over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing from some that we should now be wearing gloves in public places and some are even talking about gyms requiring them when they re-open. Can someone please educate me on what I am missing. I don't understand how gloves will change anything to any significant degree. If you are at the grocery store or the gym and you touch something with covid-19 and get it on your gloves instead of your hands, it is going to be transmitted to the next thing you touch unless you change gloves after everything you touch. As long as you practice good hand washing and using hand sanitizer, what difference does it make whether it is your skin or gloves that are touching things?

Here is my education on gloves and masks..

They are a waste, only N95 which are suctioned to your face keep 70% of stuff out. - Gloves = no point.

Could the virus die faster on the material of gloves, compared to skin?

People will subconsciously touch their faces less when wearing gloves, compared to no gloves. Transmission through the mouth and eyes as well as liquid droplets being inhaled. I'm sure I read somewhere transmission is highest through touching the face, not air droplets.

So we need gloves because people don't have enough self-control not to touch their faces?

As far as the survival time on the gloves versus the hands; people should be using hand sanitizer every time they use a new piece of equipment as well as wiping down the equipment. So unless they are using hand sanitizer on their gloves, I would think that the gloves would make things worse.

So PPE is a waste? lol..

Its different in a medical setting where you are constantly changing your gloves from patient to patient as well as you are aiming at sterility for all bacteria and viruses; not just covid.

I dont have faith in anyone doing this to any sort of acceptable standard, if someone in the gym has the virus it will spread like wildfire, you only need to see how easy it spread on cruise ships to see how bad it could get in the gym thru touching, sweating etc etc.

I very much agree

Its different in a medical setting where you are constantly changing your gloves from patient to patient as well as you are aiming at sterility for all bacteria and viruses; not just covid.

His comment was ignorant, and its just a pissy attitude. I dont like this stuff anymore than the next person. I hate wearing a mask. Its bad enough I have to wear a cpap every night for sleep, than I have to wear one for 12hrs at work, and you cant even goto a grocery store in my state without having one on either. They wont let you in to shop. I didnt wear my mask into Walgreens the other day and everyone seems like they are giving you a dirty look, like who the hell is this guy not protecting himself. The masks are good if you have the virus so you dont help spread it. They are also good, in case you are a person who touches their face with their hands alot, at least you had a small barrier stopping you from doing it. As for gloves, they are good if you dont have hand sanitizer available. Better to touch a door knob or gas handle with gloves on, then with your bare hands. Or using your coat or shirt sleeve, thats what I do at work.

His comment was ignorant, and its just a pissy attitude. I dont like this stuff anymore than the next person. I hate wearing a mask. Its bad enough I have to wear a cpap every night for sleep, than I have to wear one for 12hrs at work, and you cant even goto a grocery store in my state without having one on either. They wont let you in to shop. I didnt wear my mask into Walgreens the other day and everyone seems like they are giving you a dirty look, like who the hell is this guy not protecting himself. The masks are good if you have the virus so you dont help spread it. They are also good, in case you are a person who touches their face with their hands alot, at least you had a small barrier stopping you from doing it. As for gloves, they are good if you dont have hand sanitizer available. Better to touch a door knob or gas handle with gloves on, then with your bare hands. Or using your coat or shirt sleeve, thats what I do at work.
I've only been out once a month and that's to get my INR blood test. When I go I wear latex gloves but no mask. Our state doesn't require it and my county has only had 3 covid deaths so far. I've only got 2 n 95 masks and saving them for a time when it is truly dangerous. I get my blood tests done at a local lab Corp and there are very few people there.

I've got heart failure, why I never go out in public now. I do go for walks in the neighborhood and don't wear any kind of face covering. I feel very safe just doing that since there is nobody even remotely near me.

I've only been out once a month and that's to get my INR blood test. When I go I wear latex gloves but no mask. Our state doesn't require it and my county has only had 3 covid deaths so far. I've only got 2 n 95 masks and saving them for a time when it is truly dangerous. I get my blood tests done at a local lab Corp and there are very few people there.

I've got heart failure, why I never go out in public now. I do go for walks in the neighborhood and don't wear any kind of face covering. I feel very safe just doing that since there is nobody even remotely near me.

They temporarily closed a bunch of Lab Corp locations here because nobody was going. I got my blood work done Monday and there was more people than I expected. I was talking to the lab tech and he said that things are picking up lately and that he fears they are going to get slammed in the next few weeks if they don't reopen the closed sites before the beginning of June that corporate has planned.

They temporarily closed a bunch of Lab Corp locations here because nobody was going. I got my blood work done Monday and there was more people than I expected. I was talking to the lab tech and he said that things are picking up lately and that he fears they are going to get slammed in the next few weeks if they don't reopen the closed sites before the beginning of June that corporate has planned.
Im very thankful that mine is open, otherwise id be forced to go in to the hospital to get it done. The hospital is the last place I want to go. I still need to get my winter wheels/tires off my Porsche and have them put on my summer wheels. Ive been avoiding going. I can probably have them come to my house and pick up the car and then bring it back.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shocking-two-thirds-patients-recently-200545019.html

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday that a survey showed that a "shocking" two-thirds of patients recently hospitalized for coronavirus became infected despite largely staying at home.

This shouldn't be shocking - I've said from the beginning this is way more widespread than everyone realizes, and I'm just a lowly social scientist by degree.

The long-term (generational impact) cost-benefit analysis on this mess will be fascinating. The 'experts' said all along they had no guide on how to fight this but somehow were in charge, they made the most extreme and panicked decisions possible out of fear and wanting to be seen as doing something, and it almost surely did much more harm to the country than good.

N95s require a fit test if required by an employer so having a beard or facial hair will interfere with the capability of the mask. Voluntary use does not require a fit test. So right now since an N95 is not mandated by law you can wear one but again if you have facial hair or the mask does not fit properly you are still at a risk...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shocking-two-thirds-patients-recently-200545019.html

This shouldn't be shocking - I've said from the beginning this is way more widespread than everyone realizes, and I'm just a lowly social scientist by degree.

The long-term (generational impact) cost-benefit analysis on this mess will be fascinating. The 'experts' said all along they had no guide on how to fight this but somehow were in charge, they made the most extreme and panicked decisions possible out of fear and wanting to be seen as doing something, and it almost surely did much more harm to the country than good.

In addition, the majority of people getting the virus and dying are living in long-term care facilities, where the majority of the population rarely even leaves the facility. As I said from the beginning, we needed to focus our resources on the elderly community instead of shutting down the whole country and treating every county and city identical.

In addition, the majority of people getting the virus and dying are living in long-term care facilities, where the majority of the population rarely even leaves the facility. As I said from the beginning, we needed to focus our resources on the elderly community instead of shutting down the whole country and treating every county and city identical.

Totally agree.

My county is the 8th most populous in the US and 40% of our coronavirus deaths are in nursing homes - that percentage hasn't budged since our first cases.

For the US in total, coronavirus deaths in nursing homes have fluctuated between 20-30%.

It's just insane how the country reacted to this and every official played follow the leader instead of putting some original thought into what to do.

The sooner we can all go back to work the better. This lockdown is starting to annoy me now. Its been almost 2 months and my chances of dying are about 0.5% by crunching the numbers here, it would be less if they were more accurate.

Let the majority of us get things moving again and protect the elderly and vulnerable by shielding them until some sort of bull proof treatment is found or vaccine.

All COVID-19 threads closed until Monday! Find something else to post about over the weekend!!

All COVID-19 threads closed until Monday! Find something else to post about over the weekend!!

The death rate per capita is indeed high now. When this is all over we will see if Sweden was successful. Right now it doesn't look good as far as death per capita. Comparing economic damage will be very interesting indeed.

Sweden not looking that great

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views