over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dave Palumbo's offseason bulking diet when he was 6'0 320lbs

Trust me on this....you do not spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on your own company and plug another company's product. This was long ago....like 12-15 years ago.....and i remember seeing this very same diet from him long long ago. Its not easy to be 315 pounds...it takes alot of shoveling of food....and when you try to do it clean...it takes even more food. I remember Milos Sarcev boatloading Metrx also multiple times a day trying to get bigger. I find it very strange that virtually every single bodybuilder that has been over 300 pounds will tell people how darn hard it was to eat that much food to get there and maintain that but for some reason people who havent been close to that weight dont believe it. Ive been over 300...it was a goal of mine which i accomplished...lifting is easy...freaking cakewalk compared to eating that much food to get over 300....that part was ridiculously hard. Has anyone ever seen Dave Palumbo fat in the offseason? Ever? I havent.....so how would dave palumbo be able to get up to the 315 mark if his body was such a blast furnace? Its a pretty darn easy equation. I got a guy that ive trained for a long time who is having a hell of a time staying over 300....he keeps falling back to 293.....this stuff is seriously hard to do.

Thankyou DC....I think a lot of people on the forum dont realize this, I have broke 300 2 x's 305 and 310 respectively, and it was constant eating and high calorie shakes, trying to do it 'clean' is a shit load of work, I drank protein drinks during my workouts, and in the middle of the night just to keep the flow of food coming, and as you said its tremendously harder than the lifting, at least there you get a couple days off a week.
I think a lot of people claim wanting the size but hope and pray they can 'up the dose' and that will get them the extra size, even though they arent bringing in one iota more of raw material for the body to use to build that extra size...oh and btw you will be doing a lot of 'eating when not hungry'.
Thankyou for your post.

Palumbo looked amazing back in the day, I'm surprised he didn't go pro. I wonder how long he would have lived if he did?

I was wondering that myself - any vets from back in the day know the answer as to why Palumbo never turned pro? Did legal issues with HGH cause a problem?

Thankyou DC....I think a lot of people on the forum dont realize this, I have broke 300 2 x's 305 and 310 respectively, and it was constant eating and high calorie shakes, trying to do it 'clean' is a shit load of work, I drank protein drinks during my workouts, and in the middle of the night just to keep the flow of food coming, and as you said its tremendously harder than the lifting, at least there you get a couple days off a week.
I think a lot of people claim wanting the size but hope and pray they can 'up the dose' and that will get them the extra size, even though they arent bringing in one iota more of raw material for the body to use to build that extra size...oh and btw you will be doing a lot of 'eating when not hungry'.
Thankyou for your post.

Did you eat as much as Palumbo? I mean, that has to be 13,000 calories a day just to take a wild guess. I'm curious to know what that was like for you because that is some serious food.

Never stacked up

I was wondering that myself - any vets from back in the day know the answer as to why Palumbo never turned pro? Did legal issues with HGH cause a problem?

DP never brought the right package to the stage. He was either 'too big' and bloated or tried to come in shredded and ended up flat. He had a very unaesthetic physique with a blocky waist that gave the illusion of smaller muscle bellies compared to the competition and was just flat out beat every time by others with better genetics.

i saw dave palumbo at i think the 97 or 98 jr nationals (year kevin english won overall as a middle weight) and he was well over three. i remember him leaning over and supporting himself with his left arm and striations were dancing all over his triceps, each tricep head also covered with little holes and bruises. he had one bag full of the the 99 cent triple cheeseburgers that were availble for a short time from mc donalds and another bag of french fries. not an order of fries but entire bag of fries. he was craming them in his mouth a fist full at a time in between answering questions. thing that stood out most about the guy was his patience with answering the asinine questions people were asking.

i saw dave palumbo at i think the 97 or 98 jr nationals (year kevin english won overall as a middle weight) and he was well over three. i remember him leaning over and supporting himself with his left arm and striations were dancing all over his triceps, each tricep head also covered with little holes and bruises. he had one bag full of the the 99 cent triple cheeseburgers that were availble for a short time from mc donalds and another bag of french fries. not an order of fries but entire bag of fries. he was craming them in his mouth a fist full at a time in between answering questions. thing that stood out most about the guy was his patience with answering the asinine questions people were asking.

damm...

I heard a story about coleman doing something similar ,,

Haha wow I bet all the people asking him questions immediately sprinted to McDonald's afterwards. Dave has always seemed like a very nice guy in public. He doesn't seem to have any temper or anything like that. Still, he seems to get criticized/hated on a lot.

I agree re nice guy - he doesn't know me from Adam but back in Nov at Natls in ATL he stopped and talked to me for 5 mins. Several other Mr O guys were not nearly as friendly to say the least.

Met-RX back in the day was the shit.
I was lucky enough to get the packets at cost working at a gym part time...
20 packets were $40 retail ...I got them for $15 per 20.
2-3 a day really helped especially as true meal replacements.

Dave is definitely 5'9 or 5'10 tops.

I can definitely imagine him eating at least close to that amount of food. He is one of the hardest working people I have ever seen...if you ever see him covering a contest, he takes it very seriously and will do anything to provide the best coverage. Of course once the show actually starts he relaxes but those dudes work hard, it's not just sitting in a chair with a computer typing things here or there.

He's a good guy who for some reason attracts the attention of the legions of retards across the internet. I'm sure he abused plenty of stuff, but to say his face is morphed is a bit silly..if you see pics of him from teenage years, he just has a big head and isn't super pretty haha.

Just found this that Dave posted on RX Muscle on April 25th, 2010

This was the most gear he ever used, according to him.

"TESTOSTERONE: 1200mg per week
DECA: 600mg per week
PARABOLIN 76mg amp 3x per week
WINSTROL 50mg every other day
HALOTESTIN 20mg per day
GH: 6IU per day
TESLAC 20pills per day (anti-aromatase)
PROVIRON 20mg 4x per day
6IU Humulin-R 2x per day

This was a CONTEST PREP CYCLE........and it was the most I ever used........ After using this, I cut back the testosterone to 1000, the GH to 4IU.......got rid of HALOTESTIN (when trenbolone acetate became more readily available).....got rid of teslac and proviron when Arimidex arrived."

Thoughts?

I can believe he ate that; not sure for how long though. Still seems like a lot. There is a big difference between maintaining 300lbs at 15% bodyfat and maintaining 300lbs at 8-10% body fat. I'm 5'8, 268 lbs and have to fight to keep my weight DOWN. I'm no Phil Heath by any stretch though.

One thing about is he is very friendly and honest when he speaks. If he responds about his past methods they are generally true statements. One of the best guys in the sport and proof you can be successful without a pro card.

I had my best gains when I was eating McDonalds. Ectomorphs will always do well with a junk food diet. 2 or 3 bug Macs a day and there's your 3k calories. Easier than eating clean.

I had my best gains when I was eating McDonalds. Ectomorphs will always do well with a junk food diet. 2 or 3 bug Macs a day and there's your 3k calories. Easier than eating clean.
I’m ecto, if I eat junk food now, it goes to all the wrong places.

When I was younger, that was a different story.

@emeric delczeg look at Daves old diet in first post. Half shakes. McDonald’s.

Reactions: Bio
I’m an ecto. Thin kid. Iv dieted and bulked eating lots of McDonald’s, Burger King and wendys. Before the gym,after the gym. Whoppers and Big Macs. Lots of em. They never made me fat but I absolutely grew the most muscle eating that trash. I still do. My body has always seemed to love it. Still at half a century old I can eat a bunch of fast food before bed and wake up looking full and jacked and feeling good.

I know this is an old thread, and I didn't bother to read it all, but Dave was never 6', he was 5'9" at best.

I’m an ecto. Thin kid. Iv dieted and bulked eating lots of McDonald’s, Burger King and wendys. Before the gym,after the gym. Whoppers and Big Macs. Lots of em. They never made me fat but I absolutely grew the most muscle eating that trash. I still do. My body has always seemed to love it. Still at half a century old I can eat a bunch of fast food before bed and wake up looking full and jacked and feeling good.
That’s crazy. As I mentioned I’m ecto and that shit all goes to my belly and wrong places now.

He used to be sponsored by them, but he posted that I think 2 years ago, so it doesn't seem like he is pushing met-rx.
He probably got the supplement free?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner