean how many sets do you do, NOT how many exercises."
i replied 3. and he says "ok, 3 exercises for 3 sets each, i do way more than that."
dumbass didn't even listen. THATS HOW BRAINWASHED PEOPLE ARE. I SAID 3 SETS!!!!!!!!!"
-STEELE

NEVER GIVE FREE ADVICE TO STRANGERS, DON'T FORGET TO CHARGE FRIENDS TOO!

F@#$ing BOSU BALLS!!! I actually threatened a personal trainer at my gym one time that if he ever brought a F#$%ing Bosu ball in my gym I would personally throw him and the F%$#ing Bosu ball through the nearest window!! NO SHIT!

I recently had a guy, all of about 21 yrs old, just out of school come to my gym with his resume. Looking for work as a personal trainer. So I started asking him some questions about his training Philosophy. I noted that he had less than 1 yr experience in this entire industry and looked like he has never touched a piece of iron in his entire young life. YEP he was a core trainer. Believed in bosu ball shit and dumbell work on a blue ball, one legged shoulder presses.....etc. I questioned him about how in the hell you would ever handle 100lbr's on a ball. His reply, oh you couldn't do that you might get hurt. I would never train that heavy!! HAHAHAHAHA. I politely told him my gym was not the right place for him and he should go to my opposition down the road. They use his type of trainer there. He tried to actually lecture me on the points of proper weight training. I stopped him, turned around and pointed to all my trophies behind the desk and asked him where were his. I also pointed out that I have owned gyms for nearly 15 years and been training longer than he has lived. He shut up and left then. I could go on and on but I will stop there before my blood pressure goes up!!;) :D

I go through the same thing with female athletes! I just tell them if they keep complainig they can do 50 up downs. they usually quite down:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws