over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Day before show advice needed!

I've always had a larger than average fluid capacity. I drink a liter of water (with 30g HBCD/EAA) on my way to the gym and get in a minimum 3 liters of water (60g more of intra mix) during my workout...so yeah, three gallons a day is pretty easy for me.

I wish it was easier for me to down that much water..... you must FLY through that Prime Intra... I love it as well.... not to derail but you do 90g PI for ALL body parts?? or just the larger parts?

I'm actually a day out as well but a good buddy of mine is competing tomorrow and he has followed his coaches plan. I know there are a number of variables but he was wanting advice on what he could do to correct if there are any issues- figured I'd see if anyone knowledgeable had some input they could give.

Protocol so far (not using a diuretic)

10 days out- water loading 3 gal
Week of:
Mon- 3 gal, cut 1/3 sodium
Tues- 3 gal, cut 2/3 sodium
Wed- 3 gal, zero sodium
Thurs- 1.5gal, zero sodium
Friday- 1 gal, zero sodium

Basically he is thinking he may not be tight or filled out enough which is where carbs and sodium come in. I'm not a coach which is why I wanted a 2nd opinion but he won't spill over Saturday so long as he isn't drinking any water so he could always add carbs.

More wondering what the impact would be of adding sodium Friday night/Saturday morning after the water drop.

Any input appreciated!

The water protocol is exactly backwards. This kind of stuff has been on the internet for years....

Water drop - Pre-contest Prep

The real question is how did the experiment turn out?

I wish it was easier for me to down that much water..... you must FLY through that Prime Intra... I love it as well.... not to derail but you do 90g PI for ALL body parts?? or just the larger parts?

I'm doing Fortitude Training right now, so I'm using the 90g every training day. That may increase as I gradually up my calories. My next step will be to increase pre-workout carbs (60 minutes prior) via oats, then move all 90g intra into the actual body of the workout.

BUT, when I was doing a more traditional split, I was using 90g for all my heavy days, regardless of bodypart, and dialed it back on pump/explosive days.

Agreed with what Tenny is saying . The LEAST amount of changes the better I see no reason to add variables into the mix . I just finished prepping Ryan Pateracki for back to back shows and though not structrially great he was said to be the hardest and grainiest guy onstage . We didn't change anything with sodium / water he continued with his exact normal intake with a sodium spike 1 hr prior to the stage . Be ready early do your homework

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 202
he looks great man....

:)

I'm sorry, but as a heterosexual, I am content with the contest pic ONLY.:rolleyes::p:D

What Doug said!

Lol, it's about time someone chimed in. I thought it was just me. Thanks tenny for the "like", I knew I could count on you brother!:D:p

The guy above looks great. If the rumours are true about what goes on in the Middle East he could do very well for himself :eek::D

Regarding the OP... the one thing I want to know... well after if he is still alive... who is your coach??

Everything turned out well guys. He decided to do a high carb/high sodium meal Friday night after cutting water.

Filled out and dried up some and won his class over the weekend. Thanks for the helpful feedback as I said the same thing on getting stuff lined up earlier.

Messing with show day

One time I stayed up eating carbs every two hours the night before a show because I had dropped weight. My coach told me I looked like a fat fuck, the carbs had spilled over from from my liver. I was cut like a piece of salami. Don't F with show day.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws